Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. 13:09 - Jun 2 with 2308 viewsBlueBadger

...of Chairman Nige's mates remindng us why it's still needed.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/south-west-brexit-pary-mep-29329

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 13:13 - Jun 2 with 2280 viewsfooters

"And I'd be the first person in line, to cure my Catholic guilt."

(Allegedly)
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 13:14]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 13:26 - Jun 2 with 2254 viewsFtnfwest

Of course you could have pointed out the school ‘issues’ in the West Midlands instead of that old bat.....
As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 13:29 - Jun 2 with 2248 viewsBlueBadger

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 13:26 - Jun 2 by Ftnfwest

Of course you could have pointed out the school ‘issues’ in the West Midlands instead of that old bat.....

Ah, the Glassers Swerve in full execution here. Careful with those matches round that straw man there.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 13:29]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 13:32 - Jun 2 with 2222 viewsSpruceMoose

She's always reminded me of the male neighbour in American Beauty to he honest.

Probably why she's always so worried about gay people getting up to gay business.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 13:34 - Jun 2 with 2222 viewsMullet

Why have you put issues in inverted commas? Why are the protests in Birmingham so relevant here?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 13:36 - Jun 2 with 2208 viewsDarth_Koont

Especially as science already has an answer, Ann ... it's a normal aspect of sexuality.

Pronouns: He/Him

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 13:51 - Jun 2 with 2161 viewsJ2BLUE

Like all good things Pride month seems to have been hijacked by businesses looking to cash in.

If Widdecombe is this backward on gay people I would love to hear her thoughts on transgender, gender fluid and non binary people.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 13:56 - Jun 2 with 2154 viewssparks

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 13:36 - Jun 2 by Darth_Koont

Especially as science already has an answer, Ann ... it's a normal aspect of sexuality.

To be scrupulously fair, I think it must be right to say that it is conceivable that science will find ways to alter people's sexuality some day, though one imagines it would involve a level of neurological knowledge and skill that is a long way off.

Notably, however, whilst she says that (and must be right in saying that imo) its clearly not the underlying thought process or any explanation of the reason for raising the issue as she has.

"Science might be able to do it one day" is non sequitur in reply to "why do you see homosexuality as something which requires a "cure"'

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 14:01 - Jun 2 with 2128 viewsstrikalite

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 13:34 - Jun 2 by Mullet

Why have you put issues in inverted commas? Why are the protests in Birmingham so relevant here?

As a teacher Mullet, what are your views on these protests? Justified?

Not trying to catch you out, you don't have to reply even, just interested....
As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 14:06 - Jun 2 with 2116 viewsDarth_Koont

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 13:56 - Jun 2 by sparks

To be scrupulously fair, I think it must be right to say that it is conceivable that science will find ways to alter people's sexuality some day, though one imagines it would involve a level of neurological knowledge and skill that is a long way off.

Notably, however, whilst she says that (and must be right in saying that imo) its clearly not the underlying thought process or any explanation of the reason for raising the issue as she has.

"Science might be able to do it one day" is non sequitur in reply to "why do you see homosexuality as something which requires a "cure"'

True. I'm sure it will be technically possible at some stage.

But especially as homosexuality is naturally expressed in humans and throughout the animal kingdom then it'll be presented as a choice. "A cure for homosexuality" is not scientific never mind the implied moral judgment.

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 14:08 - Jun 2 with 2112 viewsSpruceMoose

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 14:06 - Jun 2 by Darth_Koont

But especially as homosexuality is naturally expressed in humans and throughout the animal kingdom then it'll be presented as a choice. "A cure for homosexuality" is not scientific never mind the implied moral judgment.

Hopefully scientists are busy working on a cure for bigoted bellends before they start on all that anyway.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 14:29 - Jun 2 with 2064 viewssparks

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 14:06 - Jun 2 by Darth_Koont

She's quite clever and dishonest in the interview (or perhaps has just convinced herself and cant see her own bias) in focussing on a statement which seems to me to be fair and difficult to realistically object to - but at the same time being something to which many will instincitvely (and wrongly) object as a result of the context.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 14:30 - Jun 2 with 2062 viewsClapham_Junction

And one of the Tory leadership contenders:

Seriously concerned that we're on the verge of heading down the American culture wars route...
As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 14:31 - Jun 2 with 2055 viewsfactual_blue

I can't wondering why she's 'celibate'. Inability to recognise or deal with her own instincts perhaps?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 14:34 - Jun 2 with 2042 viewsMullet

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 14:01 - Jun 2 by strikalite

As a teacher Mullet, what are your views on these protests? Justified?

Not trying to catch you out, you don't have to reply even, just interested....

People are free to protest whatever they like, however, if they want to withdraw their kid from RE lessons they have a legal right to.

The problem is (and I come up against this now and again as someone in charge of RE) the parents then have to supply work and sort out who delivers it, etc. At that hurdle their convictions usually melt away.

My view is that there is a media angle to them, and a community one. I feel Brum has a conflict somewhere that is unresolved and this is how it is expressed. I've taught hundreds of muslim kids of all colours and levels of devotion, never encountered anything remotely like it. So my sense is that as with the scandal in recent years of trojan horse influence in Birmingham schools, this is a similar set of agendas and characters.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 14:35 - Jun 2 with 2027 viewsNo9

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 13:56 - Jun 2 by sparks

I feel sure Trump will already have started
As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 14:37 - Jun 2 with 2017 viewsSpruceMoose

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 14:31 - Jun 2 by factual_blue

I can't wondering why she's 'celibate'. Inability to recognise or deal with her own instincts perhaps?

Or, you know, look at the state of her.

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 15:44 - Jun 2 with 1912 viewsPendejo

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 13:51 - Jun 2 by J2BLUE

Like all good things Pride month seems to have been hijacked by businesses looking to cash in.

If Widdecombe is this backward on gay people I would love to hear her thoughts on transgender, gender fluid and non binary people.

Nowt wrong with milking the pink pounds, once upon a time they were "twinkis" (twin income no kids") and were good for NDI

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 16:38 - Jun 2 with 1808 viewsJ2BLUE

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 14:30 - Jun 2 by Clapham_Junction

And one of the Tory leadership contenders:

Seriously concerned that we're on the verge of heading down the American culture wars route...

Is she wrong? Different people will have different views on when it is best appropriate to raise certain issues.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 16:42 - Jun 2 with 1799 viewsm14_blue

And this is just more evidence of the huge difference between supporting Brexit and supporting the Brexit Party. They seem to have become conflated, and I’m sure many voters don’t even really understand the distinction (how many people did you hear saying ‘I’m voting Brexit’ in the elections?

However, people supported Brexit for many reasons and I’ve always disagreed with the characterisation of them as racist little Englanders.

On the other hand, people voting for the BP are, at best, willing to turn a blind eye to blatant racism and homophobia in the name of political expediency.

They’re a disgusting party, led by and represented by disgusting people, and it’s dreadful that they now feel they reflect the views of 17m people.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2019 16:44]
As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 16:43 - Jun 2 with 1788 viewsDarth_Koont

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 16:38 - Jun 2 by J2BLUE

Is she wrong? Different people will have different views on when it is best appropriate to raise certain issues.

Many parents are pretty poor at that though. Many will never talk about these issues with their kids (or know how) which can lead to all sorts of problems further down the road.

In my experience, kids are very able to accept different people and ideas and be comfortable with them at an early age. And before it becomes a problem for them or others.

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 17:02 - Jun 2 with 1738 viewsSwansea_Blue

Who needs science? Just seeing Ann Widdecombe make me want to change my sexuality. I’d forgotten what an abhorrent, poisonous person she was.

Some of the stuff flying around twitter and message boards around this is genuinely scarey. Look at some of the intolerance that seems to be creeping onto this board. This is far from unique - a thread on the Swans site down here where people are taking about being gay as a birth defect. And then if you go off piste on Twitter there’s some thoroughly vile stuff. It’s hard to know if these sentiments are on the rise or whether it’s an artifact of ease of access via social media, but I’m feeling as if we’re regressing on issues around tolerance.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 06:20 - Jun 3 with 1535 viewsBenters2

No that was ok.
As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 07:22 - Jun 3 with 1474 viewssparks

As Pride month kicks off, here's one.. on 16:38 - Jun 2 by J2BLUE

Yes, she's wrong.

1, prejudiced parents will not address these issues with kids in a balanced way
2 why should normalizing gay relationships be something that needs to wait? We are not talking about detailed sex education here. ..

She is pandering to the parents who believe that its something problematic and who do not want their children indoctrinated with messages of equality.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024