Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump played his hand on the NHS 14:51 - Jun 4 with 1425 viewsCoco

The absolute c£&t. Using the well-being on the people of the uk to leverage financial gain. Riots if this asshole messes with that.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 15:03 - Jun 4 with 1386 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump isn't complex. He likes the people who are nice to him, and he has a tantrum about the people who criticise him.

He doesn't know how to make a deal, he knows how to storm out of a room.

He's a TV character, not a serious businessman or politician. Basically, the US has Piers Morgan in charge.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 15:07 - Jun 4 with 1369 viewsBlueBadger

Also: bonus shout-out to everyone who voted 'leave' and has enabled this to happen.

Enjoy your blue passports and lack of foreigners.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 15:09]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 15:07 - Jun 4 with 1357 viewsBlueBadger

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 15:03 - Jun 4 by SpruceMoose

Trump isn't complex. He likes the people who are nice to him, and he has a tantrum about the people who criticise him.

He doesn't know how to make a deal, he knows how to storm out of a room.

He's a TV character, not a serious businessman or politician. Basically, the US has Piers Morgan in charge.

Does he post on here under the username 'Pickles'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 15:42 - Jun 4 with 1283 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sometimes you just have to acknowledge the genius of the Twitterati (Twitterites, Twitterers?)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 16:06 - Jun 4 with 1232 viewsNo9

IT is going to be an ideological battle that will determine the next tory leader

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/foreign-affairs/brexit/news/104349/watch-do

On the radio this afternoon one commentator (after the PC) said the tory leader who bends to Trump on this will not be the tory leader very long

???
Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:14 - Jun 4 with 1155 viewsvapour_trail

Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit of a non story?

Lots of companies have access to the nhs. My father in law is a director of a German company that sell products into the thing, following a highly complex and frustrating procurement hoop jumping process.

Has someone said we’re going to sell trump all our hospitals today so that he can charge entry fees at the door to a&e?

Edit: riots my arse.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 18:14]

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:18 - Jun 4 with 1143 viewsDanTheMan

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:14 - Jun 4 by vapour_trail

Lots of companies have access to the nhs. My father in law is a director of a German company that sell products into the thing, following a highly complex and frustrating procurement hoop jumping process.

Has someone said we’re going to sell trump all our hospitals today so that he can charge entry fees at the door to a&e?

I am worried that once we leave all the protections will be torn down and certain groups who are becoming increasingly popular will push for a US model.

I don't trust the American healthcare giants in all honesty.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:20 - Jun 4 with 1132 viewsBlueBadger

This isn't just products. It'll be whole services, wards and hospitals going over to private sector running.
A private sector that's liklet to be keen on removing all sorts of protections for employees and patients alike.

Login to get fewer ads

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:20 - Jun 4 with 1131 viewscrunchie1978

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 15:07 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

Also: bonus shout-out to everyone who voted 'leave' and has enabled this to happen.

I'm looking forward to it....cant wait!
Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:22 - Jun 4 with 1121 viewsvapour_trail

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:20 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

This isn't just products. It'll be whole services, wards and hospitals going over to private sector running.
A private sector that's liklet to be keen on removing all sorts of protections for employees and patients alike.

Has anyone said that though? Even intimated it? On the British side.

Regardless, we’ll still be trying to get a deal with the yanks over the line in a decades time.

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:24 - Jun 4 with 1117 viewscrunchie1978

At last some common sense on the matter.
Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:26 - Jun 4 with 1109 viewsvapour_trail

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:24 - Jun 4 by crunchie1978

At last some common sense on the matter.

Oh no, I’ve gone wrong here haven’t I!

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:30 - Jun 4 with 1082 viewsDanTheMan

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:26 - Jun 4 by vapour_trail

I don't think you're wrong. You're right that that nobody really has any detail about what will be up for grabs if we were going to open up the NHS to the US.

I think people just look at what goes on in the US and fairly reasonable decide they don't want anything to do with that nonsense. I doubt that would be where we would end up unless something really radical happens but I could certainly see things like wards being privatised.

You only have to look at some of the prison service stuff recently to see what could go wrong there.

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:34 - Jun 4 with 1055 viewsvapour_trail

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:30 - Jun 4 by DanTheMan

I don't think you're wrong. You're right that that nobody really has any detail about what will be up for grabs if we were going to open up the NHS to the US.

I think people just look at what goes on in the US and fairly reasonable decide they don't want anything to do with that nonsense. I doubt that would be where we would end up unless something really radical happens but I could certainly see things like wards being privatised.

You only have to look at some of the prison service stuff recently to see what could go wrong there.

I’m joking about the crunch.

We trade with all sorts who do things differently to us. It doesn’t mean we adopt their practices over here. Our disadvantage will be we negotiate as a nation state rather than as a block of 27 nation states so we will find it infinitely more difficult to get preferable terms.

That still doesn’t follow we hand over the NHS.

It just follows that we will be collectively poorer.

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:35 - Jun 4 with 1046 viewsDanTheMan

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:34 - Jun 4 by vapour_trail

I’m joking about the crunch.

We trade with all sorts who do things differently to us. It doesn’t mean we adopt their practices over here. Our disadvantage will be we negotiate as a nation state rather than as a block of 27 nation states so we will find it infinitely more difficult to get preferable terms.

That still doesn’t follow we hand over the NHS.

It just follows that we will be collectively poorer.

I think the fact we are weaker would make it more likely we'd do things like privatising more than we'd like more likely to happen. As they'd be the only cards you'd have to play.

Going to be a wild few years.

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:39 - Jun 4 with 1031 viewsvapour_trail

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:35 - Jun 4 by DanTheMan

I think the fact we are weaker would make it more likely we'd do things like privatising more than we'd like more likely to happen. As they'd be the only cards you'd have to play.

Going to be a wild few years.

We can choose that, or we can choose not to, and end up poorer still.

Nobody has said we will though.

I’m sure our brexit brethren will gladly take the hit.

Anyway I’m off for some chlorinated coq au vin.

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:40 - Jun 4 with 1028 viewsBloomBlue

Getting cheaper pharmaceuticals would be good for the NHS, and the NHS needs a reform they waste millions.
Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:41 - Jun 4 with 1008 viewschiddley

Codswallop this here thread.

Poll: The best joke petition of the last few days

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:43 - Jun 4 with 999 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 15:07 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

Best vote in people who won't enable that to happen I suppose.
As an aside can somebody explain to me if protectionism is meant to be good or bad....the message seems to be American protectionism bad, EU protectionism good.....help a confused gardener ouf somebody!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:44 - Jun 4 with 992 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:20 - Jun 4 by BlueBadger

Worked well for the railways. And any other privatised thing you can think of.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:48 - Jun 4 with 971 viewsjeera

You've gone and nailed your colours to the mast there fella!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Trump played his hand on the NHS on 18:50 - Jun 4 with 965 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Welcome to my world.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024