Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
world cup starts on friday 13:00 - Jun 3 with 36062 viewslowhouseblue

come on, equality and all that - and it's the only footy we'll get for the next month or so. we should generate some interest and enthusiasm on here - allocate teams as we did for the men's world cup. if 24 people reply to this thread I'll do a random draw and allocate teams. or not. sod it, i'm looking forward to it.

THE DRAW

there was more than 24 of us in the end (I think I've included everyone who replied to the thread) so I started a second round of a draw and there's some doubling up. equally therefore late comers can still be included.

…. drum roll... and the draw is:

Bluebadger Chile
Coastal Blue Scotland
Clapham Junction Jamaica
C.HealyisApleasure Thailand
Footers China
Ryorry Netherlands
Ramsey Robson France
The Romford Blue Argentina
SitfcB Japan
lowhouseblue Brazil
CaptainAhab South Africa
Superblue95 England
Marshalls_Mullet Australia
Swansea_Blue Italy
SpruceMoose Canada
Tractordownsouth Sweden
Deano69 South Korea
Linhdi Nigeria
Brazil1982 Germany
J2Blue USA
Never_lose_the_faith Cameroon
Jeera New Zealand
Flimflam Spain
Portmanroadblue Spain
Mos Italy
Nthsuffolkblue Netherlands
BanksterDebtSlave England
Basingstokeblue South Korea
SamWhiteUK Norway
Hoppy Scotland
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 13:19]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

world cup starts on friday on 16:23 - Jun 3 with 1954 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

world cup starts on friday on 16:18 - Jun 3 by J2BLUE

You have frequently taken issue with women's football. It's not the Premier League, we get it.

All I ask J2, is that you read my posts more carefully;

"To be fair, I think the womens game has improved, and I'll probably watch the England matches."

world cup starts on friday by Marshalls_Mullet 3 Jun 2019 16:17
The standard is improving, mainly due to professionalism I guess.

Goal keeping is still a major issue which lets it down, but at least that means more goals.

The womens teams would get beaten by mens club teams fairly low down in the pyramid, but as they are not playing mens teams, it does remain a competitive spectacle.

Funnily enough, most of the experts viewed that Katie Taylor lost on Saturday.... her agent agreed.... and so did she.

Apology not needed. ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

world cup starts on friday on 16:23 - Jun 3 with 1949 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

world cup starts on friday on 16:17 - Jun 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Goal keeping is still a major issue which lets it down, but at least that means more goals.

The womens teams would get beaten by mens club teams fairly low down in the pyramid, but as they are not playing mens teams, it does remain a competitive spectacle.

Funnily enough, most of the experts viewed that Katie Taylor lost on Saturday.... her agent agreed.... and so did she.

Katie Taylor should definitely have lost, I love my boxing but the judges are a disgrace in most fights, something has to be done about it.
I am not slating women’s football, i just couldn’t sit down and at watch it, same as I wouldn’t watch league 2 or 3 Men’s football.
world cup starts on friday on 16:24 - Jun 3 with 1949 viewsSpruceMoose

world cup starts on friday on 16:23 - Jun 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

All I ask J2, is that you read my posts more carefully;

"To be fair, I think the womens game has improved, and I'll probably watch the England matches."

world cup starts on friday by Marshalls_Mullet 3 Jun 2019 16:17

Apology not needed. ;-)

He's not wrong though. Whenever there's a thread about women's football, you're always there, feeling the need to subtly tell everyone that it isn't as good as mens.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

world cup starts on friday on 16:25 - Jun 3 with 1946 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

world cup starts on friday on 16:21 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

Why are you even comparing the standard of men's football to women's? They can;t be compared. Men's football is a gigantic behemoth of grotesque financial scams. Women's football is grass roots, mainly because, you know, woman have been discriminated against at every turn.

Are you so insecure as a man that you need the constant reminder that some other men (who aren't even you) are better at football than some other women? This was a positive thread about an aspect of football that many people enjoy. Why do you need to try and ruin that?

For all you lot saying it's not about women, you don't half love to pile onto any thread that talks about women's football.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 16:23]

You’re a knob
world cup starts on friday on 16:25 - Jun 3 with 1946 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

world cup starts on friday on 16:21 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

Why are you even comparing the standard of men's football to women's? They can;t be compared. Men's football is a gigantic behemoth of grotesque financial scams. Women's football is grass roots, mainly because, you know, woman have been discriminated against at every turn.

Are you so insecure as a man that you need the constant reminder that some other men (who aren't even you) are better at football than some other women? This was a positive thread about an aspect of football that many people enjoy. Why do you need to try and ruin that?

For all you lot saying it's not about women, you don't half love to pile onto any thread that talks about women's football.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 16:23]

I'm not sure he was the one who raised mens football...

world cup starts on friday by SpruceMoose 3 Jun 2019 16:09
Most men's football is a poor standard. We got used to that this season. Next season will be even worse.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

world cup starts on friday on 16:26 - Jun 3 with 1942 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

world cup starts on friday on 16:23 - Jun 3 by never_lose_the_faith

Katie Taylor should definitely have lost, I love my boxing but the judges are a disgrace in most fights, something has to be done about it.
I am not slating women’s football, i just couldn’t sit down and at watch it, same as I wouldn’t watch league 2 or 3 Men’s football.

Fair do's.

world cup starts on friday on 16:27 - Jun 3 with 1939 viewsSpruceMoose

world cup starts on friday on 16:25 - Jun 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm not sure he was the one who raised mens football...

world cup starts on friday by SpruceMoose 3 Jun 2019 16:09
Most men's football is a poor standard. We got used to that this season. Next season will be even worse.

Clearly he was judging it against men's football to determine that it was a poor standard.

Don't be silly, at least engage with posts properly.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

world cup starts on friday on 16:27 - Jun 3 with 1935 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

world cup starts on friday on 16:24 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

He's not wrong though. Whenever there's a thread about women's football, you're always there, feeling the need to subtly tell everyone that it isn't as good as mens.

To be fair, I didnt raise the comparison with mens football.

Read some of my posts, I think I've been very balanced.

Agree to differ if you wish, thats no problem fella.

Login to get fewer ads

world cup starts on friday on 16:28 - Jun 3 with 1932 viewsSpruceMoose

world cup starts on friday on 16:25 - Jun 3 by never_lose_the_faith

You’re a knob

Resorting to abuse really strengthens your argument.

world cup starts on friday on 16:28 - Jun 3 with 1930 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

world cup starts on friday on 16:27 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

Clearly he was judging it against men's football to determine that it was a poor standard.

Don't be silly, at least engage with posts properly.

Just pointing out an inconsistency.

world cup starts on friday on 16:30 - Jun 3 with 1929 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

world cup starts on friday on 16:28 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

Resorting to abuse really strengthens your argument.

I am not wasting my time on you mate.
Re read what I posted, then read what you wrote, could you have twisted my words anymore, you are so juvenile, get out your mums basement and get laid you nerd
world cup starts on friday on 16:32 - Jun 3 with 1923 viewsSpruceMoose

world cup starts on friday on 16:27 - Jun 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

To be fair, I didnt raise the comparison with mens football.

Read some of my posts, I think I've been very balanced.

Agree to differ if you wish, thats no problem fella.

Fair does.

Look, I know the standard isn't as good as men's. There are many reasons for that. We all know it. I just don't get why every time there's a thread on women's football we need to suffer blokes popping up to remind us that it isn't as good as men's football. We know! It just makes it look like insecure blokes are using as a chance to have a pop at women.

If you've got daughters who play football, are you constantly saying to them 'great game kiddo, not as good as a bloke would have played but good game". I bet they aren't. Because that would be obnoxious.

To anyone this applies to, if you think it's crap, give it a miss and leave the rest of us to discuss it in peace.

world cup starts on friday on 16:34 - Jun 3 with 1917 viewsSpruceMoose

world cup starts on friday on 16:30 - Jun 3 by never_lose_the_faith

I am not wasting my time on you mate.
Re read what I posted, then read what you wrote, could you have twisted my words anymore, you are so juvenile, get out your mums basement and get laid you nerd

Do you feel better for that?

Anyway, you've been dismissed. You aren't a serious poster. I'm better off talking to MM about this. At least he can string a series of sentences together and has fully formed ideas we can debate.

world cup starts on friday on 16:36 - Jun 3 with 1919 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

world cup starts on friday on 16:32 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

Fair does.

Look, I know the standard isn't as good as men's. There are many reasons for that. We all know it. I just don't get why every time there's a thread on women's football we need to suffer blokes popping up to remind us that it isn't as good as men's football. We know! It just makes it look like insecure blokes are using as a chance to have a pop at women.

If you've got daughters who play football, are you constantly saying to them 'great game kiddo, not as good as a bloke would have played but good game". I bet they aren't. Because that would be obnoxious.

To anyone this applies to, if you think it's crap, give it a miss and leave the rest of us to discuss it in peace.

I refer you back to my previous posts this afternoon where have defended the standard, said that it has improved and also said I'll probably watch it. But I think you have acknowledged that now.

I dont really think anyone has been massively down on womens football on this thread.

Its like any other thread, not everyone agrees, we all have our say. Its a forum.

Some people get a bit too sensitive to comments about womens football... and its usually men.

I think it will probably be a good tournament.

One thing I will agree on, is that comparison to mens football does it no favours.... the media are at fault for that, and so was Mark Sampson. It needs to be viewed in its own right.

world cup starts on friday on 16:41 - Jun 3 with 1905 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

world cup starts on friday on 16:34 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

Do you feel better for that?

Anyway, you've been dismissed. You aren't a serious poster. I'm better off talking to MM about this. At least he can string a series of sentences together and has fully formed ideas we can debate.

You are such a c unit aren’t you.
What makes you a serious poster? you had a thread calling for you to be banned, I am never trying to debate with you, every time I write something you storm in all aggressive and looking for an argument. So as I never have to talk to you again just stop responding to my posts and I will do the same.
P.s. sorry phil and gav for having a go, I know i shouldn’t be doing it but he is just winding everyone up, never has anything positive to say. I’m only here to express my opinions and listen to others and don’t need this every time I post
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 16:42]
world cup starts on friday on 16:44 - Jun 3 with 1900 viewsflimflam

world cup starts on friday on 16:32 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

Fair does.

Being involved in girls football in Suffolk I can tell you there are some cracking players here in little old Suffolk.

Multiply that by the many thousands playing across the country I would say the Womens game is heading in a good direction and will keep on improving.

The FA Pyramid is now setup so that the best players have a pathway through county, regional and then national level at all age levels so the opportunities are there for the best of the best.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

world cup starts on friday on 16:46 - Jun 3 with 1892 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

world cup starts on friday on 16:36 - Jun 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

I refer you back to my previous posts this afternoon where have defended the standard, said that it has improved and also said I'll probably watch it. But I think you have acknowledged that now.

I dont really think anyone has been massively down on womens football on this thread.

Its like any other thread, not everyone agrees, we all have our say. Its a forum.

Some people get a bit too sensitive to comments about womens football... and its usually men.

I think it will probably be a good tournament.

One thing I will agree on, is that comparison to mens football does it no favours.... the media are at fault for that, and so was Mark Sampson. It needs to be viewed in its own right.

As an example of the media getting it wrong. A quote from the BBC today;

"Australias Sam Kerr is the highest rated female player in the FIFA 19 video game. Her rating of 89 is higher than Mo Salah (88)".

The first sentence would suffice, I'm not sure what the use of the Mo Salah reference is?

world cup starts on friday on 16:47 - Jun 3 with 1891 viewsSpruceMoose

world cup starts on friday on 16:41 - Jun 3 by never_lose_the_faith

You are such a c unit aren’t you.
What makes you a serious poster? you had a thread calling for you to be banned, I am never trying to debate with you, every time I write something you storm in all aggressive and looking for an argument. So as I never have to talk to you again just stop responding to my posts and I will do the same.
P.s. sorry phil and gav for having a go, I know i shouldn’t be doing it but he is just winding everyone up, never has anything positive to say. I’m only here to express my opinions and listen to others and don’t need this every time I post
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 16:42]

Can't say I've ever noticed you before.

Won't be in a rush to notice you again.

Nothing more to say to you.

world cup starts on friday on 16:48 - Jun 3 with 1890 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

world cup starts on friday on 16:44 - Jun 3 by flimflam

Being involved in girls football in Suffolk I can tell you there are some cracking players here in little old Suffolk.

Multiply that by the many thousands playing across the country I would say the Womens game is heading in a good direction and will keep on improving.

The FA Pyramid is now setup so that the best players have a pathway through county, regional and then national level at all age levels so the opportunities are there for the best of the best.

Yes, I wouldnt disagree, that makes perfect sense.

Probably the biggest impact will be with goalkeepers. I think the reason that goal keeping is so far behind the rest of womens football is that the female players havent been throwing themselves around the goal mouth since they were 5 years old.

This will change, and will improve.

world cup starts on friday on 16:52 - Jun 3 with 1890 viewsDeano69

world cup starts on friday on 16:44 - Jun 3 by flimflam

Yes there is, the Under 12's girls side my daughter plays for won their 4th Trophy of the season yesterday. I have had much more enjoyment watching them progress in the game this season than any mens football.

Shame not all pro football clubs have parity of male and female teams (i.e. under 8's under 9's etc).

The majority of the girls in her team didn't start playing until they were 9 or 10, mainly because it wasn't encouraged at school and the boys wouldn't let them play during play/dinner time. Had these girls been playing since birth (like most boys i know have), may be it would be a different story.

The biggest difference I see at a similar age group is the 'game awareness'. Boys seem more instinctive about positioning on the pitch and where to play the best pass. Mainly due to playing so much football I suspect.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

world cup starts on friday on 16:56 - Jun 3 with 1885 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

world cup starts on friday on 16:52 - Jun 3 by Deano69

Yes there is, the Under 12's girls side my daughter plays for won their 4th Trophy of the season yesterday. I have had much more enjoyment watching them progress in the game this season than any mens football.

Shame not all pro football clubs have parity of male and female teams (i.e. under 8's under 9's etc).

The majority of the girls in her team didn't start playing until they were 9 or 10, mainly because it wasn't encouraged at school and the boys wouldn't let them play during play/dinner time. Had these girls been playing since birth (like most boys i know have), may be it would be a different story.

The biggest difference I see at a similar age group is the 'game awareness'. Boys seem more instinctive about positioning on the pitch and where to play the best pass. Mainly due to playing so much football I suspect.

I suspect it comes down to resources in terms of parity.

The academy system in mens football costs c.£2m per club to run, and even they have difficulty in being viable.

I dont think womens football needs more pro clubs to have girls football at 8 and 9, they probably need more school and local clubs teams. Womens football should be able to stand on its own two feet, and I think it will if its given the chance to grow organically. It doesnt need to be subsidised by the mens game.

world cup starts on friday on 17:47 - Jun 3 with 1859 viewsportmanroadblue

count me in
world cup starts on friday on 18:09 - Jun 3 with 1851 viewsSwansea_Blue

world cup starts on friday on 16:14 - Jun 3 by footers

"If you think that league one football is of the same standard as league one"... errr....

You haven’t seen us in it yet. Technically we’d be league 1, but as for the standard...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

world cup starts on friday on 20:30 - Jun 3 with 1810 viewsmos

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4389760/USA-women-s-team-suff

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

world cup starts on friday on 21:53 - Jun 3 with 1775 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Having trawled through all the nonsense in the thread I think there are still places left.

If so, please allocate me a team.

Thanks.

Would be nice if the thread could be cleaned up somehow to just be what the OP was after!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024