Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
world cup starts on friday 13:00 - Jun 3 with 36015 viewslowhouseblue

come on, equality and all that - and it's the only footy we'll get for the next month or so. we should generate some interest and enthusiasm on here - allocate teams as we did for the men's world cup. if 24 people reply to this thread I'll do a random draw and allocate teams. or not. sod it, i'm looking forward to it.

THE DRAW

there was more than 24 of us in the end (I think I've included everyone who replied to the thread) so I started a second round of a draw and there's some doubling up. equally therefore late comers can still be included.

…. drum roll... and the draw is:

Bluebadger Chile
Coastal Blue Scotland
Clapham Junction Jamaica
C.HealyisApleasure Thailand
Footers China
Ryorry Netherlands
Ramsey Robson France
The Romford Blue Argentina
SitfcB Japan
lowhouseblue Brazil
CaptainAhab South Africa
Superblue95 England
Marshalls_Mullet Australia
Swansea_Blue Italy
SpruceMoose Canada
Tractordownsouth Sweden
Deano69 South Korea
Linhdi Nigeria
Brazil1982 Germany
J2Blue USA
Never_lose_the_faith Cameroon
Jeera New Zealand
Flimflam Spain
Portmanroadblue Spain
Mos Italy
Nthsuffolkblue Netherlands
BanksterDebtSlave England
Basingstokeblue South Korea
SamWhiteUK Norway
Hoppy Scotland
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 13:19]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

world cup starts on friday on 14:19 - Jun 5 with 5751 viewsSpruceMoose

Lowhouse me old mucker, I'll be withdrawing, someone else who didn't make the cut can have Canada.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

world cup starts on friday on 13:15 - Jun 6 with 5627 viewshoppy

Is it too late to join the second wave? I've been a bit busy of late and hadn't opened this thread til now.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

world cup starts on friday on 13:17 - Jun 6 with 5621 viewslowhouseblue

world cup starts on friday on 13:15 - Jun 6 by hoppy

Is it too late to join the second wave? I've been a bit busy of late and hadn't opened this thread til now.

in the second wave draw you are scotland.

[i'm assuming spruce hasn't really abandoned canada).

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

world cup starts on friday on 13:21 - Jun 6 with 5615 viewshoppy

world cup starts on friday on 13:17 - Jun 6 by lowhouseblue

in the second wave draw you are scotland.

[i'm assuming spruce hasn't really abandoned canada).

So am I sharing with Sprucey?

I will just warn that last time I shared a slot in a TWTD sweepstake, it was 9 years ago, and that was sharing a slot with KJ...
I'm not saying lightning strikes twice, but hello Sprucey...

Ah, I hadn't seen the edit... so it's CoastalBlue that may need to worry?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 13:23]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

world cup starts on friday on 13:24 - Jun 6 with 5602 viewslowhouseblue

world cup starts on friday on 13:21 - Jun 6 by hoppy

I will just warn that last time I shared a slot in a TWTD sweepstake, it was 9 years ago, and that was sharing a slot with KJ...

no, both you and coastal blue now have scotland.

spruce has canada, but yesterday said he was giving them up (which I don't believe).

world cup starts on friday on 13:55 - Jun 6 with 5582 viewsjeera

world cup starts on friday on 14:19 - Jun 5 by SpruceMoose

Lowhouse me old mucker, I'll be withdrawing, someone else who didn't make the cut can have Canada.

Running scared from the mighty Nz eh?

(Who lost to Wales I noticed the other evening. Hopefully a mere blip).

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

world cup starts on friday on 16:28 - Jun 6 with 5550 viewsSpruceMoose

world cup starts on friday on 13:21 - Jun 6 by hoppy

*Reports stalking

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

world cup starts on friday on 16:29 - Jun 6 with 5549 viewsSpruceMoose

world cup starts on friday on 13:24 - Jun 6 by lowhouseblue

no, both you and coastal blue now have scotland.

spruce has canada, but yesterday said he was giving them up (which I don't believe).

I've returned. Thanks for holding my slot for me.

Login to get fewer ads

world cup starts on friday on 08:28 - Jun 7 with 5488 viewslowhouseblue

today's the day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48549231

world cup starts on friday on 08:56 - Jun 7 with 5470 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

world cup starts on friday on 16:29 - Jun 6 by SpruceMoose

I've returned. Thanks for holding my slot for me.

You great big flouncy thing!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

world cup starts on friday on 09:14 - Jun 7 with 5461 viewsfooters

world cup starts on friday on 08:28 - Jun 7 by lowhouseblue

today's the day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48549231

Tomorrow's the big one for me.

Gonna head to the local, eat a dozen sweet 'n' sour prawn balls, all washed down with a few swift halves of Wherry and watch on as my lil' pot-stickers take on brazil1982's mighty Germany.

It'll be a tough ask, but I'd be happy with a draw from the opening game.

Good luck to all.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

world cup starts on friday on 20:00 - Jun 7 with 5408 viewslowhouseblue

world cup starts on friday on 09:14 - Jun 7 by footers

Tomorrow's the big one for me.

Gonna head to the local, eat a dozen sweet 'n' sour prawn balls, all washed down with a few swift halves of Wherry and watch on as my lil' pot-stickers take on brazil1982's mighty Germany.

It'll be a tough ask, but I'd be happy with a draw from the opening game.

Good luck to all.

allez les blues.

world cup starts on friday on 20:51 - Jun 7 with 5395 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

world cup starts on friday on 20:00 - Jun 7 by lowhouseblue

allez les blues.

That Renard is a fox in the box.

world cup starts on friday on 20:57 - Jun 7 with 5393 viewslowhouseblue

world cup starts on friday on 20:51 - Jun 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

That Renard is a fox in the box.

france look good. renard's second was a decent header. le sommer looks very good. the right winger has had nice touches. it's one sided and it's tournament football and at this stage you get quite a variation in quality, but I suspect france will look good against much better sides.

world cup starts on friday on 22:00 - Jun 7 with 5371 viewsjeera

world cup starts on friday on 20:57 - Jun 7 by lowhouseblue

france look good. renard's second was a decent header. le sommer looks very good. the right winger has had nice touches. it's one sided and it's tournament football and at this stage you get quite a variation in quality, but I suspect france will look good against much better sides.

I've had the game on; won't pretend I've watched every kick because I've been buzzing about about in and out of the room, but they've looked strong and very capable from what I've seen.

Some nice touches too, flicks here and there.

This could shape up to be an entertaining tournament if that's going to be the standard.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

world cup starts on friday on 22:03 - Jun 7 with 5368 viewslowhouseblue

world cup starts on friday on 20:57 - Jun 7 by lowhouseblue

well we're off. france are a decent side with bits of real quality. south korea no real test but let's face it, it's got to be better than division one ...

world cup starts on friday on 17:30 - Jun 8 with 5278 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Come on South Africa.....who by the way have a female Beckham lookalike playing for them!
[Post edited 8 Jun 2019 21:01]

world cup starts on friday on 18:54 - Jun 8 with 5260 viewslowhouseblue

world cup starts on friday on 17:30 - Jun 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Come on South Africa.....who by the way have a female Beckham lookalike playing for them!

south africa were exciting in the first half, but have rather imploded. good game to watch though.

world cup starts on friday on 20:53 - Jun 8 with 5246 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

world cup starts on friday on 18:54 - Jun 8 by lowhouseblue

south africa were exciting in the first half, but have rather imploded. good game to watch though.

Yep pace to burn but less in the way of composure.

world cup starts on friday on 12:55 - Jun 9 with 5122 viewsfooters

Well, what a sickener that was for me and my little bao buns. A one-nil loss to the second favourites is no shame but we'll have to improve on our attacking and pressing. A mere five on target simply won't cut it when we come up against more beatable teams.

My congratulations to brazil1982 and his team of young guns.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 13:01]

world cup starts on friday on 16:11 - Jun 9 with 5069 viewslowhouseblue

world cup starts on friday on 12:55 - Jun 9 by footers

Well, what a sickener that was for me and my little bao buns. A one-nil loss to the second favourites is no shame but we'll have to improve on our attacking and pressing. A mere five on target simply won't cut it when we come up against more beatable teams.

My congratulations to brazil1982 and his team of young guns.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 13:01]

brazil look classy. there have already been some decent sides.

china were pretty dirty though.

world cup starts on friday on 16:23 - Jun 9 with 5062 viewsfooters

world cup starts on friday on 16:11 - Jun 9 by lowhouseblue

brazil look classy. there have already been some decent sides.

china were pretty dirty though.

Bolton-esque at times. Still, could be to our advantage, few MM grind-it-out games just to progress in what is a tough group.

Brazilian footballers looking classy? Whatever next...

world cup starts on friday on 19:57 - Jun 10 with 4884 viewsSpruceMoose

COME ON YOU MOUNTIES!!

world cup starts on friday on 20:46 - Jun 10 with 4871 viewslinhdi

world cup starts on friday on 17:30 - Jun 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Great spot. That's defo a young Beckham!
world cup starts on friday on 21:14 - Jun 11 with 4657 viewslowhouseblue

world cup starts on friday on 13:04 - Jun 3 by BlueBadger

Yeah, go on, I'm in.

at the end of the first round of games it all looks good. france, usa, brazil all look very good. on their first half showing england are up there as well. there have been some unbalanced games (usa thailand as i type) but the last 16 is going to be very competitive. when some of the better teams are up against each other it's going to be a good tournament.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024