Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood confirmation? 22:10 - May 31 with 7733 viewsMullet

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Norwood confirmation? on 22:42 - May 31 with 6090 viewsCoco

And who is this wet blanket?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Norwood confirmation? on 22:53 - May 31 with 6013 viewsGerkensBeard

Coming from tranmere end are claiming he’ll be earning 8K a week
Norwood confirmation? on 22:53 - May 31 with 6002 viewsSuperblue95

“Champ clubs priced out of the deal”

Excellent work Mr. Phillips

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Norwood confirmation? on 23:14 - May 31 with 5827 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Norwood confirmation? on 22:53 - May 31 by Superblue95

This!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Norwood confirmation? on 23:34 - May 31 with 5715 viewsArnieM

Norwood confirmation? on 22:53 - May 31 by GerkensBeard

... and why not ? A good striker is worth the money and something Town haven’t had for a while .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Norwood confirmation? on 23:59 - May 31 with 5628 viewsMrTown

Norwood confirmation? on 22:53 - May 31 by Superblue95

I was told that he priced himself out of Championship clubs.

Was asking around 10k and the Championship club said no.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 23:59]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Norwood confirmation? on 00:00 - Jun 1 with 5605 viewsMrTown

Was on 4K at Tranmere, wouldn’t be surprised to see 7/8k been the figure. Rolling the dice maybe a bit extreme, decent bucks though.l and Bart/Harrison moving would be no surprise.

His tweet seems logical to be fair.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Norwood confirmation? on 06:05 - Jun 1 with 5300 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Norwood confirmation? on 00:00 - Jun 1 by MrTown

Was on 4K at Tranmere, wouldn’t be surprised to see 7/8k been the figure. Rolling the dice maybe a bit extreme, decent bucks though.l and Bart/Harrison moving would be no surprise.

No he wasn’t. He was on a contract negotiated in the conference.

Tranmere fans are all agreed he was on around £1.5k. He’s let his contract run down and we are paying him £5k I’d imagine.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood confirmation? on 06:50 - Jun 1 with 5175 viewsKeaneish

Norwood confirmation? on 06:05 - Jun 1 by WarkTheWarkITFC

No he wasn’t. He was on a contract negotiated in the conference.

Tranmere fans are all agreed he was on around £1.5k. He’s let his contract run down and we are paying him £5k I’d imagine.

Judging by the background shots of his villa in Magaluf, I’d make £1.5k a week more likely!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Norwood confirmation? on 08:42 - Jun 1 with 4703 viewsagentp

His tweet looks like he has been reading Phil's articles and copied them - albeit two weeks later.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Norwood confirmation? on 08:43 - Jun 1 with 4710 viewsSuffolktrfc

I'm a tranmere fan, we simply don't have the funds to pay him anywhere near 4k a week, even now we are in league one. When he signed the contract we was in the conference. He will be one of our highest paid players yes, but only on around 1.5k a week.
I wish him all the best at Ipswich, but don't expect him to be your savour, last season was the highest level he has ever played so if he going up another division with a club expected to go straight back up, don't be surprised if the goals stop flowing. Happens so many times with players coming up the divisions
Norwood confirmation? on 08:54 - Jun 1 with 4645 viewsSwansea_Blue

Norwood confirmation? on 08:43 - Jun 1 by Suffolktrfc

I'm a tranmere fan, we simply don't have the funds to pay him anywhere near 4k a week, even now we are in league one. When he signed the contract we was in the conference. He will be one of our highest paid players yes, but only on around 1.5k a week.
I wish him all the best at Ipswich, but don't expect him to be your savour, last season was the highest level he has ever played so if he going up another division with a club expected to go straight back up, don't be surprised if the goals stop flowing. Happens so many times with players coming up the divisions

If any set of fans should be cautious about the ability of players to step up, it should be us after last season. Strangely that doesn't seem the case and I fear your chap will be under pressure to replicate last season. Assuming he does come.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Norwood confirmation? on 08:57 - Jun 1 with 4629 viewsPJH

Thank you for posting this it all seems very sensible to me.
All I have seen of Norwood was the three games on SKY in the playoffs and he looked pretty impressive but in fact only scored one goal out of about twelve chances that he had over the three games so maybe he had about 360 chances over the season to get his 32 goals.
My thoughts about him purely based on those three games are that maybe he will seriously boost our goalscoring (which very much needs boosting)and help us get back up but based on the players that we signed a year ago I am not sure how much use he would be to us if and when we are back in The Championship.

edit-sorry, forgot to wish Tramnere luck for next season.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2019 8:58]
Norwood confirmation? on 09:02 - Jun 1 with 4608 viewsSuffolktrfc

Norwood confirmation? on 08:54 - Jun 1 by Swansea_Blue

If any set of fans should be cautious about the ability of players to step up, it should be us after last season. Strangely that doesn't seem the case and I fear your chap will be under pressure to replicate last season. Assuming he does come.

For him, that's what I'm worried about. He is loved here at tranmere but when he leaves we all no he is leaving because he has to really. Played his entire career in none league football pretty much so at the age of 28, you've got your last chance to get your last and by far biggest contract he has to take the offer. I just hope the pressure don't get to him. Also last season we weren't seen as title contenders as was our first season back in the football league so teams attacked us leaving space in behind. Mist teams playing Ipswich this season will sit back so will be much harder for him to find space
Norwood confirmation? on 09:03 - Jun 1 with 4593 viewsStokieBlue

Not unreasonable or unlikely given we need a striker and Bart will be leaving.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Norwood confirmation? on 09:36 - Jun 1 with 4427 viewsJohnny_Boy

I do think he'll get plenty of crosses on a plate for him. Also, from what I saw of him in the play-offs, he's not afraid to vocally kick his team-mates up the arse when needed.
Norwood confirmation? on 10:15 - Jun 1 with 4257 viewsGarv

Norwood confirmation? on 09:36 - Jun 1 by Johnny_Boy

I do think he'll get plenty of crosses on a plate for him. Also, from what I saw of him in the play-offs, he's not afraid to vocally kick his team-mates up the arse when needed.

I do like the idea of him and Judge barking at team mates, in a Magilton kind of way.

Judge was quite like this at Norwich last season, demanding more from everyone else.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwood confirmation? on 10:22 - Jun 1 with 4223 viewsJohnny_Boy

Norwood confirmation? on 10:15 - Jun 1 by Garv

I do like the idea of him and Judge barking at team mates, in a Magilton kind of way.

Judge was quite like this at Norwich last season, demanding more from everyone else.

Leaders on the pitch. Surely only a good thing after a painfully rudderless 18/19 campaign.
Norwood confirmation? on 10:25 - Jun 1 with 4209 viewsGarv

Norwood confirmation? on 10:22 - Jun 1 by Johnny_Boy

Leaders on the pitch. Surely only a good thing after a painfully rudderless 18/19 campaign.

Lack of them has been clear.

Chambers would be the one but when he's having poor games he probably hasn't as much clout as you'd expect. Skuse doesn't seem overly vocal, ditto Bart.

Norwood confirmation? on 10:28 - Jun 1 with 4185 viewsWhymarkmariner

With most of the loan players returning to their clubs and one's not having clubs also going, added to this contracts that were not renewed the club must have saved 50-60k a week. If Bart goes that that's another 4-5k a week at least and if we are to believe MM those that were on Championship wages losing 50-60% it would be no surprise paying a 30+ goals striker 5k or more a week. Also ST's are up nearly 2000, but then they were a bit cheaper so that probably evens itself out. As for whether he will perform a League higher I see no reason why not. He's a robust type forward, not easily shifted off the ball and shoots on sight of the goal.
Norwood confirmation? on 10:40 - Jun 1 with 4129 viewsJohnny_Boy

Norwood confirmation? on 10:25 - Jun 1 by Garv

Lack of them has been clear.

Chambers would be the one but when he's having poor games he probably hasn't as much clout as you'd expect. Skuse doesn't seem overly vocal, ditto Bart.

Was listening to a EFL podcast the other day & they were waxing lyrical about Chelsea's Reece James. Loads of similarities with Trev Chalobah.

- Both debut seasons
- Both considered CB's, but were played CM.

Now, I don't believe one player could have changed the fortune of our season by any means, but I wonder how our campaign would have panned-out if we'd beaten Wigan to James' loan signature instead of Big Trev.
Norwood confirmation? on 10:56 - Jun 1 with 4045 viewsJ2BLUE

Norwood confirmation? on 10:40 - Jun 1 by Johnny_Boy

Was listening to a EFL podcast the other day & they were waxing lyrical about Chelsea's Reece James. Loads of similarities with Trev Chalobah.

- Both debut seasons
- Both considered CB's, but were played CM.

Now, I don't believe one player could have changed the fortune of our season by any means, but I wonder how our campaign would have panned-out if we'd beaten Wigan to James' loan signature instead of Big Trev.

What? Probably none? Chalobah got better and better towards the end of the season. He will likely be somewhere like Derby next season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Norwood confirmation? on 11:03 - Jun 1 with 4024 viewsGarv

Norwood confirmation? on 10:56 - Jun 1 by J2BLUE

What? Probably none? Chalobah got better and better towards the end of the season. He will likely be somewhere like Derby next season.

He did but he was still needlessly giving away possession in the middle of the park, the Swansea one leading to their goal.

And I was his biggest fan.

Norwood confirmation? on 11:24 - Jun 1 with 3948 viewspablovian

The combination of Norwood's physicality and Jackson's pace, with intelligent support from some combination of Judge, Nolan, Downes, Bishop, Lankester and Edwards, should be very effective in League 1. That would take some pressure off the defense. If, in addition, Skuse is fully fit and in form, and Holy settles in and is reliable, Town may do very well ...
Norwood confirmation? on 11:43 - Jun 1 with 3827 viewsMullet

Norwood confirmation? on 10:15 - Jun 1 by Garv

That only works if you're a cut above everyone else like Jim was and can back it up. Otherwise you end up with another Lee Martin.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024