Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Wood 09:27 - Jun 5 with 56754 viewswkj

I was having a chat with the person who tends the various patches of common land this morning and he reckons you're allowed no wood in the gardening waste wheelie bin. Bit rubbish isn't it if you can't put limbs and the sort in the brown bin?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 19:16]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

No wood on 15:16 - Jun 7 with 4916 viewswkj

No wood on 14:18 - Jun 7 by footers

This is one of the best posts I may have ever read on TWTD. It amuses me in so many ways that I can't begin to start.

Many thanks, Oldsmoker.

I think smoker and PJH should start a podcast and just talk for an hour about life and things. I'd subscribe

Crybaby

No wood on 15:22 - Jun 7 with 4913 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No wood on 14:18 - Jun 7 by footers

This is one of the best posts I may have ever read on TWTD. It amuses me in so many ways that I can't begin to start.

Many thanks, Oldsmoker.

I know, who would have thought that wood lice could turn some dodgy guys into useful compost in such short order!

.....and wkj you could have created yourself a lovely summer house......

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

No wood on 15:28 - Jun 7 with 4903 viewsfooters

No wood on 15:22 - Jun 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

I know, who would have thought that wood lice could turn some dodgy guys into useful compost in such short order!

I can actually rustle up a pretty mean bivouac, buh! Perhaps one day we could go traipsing about the woods together, looking for some fungal friends...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

No wood on 16:13 - Jun 7 with 4886 viewswkj

No wood on 15:22 - Jun 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Summer house? Where I live this would be seen as a luxury family home

Crybaby

No wood on 10:21 - Jun 8 with 4851 viewswkj

Many thanks for the help on this one and all of the PMS. The bloke from hatcheston turned up in his Peugeot Parner this morning granted my wish for a garden with no wood.

I thought I would share the before and after shots of the garden with all those involved.

Crybaby

No wood on 10:25 - Jun 8 with 4842 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No wood on 10:21 - Jun 8 by wkj

Many thanks for the help on this one and all of the PMS. The bloke from hatcheston turned up in his Peugeot Parner this morning granted my wish for a garden with no wood.

I thought I would share the before and after shots of the garden with all those involved.

How big is your brown/green bin!

No wood on 10:26 - Jun 8 with 4842 viewsfooters

No wood on 10:21 - Jun 8 by wkj

Has the lucky man made any comment about the quality of the hazel yet?

Garden looking v good w no wood in it. Congratulations. Enjoy.

No wood on 10:35 - Jun 8 with 4834 viewswkj

No wood on 10:25 - Jun 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

How big is your brown/green bin!

Standard sized bin, which is just as well seems as they transfer no wood.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

No wood on 10:49 - Jun 8 with 4828 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No wood on 10:26 - Jun 8 by footers

Lucky he didn't notice it's silver birch!

No wood on 10:19 - Jun 9 with 4775 viewswkj

No wood on 10:49 - Jun 8 by BanksterDebtSlave

Lucky he didn't notice it's silver birch!

My pile was full of many secrets. Sliver birch was just the tip of the arborberg

Crybaby

No wood on 10:07 - Jun 10 with 4745 viewswkj

No wood on 10:26 - Jun 8 by footers

Thanks hun, sorry I didn't catch this reply before. I will enjoy, nothing cements my status as a man of the world than a nice lush green lawn. God help any little scroat or cat that trys to walk on it though, I will be on my patio with my Remington cocked and loaded, we're not having a repeat of 2015, not on my watch.

Crybaby

No wood on 11:11 - Jun 10 with 4732 viewsfooters

No wood on 10:07 - Jun 10 by wkj

Thanks hun, sorry I didn't catch this reply before. I will enjoy, nothing cements my status as a man of the world than a nice lush green lawn. God help any little scroat or cat that trys to walk on it though, I will be on my patio with my Remington cocked and loaded, we're not having a repeat of 2015, not on my watch.

No problem. I'm the patient sort.

Did that bloke offer you anything in return for the hazel? I know you shouldn't give gifts and hope for something in return, but he could have offered you some cut-price tickets or something for your trouble?

Or I guess you're just happy with a garden with no wood in it.

No wood on 11:42 - Jun 10 with 4711 viewsBangor31

No wood on 09:39 - Jun 5 by wkj

Usually that would be something I do but hazel is the wood in question and it's not a smoker wood sadly

is it thin bits of Hazel? if so best type of kindling about

thick bits, Hazel is one of the most sought after logs for a fire
No wood on 12:33 - Jun 10 with 4700 viewswkj

No wood on 11:11 - Jun 10 by footers

No problem. I'm the patient sort.

Did that bloke offer you anything in return for the hazel? I know you shouldn't give gifts and hope for something in return, but he could have offered you some cut-price tickets or something for your trouble?

Or I guess you're just happy with a garden with no wood in it.

@Bangor31 - I was iff about using hazel wood to smoke meat with, apparently there is a group who do, though I don't think i'd fancy it to be frank.

As for the bloke at Hatcheston, he barked he appreciation to me and offered me a lovely a chance to branch out with kids enter free coupon for every adult paying full price which I thought was a good chip off the price one would usually have to stump up. That said, it was plane to see that he was peering in to my house from his Peugeot Partner for a good 10 minutes before knocking on the door so I suspect he clocked on to the fact that I have no saplings, so, he was quite possibly a bit of a plank offering a hallow gesture.

At the end of the day I am just pleased I no longer have knots in my stomach and I can enjoy no wood in my garden.

Crybaby

No wood on 12:45 - Jun 10 with 4687 viewsWeWereZombies

No wood on 12:33 - Jun 10 by wkj

@Bangor31 - I was iff about using hazel wood to smoke meat with, apparently there is a group who do, though I don't think i'd fancy it to be frank.

As for the bloke at Hatcheston, he barked he appreciation to me and offered me a lovely a chance to branch out with kids enter free coupon for every adult paying full price which I thought was a good chip off the price one would usually have to stump up. That said, it was plane to see that he was peering in to my house from his Peugeot Partner for a good 10 minutes before knocking on the door so I suspect he clocked on to the fact that I have no saplings, so, he was quite possibly a bit of a plank offering a hallow gesture.

At the end of the day I am just pleased I no longer have knots in my stomach and I can enjoy no wood in my garden.

Hasketon bloke, not late seventies and looking longingly at your larder, was he? Quite a tan? Beware of being moved into the 'share' or 'shafted' zone...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

No wood on 12:45 - Jun 10 with 4687 viewsActionMan

Thread title could be a great TWTD/EADT headline when Norwood ends up signing elsewhere!
No wood on 12:47 - Jun 10 with 4685 viewswkj

No wood on 12:45 - Jun 10 by ActionMan

Thread title could be a great TWTD/EADT headline when Norwood ends up signing elsewhere!

That would be an awful scenario, and quite the foreshadowed coincidence I must admit.

Crybaby

No wood on 12:49 - Jun 10 with 4682 viewsActionMan

No wood on 12:47 - Jun 10 by wkj

That would be an awful scenario, and quite the foreshadowed coincidence I must admit.

It's Ipswich, we should always be more worried about the strikers we sell/give away than the ones we're signing from my experience!
No wood on 13:10 - Jun 10 with 4667 viewsfooters

No wood on 12:33 - Jun 10 by wkj

Sounds like he really went out on a limb for you there. Hope he's not hauled over the coals and fired for his generosity though.

No wood on 13:12 - Jun 10 with 4666 viewsfooters

No wood on 12:45 - Jun 10 by WeWereZombies

Hasketon bloke, not late seventies and looking longingly at your larder, was he? Quite a tan? Beware of being moved into the 'share' or 'shafted' zone...

wkj's larder is fiercely guarded by his wife. He even has to ask for permission to enter (the larder)!

No wood on 13:21 - Jun 10 with 4661 viewswkj

No wood on 13:12 - Jun 10 by footers

wkj's larder is fiercely guarded by his wife. He even has to ask for permission to enter (the larder)!

She can dictate access to her larder all she likes, I control the fridge, I control the universe.

Crybaby

No wood on 20:20 - Jun 10 with 4634 viewswkj

Update: Bloke bought back all the wood in an irate state, turns out his boss wasn't happy that she got silver birch instead of hazel. So, sadly no wood went to Hatcheston, and I'm out a kids go free ticket.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 20:21]

Crybaby

No wood on 20:22 - Jun 10 with 4631 viewsBloomBlue

Is wood green? We're only allowed green waste
No wood on 20:22 - Jun 10 with 4630 viewsSpruceMoose

This thread is terrible.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

No wood on 20:24 - Jun 10 with 4628 viewswkj

No wood on 20:22 - Jun 10 by BloomBlue

Is wood green? We're only allowed green waste

It was a slight woody colour with a bit of silvery stuff on it

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024