Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apparently Spurs are confident... 16:36 - Jun 2 with 1393 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...of turning the tie around and scraping through on away goals in the second leg.

....like they did for most of the tournament. ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Apparently Spurs are confident... on 21:23 - Jun 2 with 1213 views252OldandNew

What a stupid comment

I am Spurs and I have been casually scrolling this board over the last couple of years as I have links to Ipswich going back many, many years. I was brought up a Spurs fan and have followed home, away and abroad for more than 40 years, and hope to do so for many more, but i have always had a soft spot for Ipswich given my upbringing in the area

I have only registered tonight, as I have been a casual observer of what goes on at Ipswich and what you guys think, far better to guage the feel from fans direct as opposed to the tabloid stuff, some good fellas on here and a cracking sense of humour from most

But this comment....I am writing this from a bar in Zaragoza, I have got here from Luton, to Dortmund, to Cologne, to Barcelona, to Zaragoza, Madrid yesterday, back here this afternoon and won't be back home until Wednesday, all to see Spurs play a shocker last night

I have scrolled through many boards and HYS sites today and read and expected the usual bile from Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, so came on here for a bit of light relief

For the record, Spurs came through to the final in Madrid against all odds when considering the financial clout of the others, Inter Milan (4th in Italy), beat them. PSV (2nd in NL), beat them, Barcelona (1st in Spain), drew at the Nou Camp, Dortmund, (2nd in Germany), beat them (twice), Man City (treble winners) beat them, Ajax (1st in NL), beat them

Away goals, yep against City and Ajax, isn"t that the rule? 4 games against those 2, they scored once at WHL between them, we scored a total of 6 away, 3 at each, winning at Ajax. Shouldn't that count? What would you rather, a penalty shoot-out?

We got there because we deserved to get there. Yep, we didn't show up last night and I am gutted because Liverpool were there for the taking

I never imagined in my wildest dreams I would ever see Spurs in a Champions League Final, it won't happen again, it hurts right now, the Spanish beer hopefully will help, until Wednesday when I come out of this dream I have been in for a few weeks, but I am proud of what my club has given me this season. I will never forget

End of rant, and I am probably drunk and will be ignored or shouted down, but hey, there it is, my opinion and response to a stupid comment

Good luck next season, would love to see you back up soon, proper club, proper fans
Apparently Spurs are confident... on 21:43 - Jun 2 with 1166 viewsPJH

Apparently Spurs are confident... on 21:23 - Jun 2 by 252OldandNew

What a stupid comment

I am Spurs and I have been casually scrolling this board over the last couple of years as I have links to Ipswich going back many, many years. I was brought up a Spurs fan and have followed home, away and abroad for more than 40 years, and hope to do so for many more, but i have always had a soft spot for Ipswich given my upbringing in the area

I have only registered tonight, as I have been a casual observer of what goes on at Ipswich and what you guys think, far better to guage the feel from fans direct as opposed to the tabloid stuff, some good fellas on here and a cracking sense of humour from most

But this comment....I am writing this from a bar in Zaragoza, I have got here from Luton, to Dortmund, to Cologne, to Barcelona, to Zaragoza, Madrid yesterday, back here this afternoon and won't be back home until Wednesday, all to see Spurs play a shocker last night

I have scrolled through many boards and HYS sites today and read and expected the usual bile from Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham, so came on here for a bit of light relief

For the record, Spurs came through to the final in Madrid against all odds when considering the financial clout of the others, Inter Milan (4th in Italy), beat them. PSV (2nd in NL), beat them, Barcelona (1st in Spain), drew at the Nou Camp, Dortmund, (2nd in Germany), beat them (twice), Man City (treble winners) beat them, Ajax (1st in NL), beat them

Away goals, yep against City and Ajax, isn"t that the rule? 4 games against those 2, they scored once at WHL between them, we scored a total of 6 away, 3 at each, winning at Ajax. Shouldn't that count? What would you rather, a penalty shoot-out?

We got there because we deserved to get there. Yep, we didn't show up last night and I am gutted because Liverpool were there for the taking

I never imagined in my wildest dreams I would ever see Spurs in a Champions League Final, it won't happen again, it hurts right now, the Spanish beer hopefully will help, until Wednesday when I come out of this dream I have been in for a few weeks, but I am proud of what my club has given me this season. I will never forget

End of rant, and I am probably drunk and will be ignored or shouted down, but hey, there it is, my opinion and response to a stupid comment

Good luck next season, would love to see you back up soon, proper club, proper fans

Not ignoring you or shouting you down.

Just think, if you had been watching Spurs about 20 years longer you would have seen them win The League.

I was at Wembley to see them win the 1962 F.A. Cup, just after ITFC won the title.

Jimmy Greaves remains the greatest goal scorer that I have ever seen.

Great post of yours btw.
Apparently Spurs are confident... on 22:04 - Jun 2 with 1125 views252OldandNew

Apparently Spurs are confident... on 21:43 - Jun 2 by PJH

Not ignoring you or shouting you down.

Just think, if you had been watching Spurs about 20 years longer you would have seen them win The League.

I was at Wembley to see them win the 1962 F.A. Cup, just after ITFC won the title.

Jimmy Greaves remains the greatest goal scorer that I have ever seen.

Great post of yours btw.

Thanks mate, appreciated, how I long for those days!!

Last night I honestly think was our chance, never going to be here again, not in my lifetime anyway!!

My dad always used to tell me the same about Greaves. Not sure I will be having the same conversation with my kids about Fernando Llorente....

At least I have seen a few cities I would not necessarily have visited otherwise, and parts of Zaragoza are hidden treasures, unless that's the beer talking too!

Cheers
Apparently Spurs are confident... on 22:08 - Jun 2 with 1115 viewsMelford

What a stupid comment

My boss is a Spurs season-ticket holder, he left on Thursday and he's due back tomorrow night so he's still over there somewhere. You've got to look at as a positive like Liverpool must do after finishing second in the league, you bust your balls to get there.
Nobody gave you a prayer of even getting out of the group after the first couple of games but you made it all the way, beating some top teams. Believe me I've heard all about it, my boss likes a rant. He's like a one-man SpursFan TV when he gets going. I was hoping you lot would win so he'd come home happy.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Apparently Spurs are confident... on 22:08 - Jun 2 with 1114 viewswkj

Apparently Spurs are confident... on 22:04 - Jun 2 by 252OldandNew

Last night I honestly think was our chance, never going to be here again, not in my lifetime anyway!!

My dad always used to tell me the same about Greaves. Not sure I will be having the same conversation with my kids about Fernando Llorente....

At least I have seen a few cities I would not necessarily have visited otherwise, and parts of Zaragoza are hidden treasures, unless that's the beer talking too!

Cheers

Some special cases will try to convince you that penalties don't count on this board, so I'm hardly surprised away goals are also being lumped in with that way of thinking.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Apparently Spurs are confident... on 22:11 - Jun 2 with 1104 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What a stupid comment

Apologies for the OP.

If you have been observing this board for a while you will see most people frequently disagree with the OP.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Apparently Spurs are confident... on 22:23 - Jun 2 with 1075 viewsjaykay

Apparently Spurs are confident... on 22:11 - Jun 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Apologies for the OP.

If you have been observing this board for a while you will see most people frequently disagree with the OP.

or is it ;-)

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Apparently Spurs are confident... on 22:53 - Jun 2 with 1026 viewsSwansea_Blue

Apparently Spurs are confident... on 22:11 - Jun 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Apologies for the OP.

I didn't think it was that bad a joke actually.

It's always good to laugh when things are grim, and last night was pretty grim. Not that we're in any position to talk, but a slightly better advert for English footie would have been nice.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Apparently Spurs are confident... on 23:05 - Jun 2 with 1024 viewsSitfcB

What a stupid comment

I think the OP was just, er, a joke...

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Apparently Spurs are confident... on 23:28 - Jun 2 with 973 viewsSwansea_Blue

Apparently Spurs are confident... on 23:05 - Jun 2 by SitfcB

I think the OP was just, er, a joke...

In fairness, I imagine it's hard to see the funny side when you've spent the best part of a week travelling round Europe to see it in the flesh 🙈

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Apparently Spurs are confident... on 23:46 - Jun 2 with 954 viewsfactual_blue

What a stupid comment

'But this comment....I am writing this from a bar in Zaragoza, I have got here from Luton, to Dortmund, to Cologne, to Barcelona, to Zaragoza, Madrid yesterday, back here this afternoon and won't be back home until Wednesday, all to see Spurs play a shocker last night'.

Are you related to fergalsharkey?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Apparently Spurs are confident... on 01:08 - Jun 3 with 927 viewsBlueBadger

What a stupid comment

Oh, bless you.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Apparently Spurs are confident... on 08:28 - Jun 3 with 808 viewsPJH

Apparently Spurs are confident... on 22:04 - Jun 2 by 252OldandNew

Cheers

I actually have a book about the Spurs 1960/61 Double winning season and also one by Hunter Davies when he spent a year with the club in the early 1970's.

Greaves was a great taker of chances but also specialised in going past four or five defenders and then the keeper and putting the ball in the empty net, a truly great goal scorer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024