Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? 19:33 - Jun 1 with 4528 viewsbontcho

But wasn’t.

Adrian Paz for me.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 19:35 - Jun 1 with 3366 viewsJ2BLUE

Civelli

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 19:43 - Jun 1 with 3341 viewsSpruceMoose

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 19:35 - Jun 1 by J2BLUE

Civelli

Not really his fault that his leg fell off though!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 19:44 - Jun 1 with 3339 viewsParisBlue

Tony Vaughan. And I'm convinced if Darren Ambrose had stayed at Town for the same time as Darren Bent he'd have done better.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 19:46 - Jun 1 with 3323 viewsbraveblue

Agree
Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 19:47 - Jun 1 with 3323 viewsPJH

Pat Sharkey back in the mid 1970's.
Only signed from Portadown but on first seeing him in the first team I told anyone that would listen that he was going to be a great player for us-something that a mate still mentions from time to time.
He did play in wins over Man U, Arsenal and Spurs though.
Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 19:47 - Jun 1 with 3319 viewswkj

Bullard... the non-loan version

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 19:49 - Jun 1 with 3313 viewsBlackboots

Dalian Atkinson and he did have a decent career but I thought he was going to be a superstar. Great player and so very sad what happened to him. R.I.P. Dalian, the most exciting talent I’ve ever seen in a Town shirt.

Poll: Do you want George Burley as our next manager ?

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 19:51 - Jun 1 with 3301 viewsDarth_Koont

Balls. Shame we started these threads at the same time.

Re: Paz and a lot of the players back in the day. At least we didn't have Youtube reels then that gave false and neatly packaged hope. I think I was a lot more of a "let's wait and see" person back then. And not nearly as desperate for success.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 19:56 - Jun 1 with 3274 viewssilkcutblue

Stuart Slater
Tamas Priskin
Lee Martin
Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 20:04 - Jun 1 with 3252 viewsWD19

I thought Massimo Luongo was the new Cesc Fabregas.
Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 20:09 - Jun 1 with 3240 viewsGeoffSentence

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 19:56 - Jun 1 by silkcutblue

Stuart Slater
Tamas Priskin
Lee Martin

Yep, Slater was the one I was gonna go for.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 20:27 - Jun 1 with 3191 viewsleftback

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 20:04 - Jun 1 by WD19

This
Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 20:28 - Jun 1 with 3183 viewsOxford_Blue

David Norris
Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 20:36 - Jun 1 with 3165 viewsMelford

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 20:09 - Jun 1 by GeoffSentence

Yep, Slater was the one I was gonna go for.

I would say Stuart Slater, he was a Sudbury boy and all of us playing youth football in that area looked up to him as the one from round here who really made it big time. I was chuffed when he signed for Town. I've cooked for him a few times in the last couple of years when he's taken his family out in Melford.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 20:41 - Jun 1 with 3146 viewsPinewoodblue

Thought Dean Bowditch was going to outshine the two Darrens.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 20:47 - Jun 1 with 3129 viewsAlexGreen

Great post.

Has to be Jaime Peters for me. Am I imagining it or did ITFC ask TWTD to keep quiet about the deal to stop Man City stealing him?

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 20:53 - Jun 1 with 3114 viewsWD19

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 20:47 - Jun 1 by AlexGreen

Great post.

Has to be Jaime Peters for me. Am I imagining it or did ITFC ask TWTD to keep quiet about the deal to stop Man City stealing him?

“Peters, a full Canadian international, has also been offered a contract by Town and it is understood Chelsea, Manchester United, Millwall and Derby County all offered him terms after he had trials at their clubs.”
Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 20:55 - Jun 1 with 3087 viewsChurchman

Dean Bowditch.
Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 20:56 - Jun 1 with 3076 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 20:56 - Jun 1 with 3075 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 20:04 - Jun 1 by WD19

Remember watching Luongo in a friendly at Cambridge and thinking he was going to absolutely run the show. Probably should have realised not every game would be half paced against a conference side!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 21:10 - Jun 1 with 3021 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 20:41 - Jun 1 by Pinewoodblue

Thought Dean Bowditch was going to outshine the two Darrens.

I was going to say him.

Magic was going to build his team around him wasn't he?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 22:37 - Jun 1 with 2908 viewssundaze

Finidi George
Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 22:42 - Jun 1 with 2891 viewsjaykay

owen garvan

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 22:48 - Jun 1 with 2876 viewsBonchosBicycle

Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 19:56 - Jun 1 by silkcutblue

Stuart Slater
Tamas Priskin
Lee Martin

Super, Super Stu! Super, Super Stu! Super, Super Stu! Super Stuart Slater!!

I don't think there was much else to that song but hey! Point was made.
Who is the player you thought was going to be a world beater? on 00:56 - Jun 2 with 2762 viewsSuperblue95

Got to be Lee Martin.

Honourable mention to Grant Ward after his debut though. Who’d have thought he’d generally be so crap afterwards

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024