Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The end of CHange UK..... 13:46 - Jun 4 with 3696 viewsitfcjoe

Chucking their lot in with the Lib Dems

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/04/change-uk-poised-to-lose-at-lea

Been a poorly run party, they seemed to have the right people but just jumped too early and without enough in the background.

Good to see the LDs getting back into the mainstream though, always felt a more natural fit for me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The end of CHange UK..... on 13:50 - Jun 4 with 2477 viewsfooters

I like the fact that Chukka probably changed their name so it looked like his on the ballot paper... Yeah, yeah- we see ya.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The end of CHange UK..... on 13:50 - Jun 4 with 2477 viewsunbelievablue

Morons. Hilarious.

I'd love it if the LDs told em to naff right off.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

The end of CHange UK..... on 13:52 - Jun 4 with 2464 viewsitfcjoe

The end of CHange UK..... on 13:50 - Jun 4 by unbelievablue

Morons. Hilarious.

I'd love it if the LDs told em to naff right off.

I think it's a shame as they were some of the MPs who seemed to have spoken the most sense for a while and having to stick head above parapet in order to do so.

But they just seemed to get everything wrong - the name, the changes, the logo, the not being able to agree with anyone on remain side etc.

The end of CHange UK..... on 13:52 - Jun 4 with 2461 viewsBigManBlue

Fair play, they put conviction above career so can't fault them for that.

The execution has been pretty shambolic throughout however, and this looks like the way they can be most effective going forward.

Shame really, as I'd thought that Heidi would have made a lovely PM...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

The end of CHange UK..... on 13:54 - Jun 4 with 2446 viewsunbelievablue

The end of CHange UK..... on 13:52 - Jun 4 by BigManBlue

The execution has been pretty shambolic throughout however, and this looks like the way they can be most effective going forward.

The Tory defectors didn't even have the backbone to vote against May's EU bill or against her in the vote of confidence but were happy to jump ship.

The end of CHange UK..... on 13:56 - Jun 4 with 2433 viewsitfcjoe

The end of CHange UK..... on 13:54 - Jun 4 by unbelievablue

The Tory defectors didn't even have the backbone to vote against May's EU bill or against her in the vote of confidence but were happy to jump ship.

They seemed to tie themselves in knots to trying to game the system.

They should have just gone to the LDs in first place

The end of CHange UK..... on 13:57 - Jun 4 with 2421 viewsunbelievablue

The end of CHange UK..... on 13:52 - Jun 4 by itfcjoe

I think it's a shame as they were some of the MPs who seemed to have spoken the most sense for a while and having to stick head above parapet in order to do so.

But they just seemed to get everything wrong - the name, the changes, the logo, the not being able to agree with anyone on remain side etc.

Was inevitable.

The end of CHange UK..... on 13:58 - Jun 4 with 2420 viewsLuk38644

CHUK and The Brexit Party both have really interesting futures due to the fact that they have cross party ideals but a common view on one issue. How does that carry into a general election? How do you get Soubry to agree on policy with Chuka? How do you get Claire Fox to agree on policy with Farage?
Login to get fewer ads

The end of CHange UK..... on 13:58 - Jun 4 with 2413 viewsvapour_trail

The end of CHange UK..... on 13:52 - Jun 4 by itfcjoe

A shower of opportunist sh1t who massively misjudged the mood.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:02 - Jun 4 with 2381 viewsflimflam

The end of CHange UK..... on 13:52 - Jun 4 by BigManBlue

Not really put anything before their career, in fact they are now realising they fooked up and are desperately trying to save them. Opportunists who think they are better than what they are and have been shown up for what they really are.

If they held local elections to re-enforce their positions they won while under a different banner then I may had a little bit of respect for them.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 14:06]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:06 - Jun 4 with 2349 viewsLuk38644

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:02 - Jun 4 by flimflam

Not really put anything before their career, in fact they are now realising they fooked up and are desperately trying to save them. Opportunists who think they are better than what they are and have been shown up for what they really are.

If they held local elections to re-enforce their positions they won while under a different banner then I may had a little bit of respect for them.

The minute an election happens in Soubry's constituency, she's a goner, they hate her!
The end of CHange UK..... on 14:07 - Jun 4 with 2342 viewsBigManBlue

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:02 - Jun 4 by flimflam

I'll give you that, they should have held by-elections. Not sure why this isn't compulsory when someone defects, but that's a bit beside the point. I meant it more in the sense that the majority were in relatively safe seats for their respective parties (Soubry aside, of course), they could have kept quiet if all they were worried about was re-election and cashing a paycheck.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 14:11]

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:10 - Jun 4 with 2324 viewsflimflam

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:06 - Jun 4 by Luk38644

The minute an election happens in Soubry's constituency, she's a goner, they hate her!

Looking forward to Thursdays by election in Peterborough.

Will give a good indication of whats to come in any GE if they screw up Brexit again.

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:14 - Jun 4 with 2306 viewsflimflam

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:07 - Jun 4 by BigManBlue

I'll give you that, they should have held by-elections. Not sure why this isn't compulsory when someone defects, but that's a bit beside the point. I meant it more in the sense that the majority were in relatively safe seats for their respective parties (Soubry aside, of course), they could have kept quiet if all they were worried about was re-election and cashing a paycheck.

I hate the sliimey weasels Sourface and Chakka Demus so deserve all they get.

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:14 - Jun 4 with 2303 viewsGeoffSentence

They will need to get in qucik if any of them fancy a shot at Lib Dem leadership.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:15 - Jun 4 with 2296 viewsSpruceMoose

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:10 - Jun 4 by flimflam

Looking forward to Thursdays by election in Peterborough.

Will give a good indication of whats to come in any GE if they screw up Brexit again.

I'll be laughing at Peterborough if they elect an MP from a party without any policies.

Peterborough's demise will be a great learning lesson for the Brexit Party supporters. A nice little demo of the failure that follows supporting these clowns.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:16 - Jun 4 with 2291 viewsfooters

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:15 - Jun 4 by SpruceMoose

I'll be laughing at Peterborough if they elect an MP from a party without any policies.

Peterborough's demise will be a great learning lesson for the Brexit Party supporters. A nice little demo of the failure that follows supporting these clowns.

Never underestimate the self-loathing of the people in Peterborough. Just look at where they choose to live.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:18 - Jun 4 with 2288 viewsSpruceMoose

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:16 - Jun 4 by footers

Never underestimate the self-loathing of the people in Peterborough. Just look at where they choose to live.

It'll be fantastic when the Brexit Party MP has their first surgery and voters begin to realise they've done the equivalent of sh!tting in their own hands then clapping.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:21 - Jun 4 with 2272 viewsBackToRussia

Ha

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

The end of CHange UK..... on 16:48 - Jun 4 with 2133 viewsJ2BLUE

Change UK implodes and the world barely notices. Chuka seems to think hes far more important than he is. In interviews he always looks good until he's challenged and suddenly he's like a spoilt child being told off.

Whatever the question is, he isn't the answer. Neither is Soubry. She should have remained in the Tories to fight Brexit from the inside. After all, isn't the argument that we're better off inside the EU pushing for reform from the inside?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The end of CHange UK..... on 17:12 - Jun 4 with 2076 viewsWeWereZombies

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:07 - Jun 4 by BigManBlue

'Not sure why this isn't compulsory when someone defects'

Because you elect a Member of Parliament to represent you what ever party they are in and whatever party you support. A decent MP will not worry about your political background if you come to them with a pressing problem that affects you, especially if it is relevant to their constituency.

Unfortunately party politics have developed in a such a way as to undermine representative democracy and some MPs completely ignore constituents who are not supporters of their party. Not good for democracy.

It will certainly be interesting to see if Soubry is re-elected - obviously she got in once so her constituency cannot completely hate her as much as another poster suggested. Those who see how she operates locally will know better if she is an opportunist or a woman of principle. She certainly seems to be a resolute character.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The end of CHange UK..... on 17:16 - Jun 4 with 2067 viewsKievthegreat

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:14 - Jun 4 by GeoffSentence

They will need to get in qucik if any of them fancy a shot at Lib Dem leadership.

They needn't bother. I doubt they'd get more than a few thousand votes if they're lucky.
The end of CHange UK..... on 17:16 - Jun 4 with 2066 viewsPlums

The end of CHange UK..... on 14:06 - Jun 4 by Luk38644

She wasn’t liked before Brexit but somehow her local celeb status got her elected.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

The end of CHange UK..... on 17:17 - Jun 4 with 2064 viewsflimflam

The end of CHange UK..... on 17:12 - Jun 4 by WeWereZombies

'Not sure why this isn't compulsory when someone defects'

Because you elect a Member of Parliament to represent you what ever party they are in and whatever party you support. A decent MP will not worry about your political background if you come to them with a pressing problem that affects you, especially if it is relevant to their constituency.

Unfortunately party politics have developed in a such a way as to undermine representative democracy and some MPs completely ignore constituents who are not supporters of their party. Not good for democracy.

It will certainly be interesting to see if Soubry is re-elected - obviously she got in once so her constituency cannot completely hate her as much as another poster suggested. Those who see how she operates locally will know better if she is an opportunist or a woman of principle. She certainly seems to be a resolute character.

She would be lucky to come in third place if she had to rerun for her seat.

The end of CHange UK..... on 17:18 - Jun 4 with 2063 viewsballycastle

Chuka is a slippery as an Eel in Castrol, if he joins the Lib dems it could backfire on the party.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024