Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cameron Stewart (remember him?!) 09:09 - Jun 2 with 2907 viewsbluesym

Released by Lincoln City at the end of the 17/18 season after only playing 4 games for them, spent whole of last season without a club.Still only 28yrs old, what on earth went wrong?

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Cameron Stewart (remember him?!) on 09:18 - Jun 2 with 2840 viewsGeoffSentence

I prefer to look at these things positively.

He's 28 and he has played 10099 minutes of football, which is about the same as 4 or 5 weeks work for the rest of us.

That's a pretty cushy number.

Fair play to him.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Cameron Stewart (remember him?!) on 09:20 - Jun 2 with 2825 viewsWeWereZombies

I think this is another one for the 'signings you were so wrong about' thread. I had hoped that he would turn his career at Town around, especially after an upbeat pre-season training photo heading up an article on the TWTD homepage. I guess it was a combination of bad attitude in his early days, lack of physicality meaning he was less than competitive in the lower reaches of the Football League but bulking up would mean a loss of speed and maneuverability, perhaps also a number of clubs felt wary of him after he successfully sued Leeds on cancellation of a contract (doubtless made him a hero in the eyes of some fans of other clubs). Maybe that seven hundred and fifty grand in the bank made him a bit complacent too, wonder if any of it is left now?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Cameron Stewart (remember him?!) on 09:29 - Jun 2 with 2769 viewsbluesym

Cameron Stewart (remember him?!) on 09:20 - Jun 2 by WeWereZombies

I think this is another one for the 'signings you were so wrong about' thread. I had hoped that he would turn his career at Town around, especially after an upbeat pre-season training photo heading up an article on the TWTD homepage. I guess it was a combination of bad attitude in his early days, lack of physicality meaning he was less than competitive in the lower reaches of the Football League but bulking up would mean a loss of speed and maneuverability, perhaps also a number of clubs felt wary of him after he successfully sued Leeds on cancellation of a contract (doubtless made him a hero in the eyes of some fans of other clubs). Maybe that seven hundred and fifty grand in the bank made him a bit complacent too, wonder if any of it is left now?

Good post, i agree with virtually all of that!

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Cameron Stewart (remember him?!) on 09:41 - Jun 2 with 2712 viewsPrideOfTheEast

The millions of quid in the bank probably assisted. He’s your standard deluded footballer with little appetite who at some point will wake up to the opportunity he’s wasted, far too late.
Cameron Stewart (remember him?!) on 09:51 - Jun 2 with 2659 viewsParisBlue

https://thesetpieces.com/interviews/interview-former-manchester-united-youngster

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Cameron Stewart (remember him?!) on 11:23 - Jun 2 with 2409 viewsIllinoisblue

Was it him who was, bizarrely, one of our highest paid players?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cameron Stewart (remember him?!) on 11:57 - Jun 2 with 2313 viewsDarth_Koont

Cameron Stewart (remember him?!) on 09:51 - Jun 2 by ParisBlue

https://thesetpieces.com/interviews/interview-former-manchester-united-youngster

Great article.

Money-wise, of course, he's been very lucky. But football is still a hard life in a way and not for everyone.

I'm sure there are many others just like Shane Supple who fell out of love with the game and because of that haven't really pushed themselves as much as others are willing to do. Probably made even worse in Cameron's case by being a winger who generally seem to be in and out of teams' plans much more than any other position.

Pronouns: He/Him

Cameron Stewart (remember him?!) on 14:59 - Jun 2 with 2018 viewsArnieM

For Cameron Stewart, read Dylan Crowe.....!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 15:00]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Cameron Stewart (remember him?!) on 15:28 - Jun 2 with 1944 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Isn't it nice to see one that was never doing it here has not gone and done it somewhere else?

Will be even nicer to see players doing it here, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Cameron Stewart (remember him?!) on 09:51 - Jun 3 with 1414 viewsitfcjoe

The interview posted below is interesting.

Can see that if you've scaled the relative heights, that dropping through the leagues struggling to get a game isn't fun - and if he has invested wisely and used money to set himself up then it must be even harder to find the motivation.

How different would things have been had he not broke his jaw here? So much of a football career is based on luck and right time and right place - he's obviously not had the same luck later in his career than he did earlier. some bad decisions and he is now where he is

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024