Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Balls 11:40 - Jun 3 with 1130 viewstractordownsouth

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/03/gerard-batten-quits-as-ukip-lea

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Balls on 12:00 - Jun 3 with 1081 viewsGuthrum

They'll either appoint Robinson and implode or someone sensible and fade away (perhaps eventually merging with the Brexit Party).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Balls on 12:03 - Jun 3 with 1071 viewstractordownsouth

Balls on 12:00 - Jun 3 by Guthrum

They'll either appoint Robinson and implode or someone sensible and fade away (perhaps eventually merging with the Brexit Party).

The fact that Farage was probably one of their most moderate figures says a lot about them

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Balls on 12:15 - Jun 3 with 1050 viewsGuthrum

Balls on 12:03 - Jun 3 by tractordownsouth

The fact that Farage was probably one of their most moderate figures says a lot about them

Not sure that's strictly fair. Ten years or so ago a good friend of mine was a UKIP stalwart. He was actually a former LibDem councillor, just vehemently opposed to the EU as an organisation. Certainly not in the least bit racist or xenophobic (spent a lot of time in Portugal). He died a few years before the Referendum. Not to deny that there were unpleasant characters, but he wasn't alone in being a non-extremist 'Kipper.

I think what happened was that most of my friend's sort left after 2016 with Farage stepping down and the result achieved, then the islamophobic wing staged a takeover of the remaining rump party, driving away many more.

Balls on 12:18 - Jun 3 with 1045 viewsBlueBadger

Balls on 12:15 - Jun 3 by Guthrum

Not sure that's strictly fair. Ten years or so ago a good friend of mine was a UKIP stalwart. He was actually a former LibDem councillor, just vehemently opposed to the EU as an organisation. Certainly not in the least bit racist or xenophobic (spent a lot of time in Portugal). He died a few years before the Referendum. Not to deny that there were unpleasant characters, but he wasn't alone in being a non-extremist 'Kipper.

I think what happened was that most of my friend's sort left after 2016 with Farage stepping down and the result achieved, then the islamophobic wing staged a takeover of the remaining rump party, driving away many more.

UKIP founder Alan Sked has had a fair few words to say about UKIP's transformation into the new BNP over the years.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/26/ukip-founder-alan-sked-party-be
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 12:19]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Balls on 12:42 - Jun 3 with 1009 viewsGuthrum

Balls on 12:18 - Jun 3 by BlueBadger

UKIP founder Alan Sked has had a fair few words to say about UKIP's transformation into the new BNP over the years.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/26/ukip-founder-alan-sked-party-be
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 12:19]

That's quite a damning interview.

Sked and Farage never really got on.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 12:43]

Balls on 15:25 - Jun 3 with 953 viewsfactual_blue

Balls on 12:42 - Jun 3 by Guthrum

That's quite a damning interview.

Sked and Farage never really got on.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 12:43]

Well, whatever his failings, Sked is an educated man.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Balls on 16:08 - Jun 3 with 925 viewsNo9

Balls on 12:00 - Jun 3 by Guthrum

More likely the tories will accept the brexit party as partners making UKip obsolete
Balls on 17:18 - Jun 3 with 889 viewsSarge

Balls on 15:25 - Jun 3 by factual_blue

Well, whatever his failings, Sked is an educated man.

He can’t be, according to many on here all brexit supporters are thick, ignorant racists.

Of course, Brexit is a mistake, a disastrous farce and many supporters of it do fit the above, but the brush must tar all, no exceptions.
Login to get fewer ads

Balls on 20:45 - Jun 3 with 834 viewsGuthrum

Balls on 16:08 - Jun 3 by No9

More likely the tories will accept the brexit party as partners making UKip obsolete

UKIP has been obsolete since the moment Farage left the party.

Balls on 20:58 - Jun 3 with 822 viewsDanTheMan

I hope they appoint Sargon of Akkad because there are certain sections of the internet I want to see explode.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024