Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich 11:06 - May 29 with 5200 viewsGavTWTD

If you're needing to lose a few pounds then the new season of MAN v FAT Football Ipswich might be just what you're looking for.

MAN v FAT Football is quite unique. Every week you get weighed, then play a 30-minute friendly but competitive six-a-side match against players of varying sizes and abilities.

Then the scores are updated with your team's success on the scales. Goals are awarded for a weekly loss, consistent weight loss over three weeks, and hat-tricks awarded for five per cent and 10 per cent losses.

The Ipswich league is hosted at Portman Road on the practice pitch, and the coach is Tom Irving who is the performance nutritionist at ITFC.

TWTD's Gavin Wilding has been playing in his local league since August 2018 and has had considerable success: "I can't recommend MvF highly enough. I'm in my late 40s and hadn't kicked a ball since I was 16.

"I had no skill at all (and I mean none), did no exercise and I was 248lbs (112kg). I saw a feature on BBC's <i>The One Show</i> and thought I'd give it a try. To say I was nervous on registration night is an understatement.

"Fast forward to now, I've just started my third season after losing 46lbs (21kg) and I'm now 202lbs (92kg). I'm now captain of the team, have won two league titles, am holder of our last season’s trophy and my fellow team-mates recently awarded me man of the match for my Linighan-esque performance in a 5-0 win.

"I've recently been to the GP for a general check-up and, while thankfully I don't have a specific problem, all my blood tests have come back normal with improvements made across the board due to my weight loss."

He added: "The new friends I've made I hope are there for life. Our WhatsApp group is very busy and we run an additional weekly 60-minute five-a-side game, and the lads are often grouping up for park runs and bike rides. Our end of season night out was great and can't wait for the next one. We'll also be applying to play at the MCFC's Etihad Training Academy for MvF's national event in July.

"I'm not local to Ipswich, but Town fans have got it good. How I'd love to play behind the Co-op Stand and pick Tom Irving's brain about what happens at the club. I'm sure I could learn a few things too about my own diet from him.

"It costs £25 a month, but that does compare well to other schemes like Slimming World considering the cost of pitch hire and equipment. If you need to lose some weight, then I fully recommend giving it a try."

The next league starts 14th June at 7pm at Portman Road. Go to https://www.manvfatfootball.org/refercode/TWTD9680 for more details. Feel free to add comments below or on the forum and I'll answer any questions you may have.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 11:41 - May 29 with 5164 viewsBig_Jase

I would like to get involved, I think my BMI is just about high enough and having recently moved to Ipswich would be good to meet different people as well. How do they decide what team you are in?

Can you please send me a link to sign up

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 11:52 - May 29 with 5154 viewsJubba1975

Wasn't the registration on the 24th?
New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 11:55 - May 29 with 5151 viewsGavTWTD

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 11:52 - May 29 by Jubba1975

Wasn't the registration on the 24th?

No it's the 14th, I've been in touch with the organisers.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 11:58 - May 29 with 5150 viewsGavTWTD

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 11:41 - May 29 by Big_Jase

I would like to get involved, I think my BMI is just about high enough and having recently moved to Ipswich would be good to meet different people as well. How do they decide what team you are in?

Can you please send me a link to sign up

Sure, https://www.manvfatfootball.org/refercode/TWTD9680

You need a BMI of 27.5 or over to enter. Their calculation seems different to others, so check their site.

You get allocated a team. As it's been running a while, you'll be given a team that has the fewest numbers currently, or a mix of BMIs.

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 12:00 - May 29 with 5141 viewsgeg1992

I'm part of this at Ipswich. If anyone needs any information, please let me know!

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 12:06 - May 29 with 5126 viewsBig_Jase

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 11:58 - May 29 by GavTWTD

Sure, https://www.manvfatfootball.org/refercode/TWTD9680

You need a BMI of 27.5 or over to enter. Their calculation seems different to others, so check their site.

You get allocated a team. As it's been running a while, you'll be given a team that has the fewest numbers currently, or a mix of BMIs.

Signed up, I have BMI of 30.13 so made the cut!

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 13:21 - May 29 with 5082 viewsGavTWTD

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 12:06 - May 29 by Big_Jase

Signed up, I have BMI of 30.13 so made the cut!

"Congrats". I hope you achieve what you're looking for. What really helped me was my team. If you throw yourself into that side of it you'll have more success.

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 14:07 - May 29 with 5053 viewsGavTWTD

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 12:00 - May 29 by geg1992

I'm part of this at Ipswich. If anyone needs any information, please let me know!

Where do the weigh-ins take place geg1992? Is that where the registration evening will be held?

Login to get fewer ads

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 16:03 - May 29 with 5009 viewsgeg1992

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 14:07 - May 29 by GavTWTD

Where do the weigh-ins take place geg1992? Is that where the registration evening will be held?

The initial weigh ins on registration night are held in the Legends bar.

On match days they are held in portacabins next to the training pitch.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 15:08 - May 30 with 4810 viewstown8710

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 16:03 - May 29 by geg1992

The initial weigh ins on registration night are held in the Legends bar.

On match days they are held in portacabins next to the training pitch.

Anyone travel from Bury st edmunds to this looking to share a lift if poss
New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 15:47 - May 30 with 4797 viewsGavTWTD

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 15:08 - May 30 by town8710

I've asked Tom if he knows anyone coming from that area. I'll let you know.

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 15:48 - May 30 with 4792 viewstown8710

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 15:47 - May 30 by GavTWTD

I've asked Tom if he knows anyone coming from that area. I'll let you know.

Thanks Bud
New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 16:45 - May 30 with 4761 viewsfrankiecarbone

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 15:08 - May 30 by town8710

Pm’d You
New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 17:22 - May 30 with 4746 viewstown8710

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 16:45 - May 30 by frankiecarbone

Pm’d You

Replied bud
New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 12:05 - May 31 with 4573 viewsGavTWTD

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 17:22 - May 30 by town8710

Replied bud

Tom has asked on the group chat if anyone is also driving from Bury so maybe you'll be able to have a car full.

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 22:02 - May 31 with 4475 viewsFarmerpiles

Just signed up. Haven't kicked a ball properly since school days nearly 40yrs(!) ago. What have I got to lose? Hopefully alot of lbs!
New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 14:14 - Jun 2 with 4180 viewstown8710

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 16:45 - May 30 by frankiecarbone

Pm’d You

All signed but not sure what we do now is it just turn up on the 14th ?
New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 10:44 - Jun 3 with 4075 viewsGavTWTD

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 14:14 - Jun 2 by town8710

All signed but not sure what we do now is it just turn up on the 14th ?

Yes, I doubt there will be any more contact so just turn up on the 14th. If you need to contact Tom, he's the coach tomirvingnutrition@outlook.com
or you can post here and we'll do our best to answer any questions.

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 15:45 - Jun 9 with 3568 viewstown8710

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 10:44 - Jun 3 by GavTWTD

Yes, I doubt there will be any more contact so just turn up on the 14th. If you need to contact Tom, he's the coach tomirvingnutrition@outlook.com
or you can post here and we'll do our best to answer any questions.

Is it pay as you go each week ? Or direct debit ?
New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 09:39 - Jun 10 with 3492 viewsGavTWTD

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 15:45 - Jun 9 by town8710

Is it pay as you go each week ? Or direct debit ?

It's direct debit.

New MAN v FAT Football Season Starting 14th June in Ipswich on 10:08 - Jun 18 with 2859 viewsGavTWTD

How did it go last week chaps? Any good? I'll remove the sticky, but would like progress reports if you're up for it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024