Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that was comprehensive from England! 17:43 - May 30 with 1005 viewsvilanovablue

A great way to start the cricket World Cup. Archer looks worthy of his inclusion after all the fuss. Even though none of our batsman took there chances to get ton there was plenty of solid scoring. The wicket didn't seem to play the way it looked but it made for a competitive game between bat and ball. I feel its worth adding that England's fielding looked in a good place today.
[Post edited 30 May 2019 18:01]
Well that was comprehensive from England! on 17:46 - May 30 with 995 viewschristiand

That wasn’t an easy opener by any means, but England looked the real deal. If they continue to play like this, they’re going to be tough to stop.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Well that was comprehensive from England! on 18:10 - May 30 with 962 viewswellsy700

Very impressive performance! Especially when you consider Buttler and Bairstow didn’t get runs, who have been two of our in form batsmen

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

Well that was comprehensive from England! on 18:20 - May 30 with 951 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Well that was comprehensive from England! on 18:10 - May 30 by wellsy700

Very impressive performance! Especially when you consider Buttler and Bairstow didn’t get runs, who have been two of our in form batsmen

I think the key thing is if one batsman doesn't fire there are plenty of others who are likely to. Most are on good form too.

On top of that we have a very good bowling line up and every player is excellent in the field. That last part may well be the ultimate difference.

We look a very well balanced team.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Well that was comprehensive from England! on 20:46 - May 30 with 879 viewsSonOfSpock

Well that was comprehensive from England! on 18:20 - May 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think the key thing is if one batsman doesn't fire there are plenty of others who are likely to. Most are on good form too.

On top of that we have a very good bowling line up and every player is excellent in the field. That last part may well be the ultimate difference.

We look a very well balanced team.

My only worry in the field is Rashid, but, he has the uncanny knack of picking up wickets with some complete pies so they cancel each other out.
Well that was comprehensive from England! on 21:17 - May 30 with 862 viewsvilanovablue

Well that was comprehensive from England! on 18:10 - May 30 by wellsy700

It just felt very controlled, I'll admit I was disappointed by only 300 which is just weird. But so much too like, Rashid is a great option even with his slightly iffy fielding.
Well that was comprehensive from England! on 21:21 - May 30 with 858 viewsCoastalblue

Archer could be a god send to the England side in the longer format, he genuinely looks capable of being one of the best in the world and comes along at the time when one of the best in the world must be getting closer to ending his International career.

Anderson will leave a massive hole in the side when he calls it quits, Archer may well soften that blow quite a bit.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Well that was comprehensive from England! on 21:34 - May 30 with 851 viewsvilanovablue

Well that was comprehensive from England! on 21:21 - May 30 by Coastalblue

Archer could be a god send to the England side in the longer format, he genuinely looks capable of being one of the best in the world and comes along at the time when one of the best in the world must be getting closer to ending his International career.

Anderson will leave a massive hole in the side when he calls it quits, Archer may well soften that blow quite a bit.

More importantly Archer I think can bowl on pretty much any surface with that action. I mentioned Holding earlier but meant Malcolm Marshall a tiny run up and genuinely terrifying pace.
Well that was comprehensive from England! on 21:51 - May 30 with 829 viewsCoastalblue

Well that was comprehensive from England! on 21:34 - May 30 by vilanovablue

More importantly Archer I think can bowl on pretty much any surface with that action. I mentioned Holding earlier but meant Malcolm Marshall a tiny run up and genuinely terrifying pace.

Agree, when I saw him open the bowling at the Oval ODI I was amazed at how little effort he seems to put in to a 90mph delivery, hopefully longer term this will help him avoid some fitness issues.

I can't say I watch a huge amount of cricket live but he was the most impressive young bowler I've seen in years.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Well that was comprehensive from England! on 21:59 - May 30 with 813 viewsMelford

That England team over the last couple of years came into this rightly as favourites, getting Archer in is the icing on the cake.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Well that was comprehensive from England! on 22:20 - May 30 with 796 viewsvilanovablue

Well that was comprehensive from England! on 21:59 - May 30 by Melford

That England team over the last couple of years came into this rightly as favourites, getting Archer in is the icing on the cake.

Some icing though!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024