Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peterborough by election will it be a game changer 17:07 - Jun 4 with 1602 viewsPinewoodblue

What chances the remain vote all goes to Lib Dems?
The principle of Labour voters going over to LibDems seems established any chance of the Green vote going the same way? Will the Tory candidate finish 4th or 5th.

We live in strange times, none of these things seemed possible just a few months ago.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 17:16 - Jun 4 with 1568 viewsSpruceMoose

I'll laugh my c0ck off if they elect a Brexit Party MP.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 17:34 - Jun 4 with 1544 viewsGuthrum

Depends whether people actually vote for an MP, or if they just treat it as yet another ersatz Brexit referendum.

Labour and Conservatives were virtually tied in 2017, but both were vastly ahead of anyone else (both 22k+, against the LibDems' 1,594 and Greens' 848). There wasn't a UKIP candidate that year, but in 2015 they recorded 15%. In the three elections up to 2010, the LibDems recorded between 14.5% and 19.6%, so a swing back to them could make up a fair bit of ground.

If enough people take it seriously, then I could see a Labour hold with reduced vote share but larger majority, good showings for LibDems and BP taking more from the Conservatives than Labour. Maybe Lab 30% Con 20% BP 20% LDs 20% others 10%.

If too many don't, BP stand a good chance of winning. With perhaps the LDs second.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 17:35 - Jun 4 with 1542 viewsGuthrum

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 17:16 - Jun 4 by SpruceMoose

I'll laugh my c0ck off if they elect a Brexit Party MP.

Tho, of course, Farage is not standing himself.

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 17:54 - Jun 4 with 1511 viewslowhouseblue

if labour get to polling day without having to suspend their candidate they will consider it a success.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 17:58 - Jun 4 with 1497 viewsbrogansnose

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 17:54 - Jun 4 by lowhouseblue

if labour get to polling day without having to suspend their candidate they will consider it a success.

...............ooohh, another one with clumsy ' I didn't mean to like that ' finger syndrome.

Yeah, yeah................
Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 18:01 - Jun 4 with 1484 viewsActionMan

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 17:34 - Jun 4 by Guthrum

Depends whether people actually vote for an MP, or if they just treat it as yet another ersatz Brexit referendum.

Labour and Conservatives were virtually tied in 2017, but both were vastly ahead of anyone else (both 22k+, against the LibDems' 1,594 and Greens' 848). There wasn't a UKIP candidate that year, but in 2015 they recorded 15%. In the three elections up to 2010, the LibDems recorded between 14.5% and 19.6%, so a swing back to them could make up a fair bit of ground.

If enough people take it seriously, then I could see a Labour hold with reduced vote share but larger majority, good showings for LibDems and BP taking more from the Conservatives than Labour. Maybe Lab 30% Con 20% BP 20% LDs 20% others 10%.

If too many don't, BP stand a good chance of winning. With perhaps the LDs second.

Why would anyone vote Labour there after their last Labour MP was an outright criminal (and loon). It will be Brexit Party vs Lib-Dems.
Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 18:01 - Jun 4 with 1486 viewsBlueBadger

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 17:35 - Jun 4 by Guthrum

Tho, of course, Farage is not standing himself.

Which probably means that they either don't think they can win it, have no credible candidates or can't be arsed actually writing a manifesto.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 18:05 - Jun 4 with 1459 viewsGuthrum

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 18:01 - Jun 4 by ActionMan

Why would anyone vote Labour there after their last Labour MP was an outright criminal (and loon). It will be Brexit Party vs Lib-Dems.

People generally vote more on party allegience than personality. They shouldn't, but they do.

Login to get fewer ads

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 18:06 - Jun 4 with 1458 viewslowhouseblue

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 17:58 - Jun 4 by brogansnose

...............ooohh, another one with clumsy ' I didn't mean to like that ' finger syndrome.

Yeah, yeah................

it's odd isn't it. their houses must be full of stuff they bought on eBay without actually meaning to bid.

perhaps the party should have a rule about the minimum font size that members can set their screen to?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 18:16 - Jun 4 with 1423 viewsbrogansnose

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 18:06 - Jun 4 by lowhouseblue

it's odd isn't it. their houses must be full of stuff they bought on eBay without actually meaning to bid.

perhaps the party should have a rule about the minimum font size that members can set their screen to?

If I was a cynical type, I'd say it was a bit of a trend.

Surely not ?
Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 18:16 - Jun 4 with 1423 viewspositivity

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 18:01 - Jun 4 by ActionMan

people tend to look at the bigger picture, loads voted for the brexit party despite all the loons in there!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 18:21 - Jun 4 with 1412 viewsBlueBadger

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 18:16 - Jun 4 by positivity

people tend to look at the bigger picture, loads voted for the brexit party despite all the loons in there!

In all fairness though, there's a fair few on here who voted for them BECAUSE of all the bigots and loons.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2019 18:21]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 07:00 - Jun 5 with 1193 viewsRIPbobby

Peterborough is a very multi national city so unlikely for brexit party to get the seat, but you never know with a high turnout.
Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 07:12 - Jun 5 with 1183 viewsballycastle

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 17:54 - Jun 4 by lowhouseblue

Oh come on! The by election is this week, it takes at least a year for the current labour movement to act on anti Semitism.
Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 09:10 - Jun 5 with 1089 viewsflimflam

Peterborough by election will it be a game changer on 07:00 - Jun 5 by RIPbobby

Peterborough is a very multi national city so unlikely for brexit party to get the seat, but you never know with a high turnout.

Looks like the bookies have called it.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/01/brexit-party-course-win-peterborough-election-boo

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024