Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
He's not going to win this time around 20:36 - May 27 with 3142 viewsGlasgowBlue

But Rory Stewart will be Tory leader one day.

You won't get stuff like this from Boris.

I heard him described as being like Ruth Davidson, a Tory who appeals to everyone except Tories
[Post edited 27 May 2019 20:37]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

He's not going to win this time around on 20:37 - May 27 with 2351 viewsPinewoodblue

didn't think Ruth was popular with SNP

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

He's not going to win this time around on 20:45 - May 27 with 2320 viewsWD19

A very thoughtful and impressive guy.....but not suited to contemporary celebrity politics.....mores the pity. I have a lot of time for him.
He's not going to win this time around on 20:50 - May 27 with 2282 viewsgiant_stow

He's not going to win this time around on 20:45 - May 27 by WD19

A very thoughtful and impressive guy.....but not suited to contemporary celebrity politics.....mores the pity. I have a lot of time for him.

He's odd looking - just say it! Agree that he seems decent and intelligent.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

He's not going to win this time around on 20:53 - May 27 with 2271 viewsOldsmoker

He could well be the leader of New Conservatives but definitely not the Real Conservatives or the True Conservatives. Those latter 2 parties will be where all the nutters are. Splitters.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

He's not going to win this time around on 20:57 - May 27 with 2261 viewsGlasgowBlue

He's not going to win this time around on 20:50 - May 27 by giant_stow

He has a fantastic back story. Sadly his features and mannerisms make him look more suitable to be Doctor Who than Prime Minister.

Iron Lion Zion

He's not going to win this time around on 20:58 - May 27 with 2249 viewsSpruceMoose

He's not going to win this time around on 20:50 - May 27 by giant_stow

He's the Tory Ed Miliband.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

He's not going to win this time around on 21:08 - May 27 with 2200 viewsSpruceMoose

He's not going to win this time around on 20:57 - May 27 by GlasgowBlue

He has a fantastic back story. Sadly his features and mannerisms make him look more suitable to be Doctor Who than Prime Minister.

Like I said, the Tory Ed Miliband.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

He's not going to win this time around on 21:14 - May 27 with 2180 viewsm14_blue

He's not going to win this time around on 21:08 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

Like I said, the Tory Ed Miliband.

He’s got far more about him than Miliband.

Unfortunately, the Tory members will never select him and I can’t ever see him toeing the line behind a ‘no deal’ maniac like Raab. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him defect in those circumstances.

His constituency is not far from me and he seems like an altogether decent, intelligent and compassionate bloke.
Login to get fewer ads

He's not going to win this time around on 21:18 - May 27 with 2169 viewsStokieBlue

He's not going to win this time around on 20:58 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

He's the Tory Ed Miliband.

I'm not sure about that.

"In late 2005, at the request of the Prince of Wales and Hamid Karzai, President of Afghanistan,[16] he established, as Executive Chairman, the Turquoise Mountain Foundation, a human development NGO, in Afghanistan, and relocated to Kabul where he lived for the next three years restoring historic buildings in the old city of Kabul, managing its finances, installing water supply, electricity, and establishing a clinic, a school and an institute for traditional crafts.[4] Stewart was awarded the Royal Scottish Geographical Society's Livingstone medal in 2009 "in recognition of his work in Afghanistan and his travel writing, and for his distinguished contribution to geography".[17] Stewart stepped down as executive chairman of the Turquoise Mountain Foundation in May 2010."

You won't see Ed doing that. Might have a sandwich though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

He's not going to win this time around on 21:18 - May 27 with 2170 viewsSpruceMoose

He's not going to win this time around on 21:14 - May 27 by m14_blue

He’s got far more about him than Miliband.

Unfortunately, the Tory members will never select him and I can’t ever see him toeing the line behind a ‘no deal’ maniac like Raab. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him defect in those circumstances.

His constituency is not far from me and he seems like an altogether decent, intelligent and compassionate bloke.

Not judging from what I've seen of him talking about Brexit on live TV. Seems like he has that Miliband awkward floundering down to a tee.

I'm sure he's a decent, intelligent bloke. So was Miliband. That doesn't count for much in the age of Bantz and Rage sadly. That's especially sad when I think moderate Conservatism is crying out for someone to advocate its merits right now.

He's not going to win this time around on 21:21 - May 27 with 2155 viewsSpruceMoose

He's not going to win this time around on 21:18 - May 27 by StokieBlue

I'm not sure about that.

"In late 2005, at the request of the Prince of Wales and Hamid Karzai, President of Afghanistan,[16] he established, as Executive Chairman, the Turquoise Mountain Foundation, a human development NGO, in Afghanistan, and relocated to Kabul where he lived for the next three years restoring historic buildings in the old city of Kabul, managing its finances, installing water supply, electricity, and establishing a clinic, a school and an institute for traditional crafts.[4] Stewart was awarded the Royal Scottish Geographical Society's Livingstone medal in 2009 "in recognition of his work in Afghanistan and his travel writing, and for his distinguished contribution to geography".[17] Stewart stepped down as executive chairman of the Turquoise Mountain Foundation in May 2010."

You won't see Ed doing that. Might have a sandwich though.

SB

Admirable. I'm not sure that's the only way to judge somebody's merits though.

He's not going to win this time around on 21:25 - May 27 with 2142 viewsStokieBlue

He's not going to win this time around on 21:21 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

Admirable. I'm not sure that's the only way to judge somebody's merits though.

Agreed, however it certainly shows a compassionate and selfless side which is unusual in politicians from any side nowadays. It also means he has an understand of other cultures past his privileged Eton education.

So whilst he might be outwardly like Ed, I don't think he's anything like him in most ways.

He won't win though, possibly ever.

SB
[Post edited 27 May 2019 21:26]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

He's not going to win this time around on 21:33 - May 27 with 2098 viewsGuthrum

He's not going to win this time around on 21:18 - May 27 by SpruceMoose

Not judging from what I've seen of him talking about Brexit on live TV. Seems like he has that Miliband awkward floundering down to a tee.

I'm sure he's a decent, intelligent bloke. So was Miliband. That doesn't count for much in the age of Bantz and Rage sadly. That's especially sad when I think moderate Conservatism is crying out for someone to advocate its merits right now.

Spot on with the second paragraph.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

He's not going to win this time around on 21:40 - May 27 with 2080 viewsSpruceMoose

He's not going to win this time around on 21:25 - May 27 by StokieBlue

Agreed, however it certainly shows a compassionate and selfless side which is unusual in politicians from any side nowadays. It also means he has an understand of other cultures past his privileged Eton education.

So whilst he might be outwardly like Ed, I don't think he's anything like him in most ways.

He won't win though, possibly ever.

SB
[Post edited 27 May 2019 21:26]

I think, rather than the likes of JC claiming he wants to change politics and then doing nothing of the sort, that if people like Stewart and Miliband were backed in positions of power and not squashed under the media wheel for being a bit unconventional, politics in the UK would be far healthier and more well rounded.

He's not going to win this time around on 22:00 - May 27 with 2029 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I'm sure Boris can stage a spontaneous event too.....maybe even speak a little Latin or something!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

He's not going to win this time around on 22:53 - May 27 with 1950 viewstractordownsouth

I like Stewart. He’s far too sensible to win the leadership in this current Tory party.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

He's not going to win this time around on 23:43 - May 27 with 1890 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He's not going to win this time around on 22:00 - May 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

I'm sure Boris can stage a spontaneous event too.....maybe even speak a little Latin or something!

It did smack of a very staged situation didn't it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

He's not going to win this time around on 00:59 - May 28 with 1828 viewsBlueBadger

Sadly, I fear he'll turn out like David Cameron, ostensibly touchy-feely-nicey, and then carries on cutting and privatising whilst telling us why it's good for us. End of the day, if he really wants society to be better, more joined-up and more concerned with its fellow man why is he still hanging around with the Tory party?
[Post edited 28 May 2019 9:12]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

He's not going to win this time around on 01:03 - May 28 with 1809 viewsBlueBadger

As I said above, I fear he'll turn out to be another Cameron, ostensibly touchy-feely, speak well but stiill keen on cutting and privatising everything going.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

He's not going to win this time around on 01:49 - May 28 with 1777 viewsXYZ

At the risk of being accused of only posting late-night, pissed-up, posts …

Why wasn't Rory Stewart made Brexit minister two years ago? by XYZ 15 Dec 2018 20:58
A compelling interview and an impressive analysis of where we are …

Seems a bit of wasted tory talent as prisons minster.

https://youtu.be/c5meNt0NRYo

A man with some hinterland
He's not going to win this time around on 08:19 - May 28 with 1623 viewsitfcjoe

Reminds me of Ed Milliband in that respect

EDIT - I see this point has already been made....
[Post edited 28 May 2019 8:21]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

He's not going to win this time around on 08:24 - May 28 with 1602 viewsSonOfSpock

Just seen him interviewed on GMB this morning.

Must admit, I was impressed with him. As somebody else has said, being a bit quirky may not go in his favor but he did seem to have a plan of how he wants to proceed including a "peoples jury" to discuss Brexit.
He's not going to win this time around on 08:31 - May 28 with 1579 viewsGlasgowBlue

He's not going to win this time around on 22:53 - May 27 by tractordownsouth

I like Stewart. He’s far too sensible to win the leadership in this current Tory party.

Added to what Stokie posted:

He was appointed at the age of 26 as the British Representative to Montenegro in the wake of the Kosovo campaign

After the coalition invasion of Iraq, he became the Coalition Provisional Authority Deputy Governorate Co-Ordinator in Maysan and Deputy Governorate Co-ordinator/Senior Advisor in Dhi Qar in 2003, both of which are provinces in southern Iraq.His responsibilities included holding elections, resolving tribal disputes, and implementing development projects.He faced growing unrest and an incipient civil war from his base in a Civil-Military Co-operation (CIMIC) compound in Al Amarah, and in May 2004 was in command of his compound in Nasiriyah when it was besieged by Sadrist militia. He was awarded an OBE for his services during this period.

In late 2004, Stewart became a Fellow at the Carr Center for Human Rights Policy at Harvard University, and in July 2008, he was appointed Ryan Family Professor of Human Rights at Harvard University and Director of the John F. Kennedy School of Government Carr Center for Human Rights Policy.He taught classes on Intervention and on Human Rights to Masters Students at The Harvard Kennedy School.

His first book, The Places in Between, was an account of his 32-day solo walk across Afghanistan in early 2002.
[Post edited 28 May 2019 8:39]

Iron Lion Zion

He's not going to win this time around on 08:39 - May 28 with 1557 viewsChurchman

He's not going to win this time around on 08:24 - May 28 by SonOfSpock

Just seen him interviewed on GMB this morning.

Must admit, I was impressed with him. As somebody else has said, being a bit quirky may not go in his favor but he did seem to have a plan of how he wants to proceed including a "peoples jury" to discuss Brexit.

I’ve not seen him but from what’s been said here he sounds impressive. Who cares what he looks like? Sadly the media does. It’s how idiots get into power.

Talking of idiots, there was a bloke called Malthouse on bbc (housing minister). I couldn’t decide whether he was just plain stupid or your basic liar, as some of the stuff he was coming out with re Brexit was plain nonsense. As a minister he must have known it.
He's not going to win this time around on 08:41 - May 28 with 1553 viewsGlasgowBlue

He's not going to win this time around on 22:00 - May 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

The difference being that Boris learned Latin from books at school and uni whereas RS picked up his linguistic skills walking across Afghanistan on his own living with the tribespeople.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024