Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bagpipe Players 16:50 - Jun 6 with 1249 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I live near York, and yesterday saw a lone bagpipe player playing is bagpipe in a rural location near York.

Not a usual sight, does anyone know the significance? Something to do with D Day?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bagpipe Players on 16:58 - Jun 6 with 1235 viewsSouperJim

People in more populous non-rural locations won't tolerate the din?

No offence intended to anyone who has cultural leanings towards bagpipes.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Bagpipe Players on 17:20 - Jun 6 with 1207 viewsclive_baker

Of absolutely no value in answering your question but I love the sound of bagpipes. Reminds me of walking around Edinburgh in the dark of winter as a kid visiting family, with the distant sound of the bagpipes audible.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bagpipe Players on 17:23 - Jun 6 with 1200 viewsfooters

What those lot do to those poor tartan octopuses is beyond sick. The sounds they make when they're being tortured so. Someone should ring the RSPCA.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Bagpipe Players on 17:25 - Jun 6 with 1195 viewshoppy

Bagpipe Players on 17:20 - Jun 6 by clive_baker

Of absolutely no value in answering your question but I love the sound of bagpipes. Reminds me of walking around Edinburgh in the dark of winter as a kid visiting family, with the distant sound of the bagpipes audible.

I'm the opposite.

I worked in Covent Garden for over 25 years, and there was regularly one down near the market, and the din carried up the street to where we were based in Floral Street. Put me off the sound for life. It wasn't distant enough for my liking.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Bagpipe Players on 17:32 - Jun 6 with 1185 viewsDarth_Koont

Bagpipe Players on 16:58 - Jun 6 by SouperJim

People in more populous non-rural locations won't tolerate the din?

No offence intended to anyone who has cultural leanings towards bagpipes.

No offence taken.

I love them but there's a limited window for when bagpipes work: when there's a big group of people and the bagpipes are far away. Then they're great.

I started to learn the bagpipes when I was a wee laddie. But you start off with just the pipe before they entrust you with the bag. Stripped down and without the power of the bag the sound is awful.

Pronouns: He/Him

Bagpipe Players on 22:00 - Jun 6 with 1108 viewsGeoffSentence

Maybe one of those wee scotties exiled to civilisation fancied having a bit of a practise.

We have one of them in my rural part of the Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury Golden Triangle. Blasts away in the grounds of the village hall.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Bagpipe Players on 22:43 - Jun 6 with 1071 viewsWeWereZombies

Just over four years ago I was at a large set of Roman ruins in Jerash in the north of Jordan, not too far from the Syrian border, when a bagpiper in full Arab dress struck up. The woman I was with and I shaped up for a spot of country dancing but then thought better of it in the face of some difficult to analyse stares.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Bagpipe Players on 15:05 - Jun 7 with 978 viewsbraveblue

D day related. Had one in France yesterday also. Pipers played as invasion began.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024