Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An unusual request this, but bear with me.... 16:40 - Jun 5 with 1930 viewsEwan_Oozami

A few years ago, on this very forum, another poster and myself attempted to write some comedy - he came up with most of the ideas, and I wrote them down. Unfortunately we didn't get anywhere, mainly down to my poor advocacy. And, unfortunately due to increasing corporate security, I lost touch with him. Though we did meet up for a Fulham away game when we were in the PL where Jermaine Wright scored an equaliser I think.

Anyway I have converted what we did write into a comedy play, which is being performed at a local village hall by an amateur dramatic society not far from Ipswich this Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Now, I think his name was Iain, and he lived in Putney - which to my shame is all I can recall!

Basically I just wanted to let him know, that I will be submitting the play to a publishers and if it gets anywhere and other people pay to perform it, I'd like him to have half the writing credits and royalties, should that ever happen! So I need to know who he actually is - and in case you think you can get some easy money by declaring you are Spartacus, or Brian, or Iain, PM me and I'll ask some security questions that only my writing ex-colleague would know the answers to!

Not saying any more in this post as I have already gone further beyond the Frimley threshold than I intended!!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 17:29 - Jun 5 with 1808 viewscatch74

Good luck, comedy creation, could well be Feargal?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 17:32 - Jun 5 with 1792 viewsNthsuffolkblue

An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 17:29 - Jun 5 by catch74

Good luck, comedy creation, could well be Feargal?

No, the OP said it was comedy not a failed attempt at it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 17:34 - Jun 5 with 1785 viewsJ2BLUE

Classy stuff, well played

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 17:35 - Jun 5 with 1784 viewscatch74

An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 17:32 - Jun 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

No, the OP said it was comedy not a failed attempt at it.

My mistake, good point.

An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 17:40 - Jun 5 with 1768 viewsEwan_Oozami

An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 17:35 - Jun 5 by catch74

My mistake, good point.

Apparently pre-sales aren't going brilliantly, so don't speak too soon!

Would be great if if a few posters were to, say, drive through a village north-east of Ipswich, happen to spot some signs, and go, "Ooh, that looks interesting, we're not washing our hair on Friday, let's stop off and buy a couple of tickets"

An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 17:57 - Jun 5 with 1733 viewscatch74

An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 17:40 - Jun 5 by Ewan_Oozami

Apparently pre-sales aren't going brilliantly, so don't speak too soon!

Would be great if if a few posters were to, say, drive through a village north-east of Ipswich, happen to spot some signs, and go, "Ooh, that looks interesting, we're not washing our hair on Friday, let's stop off and buy a couple of tickets"

You’re going to have to narrow the village down please!

It's not about the ghosts of Portman Road is it? (n/t) on 17:59 - Jun 5 with 1725 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 18:27 - Jun 5 with 1659 viewsDubtractor

I'm mostly intrigued by "increased corporate security "...

What's that all about?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 11:11 - Jun 6 with 1454 viewsEwan_Oozami

An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 18:27 - Jun 5 by Dubtractor

I'm mostly intrigued by "increased corporate security "...

What's that all about?

That was all about not allowing IM client protocols through the corporate firewall -

An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 11:16 - Jun 6 with 1442 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Nice to see that there are good people still out there.
I wish you every success with your play, let us know when your dates are and where it is. Always looking for something new to see.
Good luck
An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 12:35 - Jun 6 with 1352 viewsjeera

Ask around a bit:

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 12:58 - Jun 6 with 1307 viewsCheshire_Tractor

Congratulations on getting your play put on.

I had a play at this year's Ink festival in Halesworth. It's great to watch your own work performed and you learn such a lot about what works and what doesn't.

Hope it goes well
An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 14:49 - Jun 6 with 1246 viewsgordon

If you want to go meta you could perhaps employ some of the free-loading chancers on here to turn up at Haughley Village Hall in the middle of the play claiming that they are Ian from Putney and have them demanding all the profits from the half-time raffle etc.
An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 17:58 - Jun 6 with 1176 viewsEwan_Oozami

An unusual request this, but bear with me.... on 12:58 - Jun 6 by Cheshire_Tractor

Congratulations on getting your play put on.

I had a play at this year's Ink festival in Halesworth. It's great to watch your own work performed and you learn such a lot about what works and what doesn't.

Hope it goes well

Thanks! Though I wouldn't call it great - terrifying more like!

And yes, a lot of things I thought would work and be funny turned out to be too difficult to stage, such as the Camelot scene which I envisioned as great mythical scene but would have turned out like the Stonehenge scene from Spinal Tap, or the "It's only a model" from Holy Grail if we'd tried to realise it!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024