Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe 17:58 - Jun 9 with 3808 viewsSuperblue95

The crowd sounds more like what you’d hear at your local leisure centre for a swimming gala rather than a major football tournament. Very, very quiet with virtually no chanting and little crowd celebration for the goals.

Playing in smaller stadiums might improve the atmosphere
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 18:00]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 18:21 - Jun 9 with 3757 viewsnoggin

I'm waiting for England women's fans to attack the police with bottles.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 18:23 - Jun 9 with 3758 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Nothing to do with the stadiums.

Do you know anyone that follows Man City ladies home and away and in the Champions League?

Anyone who has grown up a die hard ITFC ladies fan?

People don’t have the same degree of passion. That’s why. It’s full of neutrals with some fans for each country who won’t be gutted if they lose like we all were when Croatia pipped us to a World Cup final.

The game will grow, fans will emerge and it’ll get better. But at the moment it’s gone from pretty much nothing to a decent level but the fan bases will be modest and lacking the sort of passion the men’s game has until it has time to evolve.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 18:27]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 18:29 - Jun 9 with 3738 viewsSuperblue95

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 18:23 - Jun 9 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Nothing to do with the stadiums.

Do you know anyone that follows Man City ladies home and away and in the Champions League?

Anyone who has grown up a die hard ITFC ladies fan?

People don’t have the same degree of passion. That’s why. It’s full of neutrals with some fans for each country who won’t be gutted if they lose like we all were when Croatia pipped us to a World Cup final.

The game will grow, fans will emerge and it’ll get better. But at the moment it’s gone from pretty much nothing to a decent level but the fan bases will be modest and lacking the sort of passion the men’s game has until it has time to evolve.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 18:27]

I know the passion isn’t the same, that much is obvious. But surely having smaller stadiums would help improve what little atmosphere there is currently as the stadiums seem half empty at present?

I’d rather a packed small stadium than a half empty big one

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 18:39 - Jun 9 with 3708 viewsFtnfwest

Has Keira knightly scored yet?
Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 20:58 - Jun 9 with 3546 viewsGirthyguy

To be fair to the women none of them really roll around on the floor making a big deal of tackles that some men would be crying over and making a big deal out of it.
Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 23:53 - Jun 9 with 3423 viewsSpruceMoose

Biggest difference for me is that people are allowed to pretend that the football isn't crap outside of the top six men's Premier League teams, without constantly being told it's crap at every opportunity.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 09:51 - Jun 10 with 3235 viewsSwansea_Blue

Hasn't always been that way. This is an interesting read.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/extra/LNoYd7se8m/the-lost-lionesses

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 09:53 - Jun 10 with 3230 viewsShropshireBluenago09

and goalkeeping

Gus Uhlenbeek

Login to get fewer ads

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 12:13 - Jun 10 with 3155 viewsronnyd

To me, it,s the physicality thing. If blokes didn,t play football then it wouldn,t be so obvious. This is not a sexist view and i have enjoyed the games i,ve seen, but, the difference between the sexes is poles apart. This is a personal view and not intended to rubbish the womens game.
Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 12:39 - Jun 10 with 3113 viewsSE1blue

Money, hype and beer.

Money - the women’s game needs more money to attract more
women to football and raise standards further.

Hype - Sky (as much as I hate what football has become post Sky) has marketed football to the masses and turned it into something bigger than it actually is. The women’s game needs more coverage and better marketing.

Beer - until women discover they can leave their other halves for a day of drinking and tomfoolery, all wrapped up as part of a fun road trip, then crowd numbers and noise will be low.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 12:42 - Jun 10 with 3104 viewsNo9

Where was the diving, the dying swan act, the gobbing etc. etc.
Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 13:45 - Jun 10 with 3065 viewsvilanovablue

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 09:53 - Jun 10 by ShropshireBluenago09

and goalkeeping

Watching the England game yesterday the Scottish keeper made some great saves and kept them in the game. If the score had been 3-0 or 4-0 at half-time it wouldn't have been an inaccurate reflection of how England played.

So it would seem that this comment is probably a little outdated...
Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 14:06 - Jun 10 with 3044 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 13:45 - Jun 10 by vilanovablue

Watching the England game yesterday the Scottish keeper made some great saves and kept them in the game. If the score had been 3-0 or 4-0 at half-time it wouldn't have been an inaccurate reflection of how England played.

So it would seem that this comment is probably a little outdated...

To be fair the goalkeeping yesterday was pretty good, but generally the women dont seem to be as agile.

Gus Uhlenbeek

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 14:09 - Jun 10 with 3036 viewsSpruceMoose

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 12:42 - Jun 10 by No9

Where was the diving, the dying swan act, the gobbing etc. etc.

The Spaniards were gobbing all over the place and SA.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 14:34 - Jun 10 with 3023 viewsMeadowlark

That's the biggest difference???
Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 14:39 - Jun 10 with 3016 viewsSuperblue95

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 14:09 - Jun 10 by SpruceMoose

The Spaniards were gobbing all over the place and SA.

Kinky

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 14:40 - Jun 10 with 3015 viewsSuperblue95

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 14:34 - Jun 10 by Meadowlark

That's the biggest difference???

Well it was the thing that stood out to me most while watching. It was like watching a match on mute

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 15:00 - Jun 10 with 3000 viewsbrazil1982

Biggest difference for me between the Men’s and Women’s game is the atmosphe on 12:39 - Jun 10 by SE1blue

Money, hype and beer.

Money - the women’s game needs more money to attract more
women to football and raise standards further.

Hype - Sky (as much as I hate what football has become post Sky) has marketed football to the masses and turned it into something bigger than it actually is. The women’s game needs more coverage and better marketing.

Beer - until women discover they can leave their other halves for a day of drinking and tomfoolery, all wrapped up as part of a fun road trip, then crowd numbers and noise will be low.

I think the BBC are doing a pretty good thing with the Hype.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024