Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Conn on Bury's financial woes 11:32 - May 29 with 666 viewsSteve_M

It's both good and frustrating.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/29/bury-financial-crisis-loan-form

All in the same week Sky have been wan king themselves silly about how much Villa will 'earn' from promotion.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

David Conn on Bury's financial woes on 11:34 - May 29 with 654 viewshomer_123

Isn't football basically a microcosm of what is happening in the UK and Worldwide more generally?

Basically, the gap between the have and have nots continues to grow - and we allow it to happen.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

David Conn on Bury's financial woes on 11:42 - May 29 with 627 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I wish someone would do an analysis of what promotion is actually worth in terms of profits.

Yes, its far better financially to be in the Prem (depending on how the club is managed), but they talk as if its £170m of clear profit.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

David Conn on Bury's financial woes on 11:43 - May 29 with 622 viewshomer_123

David Conn on Bury's financial woes on 11:42 - May 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

I wish someone would do an analysis of what promotion is actually worth in terms of profits.

Yes, its far better financially to be in the Prem (depending on how the club is managed), but they talk as if its £170m of clear profit.

'Profits'.

This maybe your point MM but so few Clubs actually make a profit.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

David Conn on Bury's financial woes on 11:54 - May 29 with 590 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

David Conn on Bury's financial woes on 11:43 - May 29 by homer_123

'Profits'.

That was my point, although I think that is changing with the new income levels.

Burnley for example make a decent profit.
[Post edited 29 May 2019 11:55]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

David Conn on Bury's financial woes on 11:54 - May 29 with 589 viewsbrazil1982

David Conn on Bury's financial woes on 11:43 - May 29 by homer_123

'Profits'.

It does amuse me when Ashley gets abused for not spending money (he quite clearly is) and returns a profit at a football club. Isn't that just good financial management?
It's ridiculous so many clubs are in debt with that amount of money flying around.
David Conn on Bury's financial woes on 11:55 - May 29 with 586 viewsSteve_M

David Conn on Bury's financial woes on 11:42 - May 29 by Marshalls_Mullet

Well, quite.

It's telling though that with the latest TV deal that some clubs are making a profit whilst being relatively stable in the Premier League. Obviously most of them are still only one season from relegation and it all going wring.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

David Conn on Bury's financial woes on 13:48 - May 29 with 450 viewsGeoffSentence

I wonder how the league would handle things if Bury did get wound up.

Would Mansfield get promoted as the next highest team, even though they failed in the play offs. Or Newport as the losing play-off finalists.

And what about poor old Colchester, one minute away from a play-off place, when, if Bury do get wound up ,maybe they should have had a shot at it all along.

What a mess.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024