Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quality player than John Stones. 22:02 - Jun 6 with 2373 viewsScuzzer

Or should that be embarrasment.

Established 1968

Quality player than John Stones. on 22:04 - Jun 6 with 2358 viewsSpruceMoose

Or... He just made a mistake that probably doesn't sum up his ability either way.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Quality player than John Stones. on 22:06 - Jun 6 with 2337 viewschristiand

Quality player than John Stones. on 22:04 - Jun 6 by SpruceMoose

Or... He just made a mistake that probably doesn't sum up his ability either way.

I completely understand the reasons for trying to play out from the back, but sometimes surely you just have to put your foot through it and start again?!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Quality player than John Stones. on 22:07 - Jun 6 with 2326 viewsSarge

Haha you don’t know much about watching England do you? If your knee ain’t jerkin, you’re doing it wrong.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2019 22:07]
Quality player than John Stones. on 22:11 - Jun 6 with 2297 viewscbower

Bit of a show pony and a flat track bully for me. Looks the dog's nuts in a Man City side getting 90+ points in the Premier League or when England are playing Macedonia. Against genuine quality he looks weak at times. There is a reason Pep has seemed to prefer other central defenders lately and it isn't just injury.

bluescouser

Quality player than John Stones. on 22:22 - Jun 6 with 2244 viewsScuzzer

Quality player than John Stones. on 22:06 - Jun 6 by christiand

I completely understand the reasons for trying to play out from the back, but sometimes surely you just have to put your foot through it and start again?!

Just wait till next season when the ball doesn't need to clear the penalty area...it will be carnage.

Established 1968

Quality player than John Stones. on 22:24 - Jun 6 with 2239 viewssparks

Quality player than John Stones. on 22:11 - Jun 6 by cbower

Bit of a show pony and a flat track bully for me. Looks the dog's nuts in a Man City side getting 90+ points in the Premier League or when England are playing Macedonia. Against genuine quality he looks weak at times. There is a reason Pep has seemed to prefer other central defenders lately and it isn't just injury.

The mistakes he made 3 or 4 years ago are still being made. Theere is a reason he is not first choice for his club.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Quality player than John Stones. on 22:27 - Jun 6 with 2228 viewsFtnfwest

The whole defence was shocking. Chilwell? Dear oh dear, the bloke he was supposed to be marking had a field to himself
Quality player than John Stones. on 22:40 - Jun 6 with 2176 viewsSuffolktrfc

All 3 of Hollands goals were basically his fault. Lost the young Dutch lad from corner for their first, shocking just shocking for their 2nd, and Hollands 3rd he played a woeful ball into barkleys feet on the edge of our own box leading to another goal. There's a reason he is only backup at city. He shouldn't have played as he don't play for them, same as Delph, was his first start today since boxing day! Bad calls from Southgate
Login to get fewer ads

Quality player than John Stones. on 22:41 - Jun 6 with 2174 viewsTrequartista

It's quite ironic that two of the players who lost the ball trying to dribble past strikers play for Manchester City.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Quality player than John Stones. on 22:50 - Jun 6 with 2137 viewsronnyd

Quality player than John Stones. on 22:41 - Jun 6 by Trequartista

It's quite ironic that two of the players who lost the ball trying to dribble past strikers play for Manchester City.

Not very often though.
Quality player than John Stones. on 22:50 - Jun 6 with 2131 viewsTractorWood

We lost that game from ridiculous errors not playing out from the back.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Quality player than John Stones. on 22:52 - Jun 6 with 2121 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

That was park football style jeez.
Quality player than John Stones. on 23:49 - Jun 6 with 2063 viewsStokieBlue

He made two huge mistakes and got away with another.

All of them were because he thought he was Cruyff.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Quality player than John Stones. on 23:52 - Jun 6 with 2056 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quality player than John Stones. on 23:49 - Jun 6 by StokieBlue

He made two huge mistakes and got away with another.

All of them were because he thought he was Cruyff.

SB

Didn't watch it, but this sounds familiar. He's always got an error in him. I like playing out from the back, but it takes a special kind of cool AND everyone around you to be on the same wavelength. I'm not sure either of those apply.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Quality player than John Stones. on 16:55 - Jun 7 with 1891 viewslinhdi

Very early in his England career, at some random away game, he messed around but got away with it as the oppo weren't up to much.

A West Ham fan near me bawled out "Oi, Stones, stop pretending you're Bobby Naffing Moore and naffing get rid of it". Shame he hasn't been given that advice more often.
Quality player than John Stones. on 17:25 - Jun 7 with 1880 viewschicoazul

He's quality. did you see the pass out that led to the Lingard disallowed goal?
That was just about the greatest team goal England have scored since 1996.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024