Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
world cup starts on friday 13:00 - Jun 3 with 36019 viewslowhouseblue

come on, equality and all that - and it's the only footy we'll get for the next month or so. we should generate some interest and enthusiasm on here - allocate teams as we did for the men's world cup. if 24 people reply to this thread I'll do a random draw and allocate teams. or not. sod it, i'm looking forward to it.

THE DRAW

there was more than 24 of us in the end (I think I've included everyone who replied to the thread) so I started a second round of a draw and there's some doubling up. equally therefore late comers can still be included.

…. drum roll... and the draw is:

Bluebadger Chile
Coastal Blue Scotland
Clapham Junction Jamaica
C.HealyisApleasure Thailand
Footers China
Ryorry Netherlands
Ramsey Robson France
The Romford Blue Argentina
SitfcB Japan
lowhouseblue Brazil
CaptainAhab South Africa
Superblue95 England
Marshalls_Mullet Australia
Swansea_Blue Italy
SpruceMoose Canada
Tractordownsouth Sweden
Deano69 South Korea
Linhdi Nigeria
Brazil1982 Germany
J2Blue USA
Never_lose_the_faith Cameroon
Jeera New Zealand
Flimflam Spain
Portmanroadblue Spain
Mos Italy
Nthsuffolkblue Netherlands
BanksterDebtSlave England
Basingstokeblue South Korea
SamWhiteUK Norway
Hoppy Scotland
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 13:19]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

world cup starts on friday on 15:41 - Jun 3 with 2317 viewsSpruceMoose

world cup starts on friday on 15:38 - Jun 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Theres a reason for that.

Yeah, I'm sure those Champions League final tickets for the most boring game of the season were worth every pound.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 15:58]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

world cup starts on friday on 15:43 - Jun 3 with 2314 viewslinhdi

world cup starts on friday on 13:10 - Jun 3 by Clapham_Junction

Is anyone else going over to see it? We're going to Nice for the England v Scotland match on Sunday. The most expensive tickets were only €30.

I'm doing both SFs and the Final, all in Lyon. And a quick trip up to NW Germany in-between!
world cup starts on friday on 15:45 - Jun 3 with 2314 viewsDeano69

world cup starts on friday on 15:38 - Jun 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Theres a reason for that.

Supply and demand, nothing to do with quality

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

world cup starts on friday on 15:46 - Jun 3 with 2309 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

world cup starts on friday on 15:45 - Jun 3 by Deano69

Supply and demand, nothing to do with quality

Hmmm, I think quality of product is a factor in demand...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

world cup starts on friday on 15:49 - Jun 3 with 2304 viewsClapham_Junction

world cup starts on friday on 15:43 - Jun 3 by linhdi

I'm doing both SFs and the Final, all in Lyon. And a quick trip up to NW Germany in-between!

Should be great if England get that far again!
world cup starts on friday on 15:50 - Jun 3 with 2304 viewsDeano69

world cup starts on friday on 15:46 - Jun 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hmmm, I think quality of product is a factor in demand...

Each to their own. As already mentioned, the two biggest games in European mens football were hardly a festival of quality football.

world cup starts on friday on 15:52 - Jun 3 with 2301 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

world cup starts on friday on 15:50 - Jun 3 by Deano69

Each to their own. As already mentioned, the two biggest games in European mens football were hardly a festival of quality football.

Not sure what mens football has got to do with it? But seeing as you mentioned it, the CL semi finals were not all that dull.

To be fair, I think the womens game has improved, and I'll probably watch the England matches.

I hadnt mentioned the quality until you brought it up.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

world cup starts on friday on 15:54 - Jun 3 with 2295 viewsDeano69

world cup starts on friday on 15:52 - Jun 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Not sure what mens football has got to do with it? But seeing as you mentioned it, the CL semi finals were not all that dull.

To be fair, I think the womens game has improved, and I'll probably watch the England matches.

I hadnt mentioned the quality until you brought it up.

So what is 'the reason for that' then?

Login to get fewer ads

world cup starts on friday on 15:55 - Jun 3 with 2291 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

world cup starts on friday on 15:54 - Jun 3 by Deano69

So what is 'the reason for that' then?

Supply and demand ;-)

world cup starts on friday on 15:57 - Jun 3 with 2282 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

world cup starts on friday on 15:41 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

Yeah, I'm sure those Champions League final tickets for the most boring game of the season were worth every pound.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 15:58]

Oh yeah, have you seen the Liverpool fans queuing for a refund. They were bored silly.

world cup starts on friday on 15:58 - Jun 3 with 2279 viewsDeano69

world cup starts on friday on 15:55 - Jun 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Supply and demand ;-)

lol

world cup starts on friday on 15:59 - Jun 3 with 2276 viewsbrazil1982

world cup starts on friday on 13:10 - Jun 3 by Clapham_Junction

Is anyone else going over to see it? We're going to Nice for the England v Scotland match on Sunday. The most expensive tickets were only €30.

That'll be nice.
world cup starts on friday on 15:59 - Jun 3 with 2275 viewsJ2BLUE

world cup starts on friday on 15:57 - Jun 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Oh yeah, have you seen the Liverpool fans queuing for a refund. They were bored silly.

Mate, time to throw the towel in on this one. You're beginning to look like a bit of a plank.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

world cup starts on friday on 16:02 - Jun 3 with 2261 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

world cup starts on friday on 15:59 - Jun 3 by J2BLUE

Mate, time to throw the towel in on this one. You're beginning to look like a bit of a plank.

Bloody hell, lighten up fella.

SM suggested that the CL final tickets were poor value for money, I stated that I dont think the Scousers would think so.

Agree to differ. ;-) x x

world cup starts on friday on 16:06 - Jun 3 with 2250 viewsSpruceMoose

world cup starts on friday on 16:02 - Jun 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

SM suggested that the CL final tickets were poor value for money, I stated that I dont think the Scousers would think so.

Agree to differ. ;-) x x

Yeah I'm sure they would have hated them to be fifty quid cheaper...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

world cup starts on friday on 16:08 - Jun 3 with 2245 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Love watching women’s golf, boxing now, because of Katie Taylor, even cricket but I draw the line at women’s football. It is a very very poor standard, I’m sure I will get downvotes for this but it is my opinion.
world cup starts on friday on 16:09 - Jun 3 with 2243 viewsSpruceMoose

world cup starts on friday on 16:08 - Jun 3 by never_lose_the_faith

Love watching women’s golf, boxing now, because of Katie Taylor, even cricket but I draw the line at women’s football. It is a very very poor standard, I’m sure I will get downvotes for this but it is my opinion.

Most men's football is a poor standard. We got used to that this season. Next season will be even worse.

world cup starts on friday on 16:12 - Jun 3 with 2236 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

world cup starts on friday on 16:06 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

Yeah I'm sure they would have hated them to be fifty quid cheaper...

...in the same way that I'd like a brand new BMW to be £5k.

world cup starts on friday on 16:12 - Jun 3 with 2237 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

world cup starts on friday on 16:09 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

Most men's football is a poor standard. We got used to that this season. Next season will be even worse.

If you think that league one football is of the same standard as league one then you obviously know nothing about football. Lewiston would demolish any woman’s national team, hell my Sunday league team probably would.
But it doesn’t matter what I say does it spruce, if I say s9methjngs black you will say it’s white. Surprised your still on here to be honest
world cup starts on friday on 16:14 - Jun 3 with 2233 viewsfooters

world cup starts on friday on 16:12 - Jun 3 by never_lose_the_faith

If you think that league one football is of the same standard as league one then you obviously know nothing about football. Lewiston would demolish any woman’s national team, hell my Sunday league team probably would.
But it doesn’t matter what I say does it spruce, if I say s9methjngs black you will say it’s white. Surprised your still on here to be honest

"If you think that league one football is of the same standard as league one"... errr....

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

world cup starts on friday on 16:17 - Jun 3 with 2227 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

world cup starts on friday on 16:08 - Jun 3 by never_lose_the_faith

The standard is improving, mainly due to professionalism I guess.

Goal keeping is still a major issue which lets it down, but at least that means more goals.

The womens teams would get beaten by mens club teams fairly low down in the pyramid, but as they are not playing mens teams, it does remain a competitive spectacle.

Funnily enough, most of the experts viewed that Katie Taylor lost on Saturday.... her agent agreed.... and so did she.

world cup starts on friday on 16:18 - Jun 3 with 2224 viewsJ2BLUE

world cup starts on friday on 16:02 - Jun 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Agree to differ. ;-) x x

You have frequently taken issue with women's football. It's not the Premier League, we get it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

world cup starts on friday on 16:21 - Jun 3 with 2205 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

world cup starts on friday on 16:14 - Jun 3 by footers

"If you think that league one football is of the same standard as league one"... errr....

Haha, I really should type slower and read what I am doing.
world cup starts on friday on 16:21 - Jun 3 with 2205 viewsjeera

I think I've scraped it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

world cup starts on friday on 16:21 - Jun 3 with 2206 viewsSpruceMoose

world cup starts on friday on 16:12 - Jun 3 by never_lose_the_faith

Why are you even comparing the standard of men's football to women's? They can;t be compared. Men's football is a gigantic behemoth of grotesque financial scams. Women's football is grass roots, mainly because, you know, woman have been discriminated against at every turn.

Are you so insecure as a man that you need the constant reminder that some other men (who aren't even you) are better at football than some other women? This was a positive thread about an aspect of football that many people enjoy. Why do you need to try and ruin that?

For all you lot saying it's not about women, you don't half love to pile onto any thread that talks about women's football.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 16:23]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024