Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit 19:10 - May 27 with 1269 viewsBrixtonBlue

I do hate brands who try to be woke. But as with the Lush example, you can legitimately do good rather than exploiting good causes to 'look' good.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/may/23/woke-washing-brands-cashing-in-on-

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 19:12 - May 27 with 1242 viewsJ2BLUE

The sandwich is just odd.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 19:38 - May 27 with 1202 viewsSwansea_Blue

Second sentence: “But is it all a cynical marketing ploy?”

Yes.

Here endeth the debate.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 19:57 - May 27 with 1182 viewsBrixtonBlue

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 19:12 - May 27 by J2BLUE

The sandwich is just odd.

Yeah I thought so.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 20:01 - May 27 with 1168 viewsGuthrum

Surely it should be "Awoken"?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 20:03 - May 27 with 1165 viewsBrixtonBlue

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 19:38 - May 27 by Swansea_Blue

Second sentence: “But is it all a cynical marketing ploy?”

Yes.

Here endeth the debate.

You'd think so, but actually Lush seem to be doing stuff privately (and publicly) that doesn't really benefit the brand.

Not mentioned in the article, but the Co-op are pretty good at this sort of thing too.

Generally though, yes, it's mostly cynical. The Pepsi thing with Kendall Jenner stopping a riot was so embarrassing Pepsi had to apologise for it. Young people aren't stupid, they'll quickly see through that sort of nonsense, and as the article says it'll damage the brand.

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 20:03 - May 27 with 1161 viewsBrixtonBlue

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 20:01 - May 27 by Guthrum

Surely it should be "Awoken"?

The word is woke. I don't make the rules.

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 20:09 - May 27 with 1155 viewsGuthrum

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 20:03 - May 27 by BrixtonBlue

The word is woke. I don't make the rules.

Gah! Kids today, can't tell their Samuel Johnson from their elbow.

Next we'll have "woked" and then we're really in trouble.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 20:10]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 20:12 - May 27 with 1138 viewsgordon

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 20:03 - May 27 by BrixtonBlue

You'd think so, but actually Lush seem to be doing stuff privately (and publicly) that doesn't really benefit the brand.

Not mentioned in the article, but the Co-op are pretty good at this sort of thing too.

Generally though, yes, it's mostly cynical. The Pepsi thing with Kendall Jenner stopping a riot was so embarrassing Pepsi had to apologise for it. Young people aren't stupid, they'll quickly see through that sort of nonsense, and as the article says it'll damage the brand.

https://soundapproach.co.uk/about/

Mark Constantine the CEO of Lush is a mad keen birder, so not really representative of your average businessperson.
Login to get fewer ads

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 20:51 - May 27 with 1090 viewsfactual_blue

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 20:09 - May 27 by Guthrum

Gah! Kids today, can't tell their Samuel Johnson from their elbow.

Next we'll have "woked" and then we're really in trouble.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 20:10]

Especially those who cook with a wok.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 21:05 - May 27 with 1066 viewsjeera

I was expecting woke washing to be some trendy new detergent.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 21:09 - May 27 with 1052 viewsfactual_blue

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 21:05 - May 27 by jeera

I was expecting woke washing to be some trendy new detergent.

All this stuff about woke
Is a bit of a joke.
Facters has spoke.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 21:23 - May 27 with 1030 viewsjeera

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 21:09 - May 27 by factual_blue

All this stuff about woke
Is a bit of a joke.
Facters has spoke.

Sort of a haiku
But it did not really work
I am a carrot

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 01:07 - May 28 with 922 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 06:42 - May 28 with 856 viewsHolyGoalie

I think this is the transition from the hard and fast rule the sex sells and we are moving toward appealing to ways the younger generation associate with life. Having grown up in the 80s I remember it was quite a rigid social set up where everything seemed to have an outright best way of doing things, but not now - so you see all of this kind of marketing pop up which I like for the most part.

However, I do despise the 'knowingly act dodgy now, apology later' culture you see everywhere, so I do like seeing it when brands who probably knowingly acted poorly (such as Pepsi) get damaged.

Ipswich by the grace of gloves

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 08:19 - May 28 with 762 viewsBrixtonBlue

This is such a good article even though it attacks my profession a fair bit on 01:07 - May 28 by BlueBadger

You always post this when I mention anything about advertising. We get it. We've seen it. Haha.

I supposed Bill Hicks never advertised any of his shows?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024