Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party 11:17 - May 31 with 19660 viewsElderGrizzly

I wonder how quickly a member of the NEC is expelled vs someone voting Lib Dem is?
Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 11:25 - May 31 with 4937 viewslowhouseblue

this guy has been at it for years. the failure to take action is one of the many many reasons the party is being investigated by the ehrc.

someone will be along in a minute to say that it's all fine ...

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 11:29 - May 31 with 4921 viewsStokieBlue

Does he have any evidence?

On the expulsion point I see Campbell is already all over the media. It was perhaps not wise to expel the apex spindoctor and expect him to take it lying down.

SB
[Post edited 31 May 2019 11:31]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 11:35 - May 31 with 4903 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I'm not a Labour fan.

But I hate the playground politics that goes on on Twitter.

Very immature.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 11:41 - May 31 with 4877 viewsfactual_blue

In the interests of 'balance'

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/may/30/tories-under-pressure-to-suspend-co

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 11:53 - May 31 with 4846 viewsDarth_Koont

That's pretty accurate though.

Pronouns: He/Him

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 11:58 - May 31 with 4825 viewslowhouseblue

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 11:53 - May 31 by Darth_Koont

That's pretty accurate though.

you're replying to a post which references a claim about british rabbis acting on behalf of the Israeli embassy.

when you say it's 'pretty accurate' do you mean that 68 british rabbis have been acting on behalf of the Israeli embassy?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 11:59 - May 31 with 4815 viewsWD19

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 11:29 - May 31 by StokieBlue

Does he have any evidence?

On the expulsion point I see Campbell is already all over the media. It was perhaps not wise to expel the apex spindoctor and expect him to take it lying down.

SB
[Post edited 31 May 2019 11:31]

It was extremely wise, because there was all manner of dirt relating to this ongoing topic breaking the very same day. As it was all the news wanted to talk about was Campbell instead.

......and they will let him back in at some stage.
Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:01 - May 31 with 4805 viewsElderGrizzly

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 11:35 - May 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm not a Labour fan.

But I hate the playground politics that goes on on Twitter.

Very immature.

I don’t believe anti-semitism is playground politics?

This is recorded evidence of him saying it and within minutes, one of the Rabbis saying it is nonsense the embassy was involved

[Post edited 31 May 2019 12:02]
Login to get fewer ads

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:02 - May 31 with 4793 viewsfactual_blue

And in the further interests of 'balance'

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-47686844

(The Cyril Smith stuff would be a bit below the belt, so I won't mention it).

I also looked for abuse stories about the brexit party, ukip and tommy yakult-robinson, but there's too much to choose from.

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:03 - May 31 with 4785 viewsElderGrizzly

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 11:58 - May 31 by lowhouseblue

you're replying to a post which references a claim about british rabbis acting on behalf of the Israeli embassy.

when you say it's 'pretty accurate' do you mean that 68 british rabbis have been acting on behalf of the Israeli embassy?

Especially when one of the rabbis has said he is lying.

Willsman is leading Labour’s response to the EHRC allegations too. That will go well...
[Post edited 31 May 2019 12:04]
Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:04 - May 31 with 4777 viewsDarth_Koont

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 11:58 - May 31 by lowhouseblue

That part I don't know about or what Willsman's evidence is for that but it fits how the Israeli embassy work.

However inconvenient it may be, the involvement of the Israeli embassy and the pro-Israel lobbyists is all out there if you weren't wilfully pretending that side of the story doesn't exist.

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:04 - May 31 with 4770 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:01 - May 31 by ElderGrizzly

This is recorded evidence of him saying it and within minutes, one of the Rabbis saying it is nonsense the embassy was involved

Didnt say anti-semitism was playground politics...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:07 - May 31 with 4748 viewslowhouseblue

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:03 - May 31 by ElderGrizzly

Especially when one of the rabbis has said he is lying.

Willsman is leading Labour’s response to the EHRC allegations too. That will go well...
[Post edited 31 May 2019 12:04]

quite.

and since any definition of anti-semitism must include claiming that jewish citizens are loyal to israel i'm looking forward to dk's explanation of how the original claim is 'pretty accurate'.

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:07 - May 31 with 4743 viewsfactual_blue

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:01 - May 31 by ElderGrizzly

Although on a scale of 1-10, with the Holocaust at ten, and the murder of WIlliam of Norwich in 1144 at (say) seven, all this rates at about minus one.

#perspective.

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:09 - May 31 with 4739 viewslowhouseblue

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:04 - May 31 by Darth_Koont

That part I don't know about or what Willsman's evidence is for that but it fits how the Israeli embassy work.

However inconvenient it may be, the involvement of the Israeli embassy and the pro-Israel lobbyists is all out there if you weren't wilfully pretending that side of the story doesn't exist.

when you say it's 'pretty accurate' did you mean that 68 british rabbis have been acting on behalf of the Israeli embassy? because that's what the thing you described as 'pretty accurate' said.

answer the direct question or let everyone form their own view a to why you're avoiding it.

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:16 - May 31 with 4705 viewsDarth_Koont

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:09 - May 31 by lowhouseblue

when you say it's 'pretty accurate' did you mean that 68 british rabbis have been acting on behalf of the Israeli embassy? because that's what the thing you described as 'pretty accurate' said.

answer the direct question or let everyone form their own view a to why you're avoiding it.

I just answered that in the post you've just replied to.

I worry about you sometimes.

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:26 - May 31 with 4678 viewsDarth_Koont

Just to give this context, this isn't even about Corbyn. Here's Oborne who did the Despatches documentary talking about this MO back in 2009. That was even before the propaganda offensive really kicked off over Gaza in 2014 and then when Corbyn came in as the number one target.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/pro-israel-lobby-in-britain-ful

Does the inability to address this ring any bells today?

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:51 - May 31 with 4592 viewsDarth_Koont

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:26 - May 31 by Darth_Koont

Just to give this context, this isn't even about Corbyn. Here's Oborne who did the Despatches documentary talking about this MO back in 2009. That was even before the propaganda offensive really kicked off over Gaza in 2014 and then when Corbyn came in as the number one target.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/pro-israel-lobby-in-britain-ful

Does the inability to address this ring any bells today?

So we're back to this again?

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 13:44 - May 31 with 4497 viewsphillymark

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 12:07 - May 31 by factual_blue

Although on a scale of 1-10, with the Holocaust at ten, and the murder of WIlliam of Norwich in 1144 at (say) seven, all this rates at about minus one.

#perspective.

So...your point is we shouldn't worry about this antisemitism because it doesn't involve gas chambers or massacres and expulsions. thanks for being the arbiter on this. Will you let the Jews know when something is serious enough for them to worry about? Cheers!
Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 13:44 - May 31 with 4492 viewsStokieBlue

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 11:59 - May 31 by WD19

It was extremely wise, because there was all manner of dirt relating to this ongoing topic breaking the very same day. As it was all the news wanted to talk about was Campbell instead.

......and they will let him back in at some stage.

Might be too late by then, he's getting his punches in now:

“Jeremy Corbyn needs to decide: is he going to listen to the many — the public, the members, the MPs — or listen to the few — Seamus Milne, Karie Murphy, Len McCluskey and Andrew Murray?” he said, naming key advisers to the Labour leader, and the general secretary of the Unite union."

Apparently 41% of members voted for a different party. The number was even higher for the Tories (67%).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 13:48 - May 31 with 4471 viewsSpruceMoose

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 13:44 - May 31 by StokieBlue

Might be too late by then, he's getting his punches in now:

“Jeremy Corbyn needs to decide: is he going to listen to the many — the public, the members, the MPs — or listen to the few — Seamus Milne, Karie Murphy, Len McCluskey and Andrew Murray?” he said, naming key advisers to the Labour leader, and the general secretary of the Unite union."

Apparently 41% of members voted for a different party. The number was even higher for the Tories (67%).

SB

I would consider myself a Labour voter, not a member, but have a long history of aligning with the party.

I don't like where Corbyn has taken the party, and his playing both sides act over Brexit means I can no longer vote that way.

I can't be the only Labour supporter who feels that way. The Greens and Lib Dems look far more honest and far more like an opposition right now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 13:59 - May 31 with 4467 viewsDarth_Koont

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 13:44 - May 31 by phillymark

So...your point is we shouldn't worry about this antisemitism because it doesn't involve gas chambers or massacres and expulsions. thanks for being the arbiter on this. Will you let the Jews know when something is serious enough for them to worry about? Cheers!

There are people who would argue that there's a lot of fear-mongering around the world, not just in the UK, to rally support around Israel and Netanyahu's more far-right and racist policies.

Policies that have seen Israel put up with the Jew-hate of Orban's Hungary and many Trump supporters as well as get cosy with our own racist elements like Tommy Robinson.

If Diaspora Jews are concerned about rising antisemitism and other forms of racism why aren't they tackling the Israeli government on this? Some are but it seems many are looking elsewhere instead to defend and smear legitimate criticism of Israel.

I'm sure we both agree that antisemitism is totally reprehensible. But I'd be interested in how you square the circle on that.

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 14:14 - May 31 with 4401 viewsBluesquid

I wonder what someone would have been labelled if they had suggested that a diplomat from the embassy had been plotting against MPs and attempting to influence the Labour party?

Just as well it was caught on camera then...

"And now i've got the money so from [redacted]"

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 14:17 - May 31 with 4390 viewsGlasgowBlue

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 13:59 - May 31 by Darth_Koont

There are people who would argue that there's a lot of fear-mongering around the world, not just in the UK, to rally support around Israel and Netanyahu's more far-right and racist policies.

Policies that have seen Israel put up with the Jew-hate of Orban's Hungary and many Trump supporters as well as get cosy with our own racist elements like Tommy Robinson.

If Diaspora Jews are concerned about rising antisemitism and other forms of racism why aren't they tackling the Israeli government on this? Some are but it seems many are looking elsewhere instead to defend and smear legitimate criticism of Israel.

I'm sure we both agree that antisemitism is totally reprehensible. But I'd be interested in how you square the circle on that.

Jesus HChrist. If non Israeli Jews are worried about antisemitism they should put pressure on the Israeli government. Are you fcukin serious?

Imagine if somebody said that British Muslims are worried about the rise of Islamophobia they should put pressure on Iran or Saudis Arabia?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 14:23 - May 31 with 4373 viewsDarth_Koont

Another day, a little bit more anti-semitism in the Labour party on 14:14 - May 31 by Bluesquid

I wonder what someone would have been labelled if they had suggested that a diplomat from the embassy had been plotting against MPs and attempting to influence the Labour party?

Just as well it was caught on camera then...

"And now i've got the money so from [redacted]"

A lot of people are pretending none of this exists. It's pretty shameful and intellectually dishonest but as long as they can ignore it then they can smear those who talk about it as conspiracy theorists who are trotting out an old antisemitic trope about Jewish control. Or some such nonsense

Of course, I don't think it's a Jewish plot, it's classic politics and self-interest like any other foreign country or lobbyists would do. But a little transparency and honesty would help when others legitimately point this out.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 14:32]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024