Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently 14:04 - May 30 with 4400 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

He's said to be Villa's top transfer target and Bournemouth are willing to let him leave.

However, various Premier League clubs (according to Sky) are after him. West Ham and Southampton as well apparently.

Can only push the price up and Bournemouth certainly won't be selling him for a loss!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 14:29 - May 30 with 4222 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

£15m has been mentioned.

....which seems absolutely bonkers, but then Premier League transfer fees are bonkers.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 14:32 - May 30 with 4219 viewsSomethingBlue

Do we know we have a sell-on? If we could squeeze £2m out of the Mings and Clarke sales, or thereabouts, it would make such a big difference to us.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 14:36 - May 30 with 4181 viewsMullet

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 14:32 - May 30 by SomethingBlue

Do we know we have a sell-on? If we could squeeze £2m out of the Mings and Clarke sales, or thereabouts, it would make such a big difference to us.

We will do, but his deal was heavily add-ons based so will it be a % of the total deal for £8m or the £3-4m he moved for?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 14:40 - May 30 with 4145 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 14:36 - May 30 by Mullet

We will do, but his deal was heavily add-ons based so will it be a % of the total deal for £8m or the £3-4m he moved for?

Good point.

I guess it could be somewhere in between. Some of the thresholds will have been met, with top up's paid, but some will have bee missed.

...so it could end up being say 20% of profit over and above whatever Bournemouth have paid out to date.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 14:44 - May 30 with 4110 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 14:32 - May 30 by SomethingBlue

If the standard sell on fee is 20% of profit, you could see us making £1m out of Clarke and £1-2m out of Mings.

So thats potentially £2-3m in the bank without selling any current players.

Potentially £1m for Bart? ...who has been replaced.

The club could potentially claw back £4m in total for those 3 transactions, which would relieve some pressure.

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 14:53 - May 30 with 4040 viewsJ2BLUE

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 14:36 - May 30 by Mullet

I think it's total fee. I'm sure we had a situation where we got a top up and had to send a portion to another club?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 14:54 - May 30 with 4027 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 14:29 - May 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

£15m has been mentioned.

....which seems absolutely bonkers, but then Premier League transfer fees are bonkers.

If you look at transfer fees at the top end of the Championship (where he has already proved himself this season) and the mid-lower Premier League (where he will be playing next season and has a lot of potential), I would suggest the £15M is value without any bidding war.

We will see. Again, how much of these quoted fees are add-ons which we wouldn't receive anything for initially?
[Post edited 30 May 2019 14:55]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 15:29 - May 30 with 3867 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 14:53 - May 30 by J2BLUE

I think it's total fee. I'm sure we had a situation where we got a top up and had to send a portion to another club?

I doubt it will be profit over and above £8m, if £8m hasnt been paid.

Login to get fewer ads

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 15:31 - May 30 with 3854 viewsHerbivore

Pretty sure we got £8m up front for him. The Cresswell and Webster deals were closer to the structure you've suggested, but I'm sure I recall Bournemouth agreeing to a big up front fee at the time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 15:38 - May 30 with 3834 viewsKieran_Knows

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 15:31 - May 30 by Herbivore

Pretty sure we got £8m up front for him. The Cresswell and Webster deals were closer to the structure you've suggested, but I'm sure I recall Bournemouth agreeing to a big up front fee at the time.

Taken from the EADT article at the time...

'he has joined a top-flight club in a deal which could end up being worth as much as £10m.

The initial fee paid by the south coast club is £8m and, contrary to earlier reports, Town will receive the bulk of that up front.'

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/emotional-tyrone-mings-tells-ipswich-town-fans-than

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 15:41 - May 30 with 3803 viewsSwansea_Blue

Talking of sell-ons, I saw that Batistuta and Shefki have been linked to the Swans job down here. I wonder how much of a sell on we'd get for either of those?!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 15:43 - May 30 with 3785 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 15:38 - May 30 by Kieran_Knows

Taken from the EADT article at the time...

'he has joined a top-flight club in a deal which could end up being worth as much as £10m.

The initial fee paid by the south coast club is £8m and, contrary to earlier reports, Town will receive the bulk of that up front.'

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/emotional-tyrone-mings-tells-ipswich-town-fans-than

Ooooh, nice deal.

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 15:55 - May 30 with 3712 viewsDanTheMan

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 15:41 - May 30 by Swansea_Blue

Talking of sell-ons, I saw that Batistuta and Shefki have been linked to the Swans job down here. I wonder how much of a sell on we'd get for either of those?!

I've crunched the numbers and we can expect at least eight trillion quid.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 19:52 - May 30 with 3215 viewsflimflam

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 14:44 - May 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

If the standard sell on fee is 20% of profit, you could see us making £1m out of Clarke and £1-2m out of Mings.

The club could potentially claw back £4m in total for those 3 transactions, which would relieve some pressure.

Plus half a million for the academy lad wanted by Celtic if he goes.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 20:03 - May 30 with 3184 viewsPhilTWTD

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 14:44 - May 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's more likely to be 10 per cent I would have thought, most tend to be. I remember asking at the time and having it confirmed that there is a sell-on.

Mings £8m Exit and Fraser Loan Confirmed 26th Jun 2015 16:03
Town and AFC Bournemouth have confirmed that Blues left-back Tyrone Mings has joined the Cherries in a deal worth an initial £8 million - potentially rising to £10 million - with winger Ryan Fraser moving in the opposite direction on a season-long loan. Mings, 22, has signed a four-year contract at Dean Court. 54

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 20:05 - May 30 with 3171 viewsPhilTWTD

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 19:52 - May 30 by flimflam

Plus half a million for the academy lad wanted by Celtic if he goes.

If he goes to Celtic it'll be for a lot less than the £500,000 I would expect as the FIFA formula would mean it would be a couple of hundred thousand I think. All will depend on where he wants to go. Of course, if I were his agent, I'd be spreading scare stories about clubs from foreign associations being after him so as to persuade Town to come to an agreement with an English club instead.
Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 21:27 - May 30 with 2954 viewsThe_Last_Baron

It'll be for whatever we received in total. I doubt we got the full £8million as he hardly played for Bournemouth.

He looked good for Villa but I'm not sure he's actually a Premier League defender.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 22:27 - May 30 with 2805 viewsstrikalite

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 20:05 - May 30 by PhilTWTD

If he goes to Celtic it'll be for a lot less than the £500,000 I would expect as the FIFA formula would mean it would be a couple of hundred thousand I think. All will depend on where he wants to go. Of course, if I were his agent, I'd be spreading scare stories about clubs from foreign associations being after him so as to persuade Town to come to an agreement with an English club instead.

I hope we'll have a 20% sell on clause for him too...
Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 10:56 - May 31 with 2482 viewsHeathlander

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 21:27 - May 30 by The_Last_Baron

It'll be for whatever we received in total. I doubt we got the full £8million as he hardly played for Bournemouth.

He looked good for Villa but I'm not sure he's actually a Premier League defender.

He really is a premier league quality defender. I predict he will be in the England squad next season if he can stay free from injury. Mark my words.
Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 11:18 - May 31 with 2429 viewsElderGrizzly

I thought i read from Phil we got the £8m up front?
Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 11:26 - May 31 with 2406 viewsflimflam

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 11:18 - May 31 by ElderGrizzly

8 million up front rising to 10 so we should get 20% of anything north of 8 / 10 and can see him going for 20 quite easily.

Nice potential 2 million pay out :-) Cheers MM

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 11:44 - May 31 with 2349 viewsPinewoodblue

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 11:18 - May 31 by ElderGrizzly

most of the £8m any installments would also have been paid by now so think we can safely assume we have already had the full £8m but doubt we have any add ons as he hasn't played much.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 10:58 - Jun 1 with 2071 viewsbritbiker

Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 14:29 - May 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

£15m has been mentioned.

Listening to radio pundits talking about Arsenal rebuild but only having £45 million to spend (poor souls). Apparently they need a Toure type leader. Maddison was mentioned but apparently he would be worth 60 million now!.
Cant see either that figure or stating him as a midfield general as being true. Could you imagine maddison in your face telling you to pull your finger out. I think I would deck him.
Bournemouth expect a bidding war for Mings apparently on 11:10 - Jun 1 with 2047 viewsxrayspecs

That will go towards bridging the £15m gap between our income next season and what we spent this year.

ME has been providing around £6m per season in loans and we are expected to lose around £9m in commercial income following relegation. Lower season/matchday ticket prices do not help our finances either unless we can compensate with higher average attendances. That will be difficult as few of the clubs in our division will travel in the numbers that you see in the Champ.

So £1-2m in add-ons from Clarke and Mings (10% sell on fee according to Phil). We have released 9 senior players plus do not have the loan fees/wages of the players we borrowed last season. Plus the seniors taking pay cuts. Plus likely redundancies at the club.

Suspect we still need to find more savings to balance the books.

On a related note any monies that ME loans the club can not be included in the FFP formula which determines how much we can spend on player wages next season.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 11:13]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024