Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wallpapering 21:46 - Jun 1 with 1726 viewsjeera

The man in the Youtube video didn't seem to encounter any of the problems I did today.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Wallpapering on 22:02 - Jun 1 with 1697 viewsGuthrum

Can be tricky. Knowing the right technique makes it a lot easier.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Wallpapering on 22:02 - Jun 1 with 1695 viewsGeoffSentence

It was probably his highlights reel.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Wallpapering on 22:08 - Jun 1 with 1680 viewsFixed_It

A bit like the highlights on Jayden Jackson's Youtube video. You don't see the bits where he fluffs it...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Wallpapering on 22:08 - Jun 1 with 1681 viewsMJallday

Wallpapering on 22:02 - Jun 1 by Guthrum

Can be tricky. Knowing the right technique makes it a lot easier.

is the right technique "calling a bloke who can do it"?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Wallpapering on 23:15 - Jun 1 with 1642 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s always the same on these internet videos. My performance never lives up to the missus’ expectations. I normally have to pay someone to finish off for me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Wallpapering on 01:09 - Jun 2 with 1613 viewsbluejake78

I always paste the wall as well as the paper.Use the proper gear
Pasting table,proper brush,plumb line,wallpaper sissors and most importantly spend a bit of time setting out to avoid difficult bits.
Never a problem.
Wallpapering on 02:08 - Jun 2 with 1593 viewsjeera

Wallpapering on 01:09 - Jun 2 by bluejake78

I always paste the wall as well as the paper.Use the proper gear
Pasting table,proper brush,plumb line,wallpaper sissors and most importantly spend a bit of time setting out to avoid difficult bits.
Never a problem.

Real happy for you there Jake.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Wallpapering on 08:22 - Jun 2 with 1523 viewsColin_Viljoen

Soak the paper as instructed plus a bit, always cut into the corners so you have a straight edge for the next piece.
Login to get fewer ads

Wallpapering on 10:14 - Jun 3 with 1394 viewsbritbiker

Got to love You Tube vids and tv adverts. Painting fences that dont have thorny shrubs in the way or sheds that are in the middle of a lawn and no trees to contend with!

I spend nearly as much time sanding walls and preping as I do wallpapering. Use snap off blades with a caulking board as a straight edge as well as scissors. Snap off blades every couple of paper drops as they are very sharp and give a nice clean cut.

If the instructions say ready mix paste then use it. Dont cheat by using a powder mixed packet as they aren't strong enough to hold heavier papers.

Measure all the time and definitely use a spirit level (or plumb line) before you start as a slightly off line first drop will get more noticable on patterned papers as you get towards the end of the wall. Nothing worse than having a whole flower / shield etc at the top of the wall and only half of it showing by the end of the wall.

I also paste the wall first as well as the paper to ensure the wall is 'sized' correctly. Let the wall dry a bit first as you don't want loads of paste squeezing out of the seam onto the paper even though you will be washing each piece down after hanging.

Maybe you can tell why I was pleased for the Mick tenure to end at ITFC (although he did a good job). Watching paint dry all day for a living then watching Mick's team on a Saturday was not fun.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 11:12]
Wallpapering on 14:25 - Jun 3 with 1336 viewsBluefish

I would never attempt wallpapering, I would have no chance of doing it well. On that basis I paid someone to do a wall in our lounge, the chap warned me that Laura Ashley wallpaper can be tricky but we ploughed on because we had used another of theirs elsewhere. When he finished I then noticed gaps between the sheets of paper, I had a dilemma. I could call him up and demand him back but he had warned me first and we still ploughed on, it would also mean buying more paper and that was a RIP off. In the end I bought a painting to hang over the area and it virtually covers it all up. That costs more though than starting again from scratch

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Wallpapering on 15:28 - Jun 3 with 1311 viewsbritbiker

Wallpapering on 14:25 - Jun 3 by Bluefish

I would never attempt wallpapering, I would have no chance of doing it well. On that basis I paid someone to do a wall in our lounge, the chap warned me that Laura Ashley wallpaper can be tricky but we ploughed on because we had used another of theirs elsewhere. When he finished I then noticed gaps between the sheets of paper, I had a dilemma. I could call him up and demand him back but he had warned me first and we still ploughed on, it would also mean buying more paper and that was a RIP off. In the end I bought a painting to hang over the area and it virtually covers it all up. That costs more though than starting again from scratch

There are loads of decorators who hate Laura Ashley paper. I've had a couple of ok ones but I try to avoid hanging it where possible.

I hate to see seam lines in paper joints but with some papers it is unavoidable due to the way they are cut. I have two Next papers in my own home. One is absolutely seamless and you would struggle to know where one piece starts and the other finishes. The other one shows every joint upon close inspection. It drives me crazy as im really fussy.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 11:26]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024