Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Respect the office 16:30 - Jun 3 with 5637 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Isn't there enough to worry about in the UK without moaning about who Americans democratically elect as their president?

Corbyn and Khan are a disgrace

Respect the office on 16:31 - Jun 3 with 2098 viewsfooters

US or UK version?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Respect the office on 16:32 - Jun 3 with 2096 viewswkj

I see what you did there

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Respect the office on 16:34 - Jun 3 with 2071 viewsSpruceMoose

*with a little Russian help.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Respect the office on 16:39 - Jun 3 with 2054 viewsPrideOfTheEast

It's ridiculous isn't it.
Respect the office on 16:41 - Jun 3 with 2047 viewsitfcjoe

In fairness, Trump is a disgrace too.

But, where do people find the time to protest - have they nothing better to do when he is here for a state visit?

Although I do think the guy who made a cock in his field on the flightpath is pretty funny - but the balloon is pathetic.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Respect the office on 16:43 - Jun 3 with 2032 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Respect the office on 16:39 - Jun 3 by PrideOfTheEast

It's ridiculous isn't it.

Yes, although 90% of my friends voted the other way and may not like him, everyone accepted the result and can try and change the office next time. Whatever you think of him, he is the president of our greatest ally. Also what has US domestic polices got to do with the likes of Khan? Stay in your lane and get your own city in order. On the D day anniversaries as well, what's going on over there!
Respect the office on 17:04 - Jun 3 with 1971 viewsSarge

Why? Yes he’s the president, but that doesn’t give him a free pass to act like a pig. Frankly if I was an American I’d be embarrassed to have him conducting ‘diplomacy’ on my behalf. If you excuse the man because of his office, you allow him to get away with whatever he wants. He appears to have little respect for the office of the Mayor of London, the office of the Mayor of New York City, the office of the preceding President and so on.
Respect the office on 17:06 - Jun 3 with 1974 viewsSomethingBlue

Isn't there enough for *you* to worry about without being an apologist for Donald Trump? Wrong side of history mate — wrong side.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 17:06]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Respect the office on 17:08 - Jun 3 with 1953 viewsGunnsAirkick

Respect the office on 16:43 - Jun 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yes, although 90% of my friends voted the other way and may not like him, everyone accepted the result and can try and change the office next time. Whatever you think of him, he is the president of our greatest ally. Also what has US domestic polices got to do with the likes of Khan? Stay in your lane and get your own city in order. On the D day anniversaries as well, what's going on over there!

Yet Trump wading in on the Conservative Leadership race and Brexit is alright? Talking up his mate Chariman Nige in the process?

He's given Khan a load of c**p over the last few months, I suppose he should just take that and not speak up for himself? The man is a oafish bully, f**k him.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 17:09]
Respect the office on 17:10 - Jun 3 with 1947 viewsJ2BLUE

Respect the office on 16:41 - Jun 3 by itfcjoe

In fairness, Trump is a disgrace too.

But, where do people find the time to protest - have they nothing better to do when he is here for a state visit?

Although I do think the guy who made a cock in his field on the flightpath is pretty funny - but the balloon is pathetic.

Completely agree. I hate the balloon but the cock, fair play it's quite funny.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Respect the office on 17:10 - Jun 3 with 1947 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Respect the office on 17:06 - Jun 3 by SomethingBlue

Isn't there enough for *you* to worry about without being an apologist for Donald Trump? Wrong side of history mate — wrong side.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 17:06]

I don't like the bloke or much of what he does (although the economy is flying out here) but this is a direct comment on the reaction to his visit. We've rolled the red carpet out for far worse and the US is clearly our most important ally on the world stage, especially now. I am not sure these people understand how international relations work.
Respect the office on 17:10 - Jun 3 with 1942 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Trumps daughter / adviser is Jewish, of course Corbyn isnt happy.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Respect the office on 17:15 - Jun 3 with 1926 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Respect the office on 17:04 - Jun 3 by Sarge

Why? Yes he’s the president, but that doesn’t give him a free pass to act like a pig. Frankly if I was an American I’d be embarrassed to have him conducting ‘diplomacy’ on my behalf. If you excuse the man because of his office, you allow him to get away with whatever he wants. He appears to have little respect for the office of the Mayor of London, the office of the Mayor of New York City, the office of the preceding President and so on.

He is the president of the USA so therefore he should get presidential treatment. If you don't agree with him then sit down and talk (you know like how international relations works) about it rather than snub the visit of an ally. If it was up to Corbyn he would not have it a tall. That's not in the UK's interests whatever you think of the bloke.

When it comes to Khan he is also correct but that's just my opinion.
Respect the office on 17:17 - Jun 3 with 1916 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Respect the office on 17:10 - Jun 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I don't like the bloke or much of what he does (although the economy is flying out here) but this is a direct comment on the reaction to his visit. We've rolled the red carpet out for far worse and the US is clearly our most important ally on the world stage, especially now. I am not sure these people understand how international relations work.

I agree, its a very short sighted approach.

Although at least for once Corbyn has got off the fence, LOL.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Respect the office on 17:17 - Jun 3 with 1916 viewsGunnsAirkick

Respect the office on 17:10 - Jun 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I agree with that, we have rolled out the carpet for the Saudi Royal Family, Pinochet and Xi Jinping to name a few (all countries they represent have/had appalling Human Rights records). I still don't believe that means this visit shouldn't have its own scrutiny though.
Respect the office on 17:17 - Jun 3 with 1918 viewsSpruceMoose

If Trump himself doesn't even respect the office, why should the rest of the world? Respect is earned, not given. He has never done anything worthy of respect. Quite the opposite.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Respect the office on 17:21 - Jun 3 with 1897 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Respect the office on 17:17 - Jun 3 by GunnsAirkick

I agree with that, we have rolled out the carpet for the Saudi Royal Family, Pinochet and Xi Jinping to name a few (all countries they represent have/had appalling Human Rights records). I still don't believe that means this visit shouldn't have its own scrutiny though.

Yes fine, debate it, scrutinize it but this is bigger than the individual, to not have the visit at all would be wrong and not within Britain's interest. I assume that is what people are protesting about, him being there in the first place.

It's a clear indication as well that Corbyn would not do what is fit for Britain as a PM. He would be an utter disaster.
Respect the office on 17:23 - Jun 3 with 1888 viewsreusersfreekicks

Respect the office on 17:15 - Jun 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

He is the president of the USA so therefore he should get presidential treatment. If you don't agree with him then sit down and talk (you know like how international relations works) about it rather than snub the visit of an ally. If it was up to Corbyn he would not have it a tall. That's not in the UK's interests whatever you think of the bloke.

When it comes to Khan he is also correct but that's just my opinion.

Khan has more integrity in his little finger than Trump. Trump has done some appalling things since taking office not least of which is stirring up racial prejudice and conflict.
Respect the office on 17:27 - Jun 3 with 1872 viewsJ2BLUE

Respect the office on 17:21 - Jun 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Yes fine, debate it, scrutinize it but this is bigger than the individual, to not have the visit at all would be wrong and not within Britain's interest. I assume that is what people are protesting about, him being there in the first place.

It's a clear indication as well that Corbyn would not do what is fit for Britain as a PM. He would be an utter disaster.

It really annoys me when these protest groups say they are speaking for Britain. I bet there is a large chunk of the country who see the reasoning behind his visit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Respect the office on 17:27 - Jun 3 with 1869 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Respect the office on 17:17 - Jun 3 by SpruceMoose

If Trump himself doesn't even respect the office, why should the rest of the world? Respect is earned, not given. He has never done anything worthy of respect. Quite the opposite.

Again it's bigger than the individual. Whatever you think of him you must have the visit and keep relations close with the US
Respect the office on 17:29 - Jun 3 with 1854 viewsfooters

Respect the office on 17:27 - Jun 3 by J2BLUE

It really annoys me when these protest groups say they are speaking for Britain. I bet there is a large chunk of the country who see the reasoning behind his visit.

He's come to grab some hot British pussies.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Respect the office on 17:34 - Jun 3 with 1829 viewsreusersfreekicks

Respect the office on 17:27 - Jun 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Again it's bigger than the individual. Whatever you think of him you must have the visit and keep relations close with the US

A visit ok. A state visit nope. Feck the moron
Respect the office on 17:34 - Jun 3 with 1827 viewsStokieBlue

Respect the office on 17:27 - Jun 3 by J2BLUE

You'll like this then:

"A Labour spokesman has said that party leader Jeremy Corbyn will attend and speak at the demonstration tomorrow against President Trump's state visit."

Don't remember him speaking at any demonstrations against the Chinese premiers visit. In fact he attended the state dinner for President Xi even though he's locked up millions of Uighurs in concentration camps as well many other things.

Trump is an idiot and a horrible human being but the double-standard is incredible but seemingly lost on many.

SB
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 17:36]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Respect the office on 17:35 - Jun 3 with 1823 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Respect the office on 17:34 - Jun 3 by reusersfreekicks

A visit ok. A state visit nope. Feck the moron

You'd be good at international relations.

You should join the Labour party (if you're not already a member that is)
Respect the office on 17:36 - Jun 3 with 1819 viewsSpruceMoose

Respect the office on 17:27 - Jun 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Meh. He's in the UK, he's getting his balls fondled. People get to protest him. Everyone should be happy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024