Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone been watching 63 Up on ITV? 00:30 - Jun 7 with 1679 viewsRyorry

What a amazing series - has to rank as one of the best docus ever made imho. I wonder if the participants feel the same? Presumably tho they had the power to withdraw their consent at any stage to "their" footage being shown if they'd changed their minds.

Watched most of the previous stages, but somehow managed to miss yesterday & Tuesday's eps, will have to get on catchup.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jun/04/63-up-review-documentary-ma

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Anyone been watching 63 Up on ITV? on 07:02 - Jun 7 with 1602 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yes love it but only seen one of this batch......is the one that went hermit and walked around Scotland still in it?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone been watching 63 Up on ITV? on 07:12 - Jun 7 with 1594 viewsBlueBoots

Like you (by the sounds of it) watched some of the previous stages over the years, so decided to track down the 7-49Up DVD set a few weeks before 56Up was screened - well worth doing, and amazing to watch their lives and opinions change without having to wait 7 years every time!

Looking forward to watching it - have been holding out for the weekend to see all the episodes on catchup.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Anyone been watching 63 Up on ITV? on 07:23 - Jun 7 with 1588 viewsbluelagos

Anyone been watching 63 Up on ITV? on 07:02 - Jun 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

Yes love it but only seen one of this batch......is the one that went hermit and walked around Scotland still in it?

He was on last night. Still heavily involved in local politics, the church and battling depression. He had been married and is now separated from a partner since the last catch up. Has a place in France.

Fanatastic series that I think Itv should do more with tbh. First watched the 28up as a teenager and was overseas for the last two, so thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone been watching 63 Up on ITV? on 07:53 - Jun 7 with 1568 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone been watching 63 Up on ITV? on 07:02 - Jun 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

That's not the whole story:

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jun/03/neil-hughes-seven-up-63-up-

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone been watching 63 Up on ITV? on 08:37 - Jun 7 with 1539 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone been watching 63 Up on ITV? on 07:23 - Jun 7 by bluelagos

He was on last night. Still heavily involved in local politics, the church and battling depression. He had been married and is now separated from a partner since the last catch up. Has a place in France.

Fanatastic series that I think Itv should do more with tbh. First watched the 28up as a teenager and was overseas for the last two, so thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Thanks for that he was always the one I related to in the earlier years stuff(and the Scouse teacher to a lesser degree)....will have to catch up later.

Anyone been watching 63 Up on ITV? on 08:47 - Jun 7 with 1526 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone been watching 63 Up on ITV? on 07:53 - Jun 7 by WeWereZombies

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jun/03/neil-hughes-seven-up-63-up-

Lovely read Zombers....thanks.

Anyone been watching 63 Up on ITV? on 09:36 - Jun 7 with 1491 viewsitfcjoe

One of my parent's good friends was going to be on this as a kid but think was pulled out late on - I wonder how that would have affected his life - a real sliding doors moment

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone been watching 63 Up on ITV? on 17:56 - Jun 7 with 1366 viewsRyorry

Anyone been watching 63 Up on ITV? on 07:53 - Jun 7 by WeWereZombies

That's absolutely amazing - thank you so much for posting.

Reminds me of what one of the Guardian comments said - these people (the subjects of the docu), the supposedly "little" people of the world, are what a country and the world really are. Gems. Very soft spot for the librarian (sadly, who died at 62 I think) - she loved kids, and loved introducing them to books - clearly made a huge positive contribution to many lives.

And I love Neil for not having a mobile phone - well done him!
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 18:00]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024