Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Speeding and wrist slapping 20:06 - Jun 8 with 11451 viewswkj

Has anyone ever been zapped by a group of village people, not those ones, while driving? Apparently on bank holiday Monday I got caught doing 32 in a 30 at the bottom of a hill by a pack of yellow vested villagers of a mature age.

Whilst speeding is speeding and I am not sympathetic when people get caught, it seems a bit expensive sending friendly reminders out to people who barely break the limit at such a weird place, I remember looking at the speedometer when I saw them and it said 30, so im skeptical such an informal system is entirely accurate.

Seems like a bit of a waste of money if you ask me.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2019 20:06]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Speeding and wrist slapping on 20:25 - Jun 8 with 7114 viewsChondzoresk

Over zealous, I get fed up of seeing them. They regularly group near my village....at 7.30am when no one is really around and disappear quickly when the mental school run starts. Massive 4x4s seriously exceeding speed limits with little Jonny in the passenger seat....and where are these community speed watchers then?

Easier to get the odd person at 32mph on a Bank Holiday than having a massive argument with Mrs BMW 4x4 who they also probably know.

PS, Regular Cameras at Redgrave/Yaxley/Mellis/Eye....you are warned.
Speeding and wrist slapping on 20:33 - Jun 8 with 7097 viewswkj

Speeding and wrist slapping on 20:25 - Jun 8 by Chondzoresk

Over zealous, I get fed up of seeing them. They regularly group near my village....at 7.30am when no one is really around and disappear quickly when the mental school run starts. Massive 4x4s seriously exceeding speed limits with little Jonny in the passenger seat....and where are these community speed watchers then?

Easier to get the odd person at 32mph on a Bank Holiday than having a massive argument with Mrs BMW 4x4 who they also probably know.

PS, Regular Cameras at Redgrave/Yaxley/Mellis/Eye....you are warned.

Eye is actually my area of the world, I was 'caught' on a little village between Stradbroke and Harleston. There are some absolute spanners on those back roads who will stry to overtake you on a corner if you so much as dare go the speed limit, so I agree its a massive nuisance being caught as a careful driver.

Hey ho, at least it is only a warning, so there is that.

Crybaby

Speeding and wrist slapping on 20:49 - Jun 8 with 7049 viewsFtnfwest

Sort of the same as having a toenail offside
Speeding and wrist slapping on 21:24 - Jun 8 with 6986 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Speeding and wrist slapping on 20:33 - Jun 8 by wkj

Eye is actually my area of the world, I was 'caught' on a little village between Stradbroke and Harleston. There are some absolute spanners on those back roads who will stry to overtake you on a corner if you so much as dare go the speed limit, so I agree its a massive nuisance being caught as a careful driver.

Hey ho, at least it is only a warning, so there is that.

An anti speeding campaigner from a village not far from you was on the speed awareness course with me this week....no journalists unfortunately.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Speeding and wrist slapping on 21:33 - Jun 8 with 6950 viewsSuperblue95

Simple solution to this. Put the foot down and swerve into them. You get to drive at what speed you like and you don’t have to put up with them anymore.

Everyone’s a winner

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Speeding and wrist slapping on 22:30 - Jun 8 with 6835 viewsjeera

Those are the types I tend to growl at when I see them.

As others say, I've not time for drivers belting through villages myself, but I resent some yellow-vested do-gooder pointing that thing at me as I pass by.

I have been known to show my displeasure a few times.

On a similar note, (well not at all really, but an excuse to whinge), those over-enthusiastic lollipop types who stop the traffic for every kid that comes long instead of waiting until they've accumulated a few...
[Post edited 8 Jun 2019 23:03]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Speeding and wrist slapping on 23:25 - Jun 8 with 6758 viewsSwansea_Blue

We don’t have those types down this way. I suspect they’d get a right kicking if they turned up round here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Speeding and wrist slapping on 01:40 - Jun 9 with 6658 viewsTerra_Farma

Speeding and wrist slapping on 21:33 - Jun 8 by Superblue95

Simple solution to this. Put the foot down and swerve into them. You get to drive at what speed you like and you don’t have to put up with them anymore.

Everyone’s a winner

Bell

End.
Login to get fewer ads

Speeding and wrist slapping on 02:11 - Jun 9 with 6645 viewsBlueBadger

As a resident of a Suffolk Village, I find myself being equally caught inbetween their viewpoint of 'stop speeding through this village, you premature-ejaculation driving t0sspots, there's children and old folks out and about' and 'FFS, you're pointing a hairdryer and then sending out a Stiffly Worded Letter, you're that useless you can't even get onto the parish council, please find something to do with your time'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Speeding and wrist slapping on 02:17 - Jun 9 with 6640 viewsSpruceMoose

Speeding and wrist slapping on 21:33 - Jun 8 by Superblue95

Everyone’s a winner

Did you mean to post that one to the Whatsapp group and not the forum?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Speeding and wrist slapping on 06:42 - Jun 9 with 6567 viewsbluelagos

Couple of points.

Thise letters literally have no legal weight behind them.
They are volunteers so dont cost much, suppose the cost of a stamp and/or the speed camera.
32 in a 30 is below the threshold for prosecution

The ones near me and utter knobs, they love wearing the hi-viz and feeling important. (Based on chatting with them rather than my dislike) They are the sort of people who set their cruise control at 70 mph and sit in the outside lane of the A12 :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Speeding and wrist slapping on 07:46 - Jun 9 with 6454 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Speeding and wrist slapping on 01:40 - Jun 9 by Terra_Farma

Bell

End.

Just a hunch but I reckon he may have been joking...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Speeding and wrist slapping on 08:18 - Jun 9 with 6404 viewsWeWereZombies

Speeding and wrist slapping on 07:46 - Jun 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That's the way I took it but there are good jokes and bad jokes. I think the Lagos approach of having a chat with them is more likely to make you feel a bit more relaxed about it. Whether it improves the conduct of Les Gilets Jaune, je ne sais quoi.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Speeding and wrist slapping on 08:27 - Jun 9 with 6382 viewsJon_456

How accurate are those speed guns?

We have a couple of those signs that show what speed you’re doing in our village and I regularly drive past them doing 22-25mph (due to a build up of traffic / parked cars) and it often flashes up to tell me I’m doing 37-42mph..
Speeding and wrist slapping on 08:44 - Jun 9 with 6348 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Speeding and wrist slapping on 02:11 - Jun 9 by BlueBadger

As a resident of a Suffolk Village, I find myself being equally caught inbetween their viewpoint of 'stop speeding through this village, you premature-ejaculation driving t0sspots, there's children and old folks out and about' and 'FFS, you're pointing a hairdryer and then sending out a Stiffly Worded Letter, you're that useless you can't even get onto the parish council, please find something to do with your time'.

You have competition to get on the parish council!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Speeding and wrist slapping on 09:32 - Jun 9 with 6269 viewsSuperblue95

Speeding and wrist slapping on 07:46 - Jun 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Your hunch is correct

Speeding and wrist slapping on 09:34 - Jun 9 with 6265 viewsSuperblue95

Speeding and wrist slapping on 02:17 - Jun 9 by SpruceMoose

Did you mean to post that one to the Whatsapp group and not the forum?

That was a copy and paste of Footers response from the WhatsApp

Speeding and wrist slapping on 09:38 - Jun 9 with 6255 viewsSuperblue95

Speeding and wrist slapping on 08:18 - Jun 9 by WeWereZombies

That's the way I took it but there are good jokes and bad jokes. I think the Lagos approach of having a chat with them is more likely to make you feel a bit more relaxed about it. Whether it improves the conduct of Les Gilets Jaune, je ne sais quoi.

My good jokes occur about once every 6 months and somebody laughed at one of mine recently. Therefore, you’re gonna have to put up with a fair few crap ones until Xmas rolls around

Speeding and wrist slapping on 09:38 - Jun 9 with 6253 viewssparks

Speeding and wrist slapping on 09:34 - Jun 9 by Superblue95

That was a copy and paste of Footers response from the WhatsApp

My tip is not to speed through small villages where kids, pets, disabled people etc are likely to be.

People get fed up of cars flying through and the police not dealing with it, so they volunteer for these community speedwatch teams. They have to be trained and provided with kit by the local police. If you get several warning letters, the police do take an interest...

My old house was on a wide straight hill through a village. People routinely went through at 40mph despite there being no pavement in parts, horses, kids, pets, elderly folk etc. 12 cats were killed in a year on that road- including 2 of ours.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Speeding and wrist slapping on 10:59 - Jun 9 with 6130 viewsclive_baker

Not sure if it’s true, but I heard from someone that these will start to be legally enforceable in the not too distant future and treated the same way as getting done by a cop would.

Not sure how that will be possible, and seems open to abuse as a process.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Speeding and wrist slapping on 11:05 - Jun 9 with 6114 viewsSpruceMoose

This is why all small villages should be compelled to build a flyover.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Speeding and wrist slapping on 11:07 - Jun 9 with 6103 viewswkj

Speeding and wrist slapping on 10:59 - Jun 9 by clive_baker

Not sure if it’s true, but I heard from someone that these will start to be legally enforceable in the not too distant future and treated the same way as getting done by a cop would.

Not sure how that will be possible, and seems open to abuse as a process.

If it becomes the case I would refute the accuracy in either my speedometer (8 month old car with digital speedo and no wheel size mods) or the gun. It was always my thought newer cars read slightly higher than the actual travelspeed, but that could be cobblers. It will I'm not anti public concern groups fyi just irritated that this happened given my driving philosophy

Crybaby

Speeding and wrist slapping on 11:17 - Jun 9 with 6082 viewssparks

Speeding and wrist slapping on 11:07 - Jun 9 by wkj

If it becomes the case I would refute the accuracy in either my speedometer (8 month old car with digital speedo and no wheel size mods) or the gun. It was always my thought newer cars read slightly higher than the actual travelspeed, but that could be cobblers. It will I'm not anti public concern groups fyi just irritated that this happened given my driving philosophy

They have proper training and accurate kit. If they provide a witness statement confirming that it was used properly on a particular occasion, then there is no reasno why that could not be evidence for a prosecution.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Speeding and wrist slapping on 11:38 - Jun 9 with 6066 viewsNo9

Speeding in the UK has become a class thing.
A well heeled senior bod in his class car Jag Range Rover etc gets treated diferently from an erk on a motorbike
Speeding and wrist slapping on 11:41 - Jun 9 with 6060 viewsclive_baker

Speeding and wrist slapping on 11:38 - Jun 9 by No9

Speeding in the UK has become a class thing.
A well heeled senior bod in his class car Jag Range Rover etc gets treated diferently from an erk on a motorbike

Yeah the bloke in his Range Rover probably gets fined more in court because they’re means based.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024