Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately 21:50 - Jun 5 with 3505 viewsMullet

What he says, simply and clearly though, from the place he's coming from puts a lot of the jingoistic nationalism and hatred to shame.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 08:03 - Jun 6 with 3329 viewsSWGF

WRT Mark Francois

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 08:18 - Jun 6 with 3310 viewsmeekreech

I think he is looking at brexit in the wrong way. The war was fought to preserve nations independence not unite them . Hitler had the aim of joining all of the nations into one block, a preview of the situation as it exists in Europe at present. The Germans have achieved what Hitler wanted to do but by economic warfare rather than military warfare.

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 10:34 - Jun 6 with 3258 viewsNo9

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 08:18 - Jun 6 by meekreech

I think he is looking at brexit in the wrong way. The war was fought to preserve nations independence not unite them . Hitler had the aim of joining all of the nations into one block, a preview of the situation as it exists in Europe at present. The Germans have achieved what Hitler wanted to do but by economic warfare rather than military warfare.

You have learned very little since 1944
This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 12:45 - Jun 6 with 3205 viewsLeaky

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 10:34 - Jun 6 by No9

The world's is diffent place from 1944 whether we are on the EU or not l feel war in Europe is virtually impoimpossible people have seen the damage done over 2 world wars
This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 12:46 - Jun 6 with 3202 viewsDanTheMan

No, he didn't. Where do people get this stuff?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 13:01 - Jun 6 with 3161 viewsNo9

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 12:45 - Jun 6 by Leaky

The world's is diffent place from 1944 whether we are on the EU or not l feel war in Europe is virtually impoimpossible people have seen the damage done over 2 world wars

I think you have missed the point
This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 13:36 - Jun 6 with 3121 viewsSwansea_Blue

And we still have that independence. Frankly, comparing Europe now to Nazi occupied territory is ridiculous and shows a complete lack of awareness of Europe. "The Germans have achieved what Hitler wanted to do". Good grief!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 14:10 - Jun 6 with 3075 viewsWaterfootblue

I seem to recall my father saying he volunteered to free Europe. If he were alive today I am certain he would struggle to understand attitudes towards the Europe he helped to free. I am very grateful that Europe is a much better place today than it was back then.
Login to get fewer ads

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 14:17 - Jun 6 with 3049 viewsreusersfreekicks

In it's own way a disgraceful post - shame on you
This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 14:43 - Jun 6 with 3014 viewsDubtractor

Pretty disgraceful post that.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 14:52 - Jun 6 with 3000 viewsDarth_Koont

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 12:45 - Jun 6 by Leaky

Germany and France fought 3 wars over a 70-year period. Yes, people learn from wars but the people who don't learn, come back even more deranged and entrenched.

I agree that we probably won't have anything like those European wars in the future, but the non-learners are just as extreme in their nationalism and racism.

Pronouns: He/Him

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 17:40 - Jun 6 with 2907 viewsMullet

I can only assume you have no idea what Hitler did or wanted to suggest the EU is any way, shape or form akin to Lebensraum or the branches of policy and aggression which spread from it such as pogroms, genocide and industrialised killings of soldiers and civilians alike.

Let alone the arrogance to speak on behalf of a veteran who was there and 75 years later can express himself so simply and clearly.

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 17:42 - Jun 6 with 2904 viewsSpruceMoose

This is the saddest post I've read on here for quite some time.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 17:46 - Jun 6 with 2899 viewschicoazul

I *think* I see what you mean and what you are getting at, but making a direct comparison between the EU and the Nazis goals is a bad opinion. The EU don't gas Jews.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 17:57 - Jun 6 with 2875 viewsBlueBadger

I understand that Nigel Farage has been marking D-Day by reminiscing about the time he addressed a far-right rally in Germany.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 17:57 - Jun 6 with 2871 viewsBlueBadger

I fear your final two words are superfluous.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 17:58 - Jun 6 with 2862 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Do you honestly believe that?

The war was fought to prevent Hitler and the Nazis from ruling Europe (their ultimate aim was the world) with their specific ideology.

The EU is an economic trading area that allows freedom of political rule within each member state. Why do you think each country has its own parliament and makes its own laws? Do you think Hitler would have sat back and allowed an election between the Conservatives, LibDems, Labour and the Green Party? Do you think he would have allowed individual countries to have a referendum on whether to leave his annex?

To compare the EU to Nazi Germany winning the war is only one step away from denying the holocaust in my book.

EDIT: I make this proof that Mullet was right in his OP. Those who should most take notice will simply ignore him or twist what he is saying to suit their own ideology.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 18:00]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 18:20 - Jun 6 with 2825 viewsROKERITE

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 17:46 - Jun 6 by chicoazul

I *think* I see what you mean and what you are getting at, but making a direct comparison between the EU and the Nazis goals is a bad opinion. The EU don't gas Jews.

No they don't but its leaders have created a situation in which Jews are now less safe in Europe than at any time since 1945.
This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 18:22 - Jun 6 with 2813 viewsSpruceMoose

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 18:20 - Jun 6 by ROKERITE

No they don't but its leaders have created a situation in which Jews are now less safe in Europe than at any time since 1945.

How have they done this and why is it more dangerous now than at any point since 1945?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 18:25 - Jun 6 with 2802 viewsMullet

Even if that was true (which it isn't) your bizarre raft of downvoting doesn't even tie in with this.

In what way have EU leaders done this? Do you mean leaders of countries within the EU have done so domestically? As that's a very different more interesting point.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 18:36]

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 18:34 - Jun 6 with 2766 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Please explain how the EU is less safe for Jews than Europe between 1945 and 1993?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 19:20 - Jun 6 with 2708 viewsDarth_Koont

Absolute nonsense.

Where do you get that from? People like Orban and the rest of the far-right are the biggest threat and they pretty much want out.

Pronouns: He/Him

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 14:59 - Jun 7 with 2551 viewsBlueBadger

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 17:42 - Jun 6 by SpruceMoose

This is the saddest post I've read on here for quite some time.

I just hope he didn't hurt his shoulder reaching for that analogy.

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 15:02 - Jun 7 with 2543 viewsSpruceMoose

This is the kind of post we need less of. Post blatantly inflammatory post to wind people up, immediately disappear and not provide any further answers.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 15:02]

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 15:02 - Jun 7 with 2542 viewsBluefish

This D Day veteran will be ignored unfortunately on 14:43 - Jun 6 by Dubtractor

Pretty disgraceful post that.

You are being a bit harsh mate. A brexiteer has finally had a go at a credible reason to support Brexit, yes fair enough he has got everything wrong....but at least he tried.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024