Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sebastian Vetel 21:50 - Jun 9 with 4028 viewsNorthstander_Blue

Absolute pathetic

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

Sebastian Vetel on 22:14 - Jun 9 with 3968 viewsMonkaz

I fully back Vettel for what he did. F1 is too concerned about their “precious” Lewis Hamilton. People who think Hamilton can be classed as a “adequate driver” need to take a reality check. Hamilton gets rewarded for not being good this weekend and Vettel loses the race win because the stewards are biased and can’t see that Vettel 1. Didn’t have full control of the car and 2. Where else was he supposed to put the car? In the wall? ... oh wait ... that was Hamilton during the weekend...
Sebastian Vetel on 22:18 - Jun 9 with 3948 viewspeterleeblue

Sebastian Vetel on 22:14 - Jun 9 by Monkaz

I fully back Vettel for what he did. F1 is too concerned about their “precious” Lewis Hamilton. People who think Hamilton can be classed as a “adequate driver” need to take a reality check. Hamilton gets rewarded for not being good this weekend and Vettel loses the race win because the stewards are biased and can’t see that Vettel 1. Didn’t have full control of the car and 2. Where else was he supposed to put the car? In the wall? ... oh wait ... that was Hamilton during the weekend...

I have sympathy for Vettel to a point but only he knows whether he had any chance to make a safe return to the track.

What other incidents of Bias to Lewis has there been.

Unfortunately Seb made an error and in the end it cost him the race.
Sebastian Vetel on 22:34 - Jun 9 with 3890 viewsPinewoodblue

Sebastian Vetel on 22:18 - Jun 9 by peterleeblue

I have sympathy for Vettel to a point but only he knows whether he had any chance to make a safe return to the track.

What other incidents of Bias to Lewis has there been.

Unfortunately Seb made an error and in the end it cost him the race.

Vettel made an error no doubt forced by the pressure being put him by Hamilton, these things happen.

Vettel seems to have been determined to stay in front and returned directly onto the racing line which is what I suspect the Stewards found inappropriate..

Still a harsh penalty a 2-3 place drop on the grid next race would have been more appropriate.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Sebastian Vetel on 22:56 - Jun 9 with 3842 viewsStokieBlue

What are you on about?

First you post total nonsense about Hamilton including veiled insults and then you post nonsense about the stewards being biased.

Vettel was in the wrong, if Hamilton didn't lift he would have been smashed into the wall by Vettel so your point 2 is total nonsense. It's basically what happened between Max and Kimi last year and Max was given a 5 second penalty so it's totally consistent.

In cases like this someone is always going to be upset but to call bias is ridiculous. Perhaps they should allow more incidents like this but they need to be clear with the rules in that case.

SB
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 23:58]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sebastian Vetel on 22:57 - Jun 9 with 3837 viewsStokieBlue

Sebastian Vetel on 22:34 - Jun 9 by Pinewoodblue

Vettel made an error no doubt forced by the pressure being put him by Hamilton, these things happen.

Vettel seems to have been determined to stay in front and returned directly onto the racing line which is what I suspect the Stewards found inappropriate..

Still a harsh penalty a 2-3 place drop on the grid next race would have been more appropriate.

It's the same penalty given to Verstappen for the same offence.

It's more biased if they gave him a different penalty just because he was in the lead. It's a no-win situation for the stewards - someone is going to get upset.

SB
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 23:51]

Sebastian Vetel on 23:50 - Jun 9 with 3736 viewsSpruceMoose

Did you forget the link to a Tweet?
[Post edited 9 Jun 2019 23:51]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Sebastian Vetel on 05:41 - Jun 10 with 3622 viewsChondzoresk

I listened to it in the radio, it sounded like the penalty was harsh, however I have now seen footage and it looks like a deliberate attempt to run LH off.

What got me was the childish behaviour afterwards, parking your car up in the wrong place, having a heated debate with the stewards, then moving the 1st and 2nd markers around in parc fermé.

Grow up SV. You fooked it up, pressure from LH got to you. SV brought the sport into disrepute.

By the way, I’m no Hamilton fan either.
Sebastian Vetel on 05:53 - Jun 10 with 3613 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Hi Mrs Vettel

The only point I agree with here is that people who think Hamilton is adequate need a reality check, as quite clearly he’s an excellent one. The rest is utter bobbins

What are your views on Raheem Sterling, out of interest?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Sebastian Vetel on 07:24 - Jun 10 with 3493 viewsStokieBlue

I suspect you don't actually care but if you're interested in why the decision was made rather than attacking Hamilton who did absolutely nothing then listen to Palmer on this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07cpswq

He also highlights that he thinks Vettel made the big fuss afterwards to distract from the fact he had made yet another mistake when under pressure. I'm not sure about that but it's an interesting theory.

SB

Sebastian Vetel on 07:34 - Jun 10 with 3458 viewstractorboy7777

Yes Vettel made a mistake but coming back into the track like that with dirty tyres wouldn’t have been easy to control.

It’s easy to blame from his cockpit view only but if you look from Hamilton’s view, Vettels rear twitched as he put his foot down due to lack of grip which would have put him into a spin and hit the left hand wall and although it’s difficult to be certain but I can imagine that was the point Vettel turned towards the wall. To avoid spinning, you’ve got to turn against it.

Poll: If ticket prices were the same in SBR upper and lower, where would you choose?

Sebastian Vetel on 07:37 - Jun 10 with 3451 viewsStokieBlue

Sebastian Vetel on 07:34 - Jun 10 by tractorboy7777

Yes Vettel made a mistake but coming back into the track like that with dirty tyres wouldn’t have been easy to control.

It’s easy to blame from his cockpit view only but if you look from Hamilton’s view, Vettels rear twitched as he put his foot down due to lack of grip which would have put him into a spin and hit the left hand wall and although it’s difficult to be certain but I can imagine that was the point Vettel turned towards the wall. To avoid spinning, you’ve got to turn against it.

That's exactly what happened to Verstappen last year and it was a penalty.

It doesn't really matter if he meant it, it was caused by the mistake he made and is against the rules.

Perhaps the rules should be changed but that's a different debate.

SB

Sebastian Vetel on 07:59 - Jun 10 with 3402 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sebastian Vetel on 07:37 - Jun 10 by StokieBlue

That's exactly what happened to Verstappen last year and it was a penalty.

It doesn't really matter if he meant it, it was caused by the mistake he made and is against the rules.

Perhaps the rules should be changed but that's a different debate.

SB

FWIW I do actually think the rules are wrong in this sort of case - there is of course the argument that Vettel was only able to hold his position because of the way he went over the grass and straightened out, but in reality I think it was just racing. However as you rightly point out, they are the rules and have been applied to other drivers previously, so accusations of favouritism are clearly wide of the mark

Worth noting that the rules also ruined the race - turning the last 15 or so laps into a glorified time trial rather than the spectacle of Hamilton trying to find a way past

Sebastian Vetel on 08:08 - Jun 10 with 3373 viewsBiGDonnie

Need a tissue?

Vettel deserved the time penalty.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Sebastian Vetel on 08:13 - Jun 10 with 3363 viewsStokieBlue

Sebastian Vetel on 07:59 - Jun 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

FWIW I do actually think the rules are wrong in this sort of case - there is of course the argument that Vettel was only able to hold his position because of the way he went over the grass and straightened out, but in reality I think it was just racing. However as you rightly point out, they are the rules and have been applied to other drivers previously, so accusations of favouritism are clearly wide of the mark

Worth noting that the rules also ruined the race - turning the last 15 or so laps into a glorified time trial rather than the spectacle of Hamilton trying to find a way past

That's a different debate and one they will have.

It's also worth noting that as Palmer pointed out they gave Vettel the smallest possible penalty advisable l available in F1.

Agree the end was boring but Vettel still had the option to build a 5 second gap but couldn't. Earlier Hamilton had pulled back a 5 seconds gap to Vettel so it's possible.

SB

Sebastian Vetel on 08:15 - Jun 10 with 3355 viewsfabian_illness

I think it was harsh on Vettel but if the rules are the same for everyone then unfortunately for him that’s just how it is. He was bound to be a bit wound up over it and with cameras and microphones stuck in his face it must be hard not to lose your cool.
Sebastian Vetel on 08:33 - Jun 10 with 3298 viewstazdac

Sebastian Vetel on 08:13 - Jun 10 by StokieBlue

It's also worth noting that as Palmer pointed out they gave Vettel the smallest possible penalty advisable l available in F1.

Agree the end was boring but Vettel still had the option to build a 5 second gap but couldn't. Earlier Hamilton had pulled back a 5 seconds gap to Vettel so it's possible.

SB

Vettel could have been asked to yield the place to Hamilton then left free to race to the finish🏁
Sebastian Vetel on 08:51 - Jun 10 with 3247 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sebastian Vetel on 08:13 - Jun 10 by StokieBlue

SB

Yeah definitely a separate debate - was very much moving into my opinion of the rules rather than the decision itself. Also wasn’t commenting on the fairness of it just the spectator aspect - even if Vettel had been able to pull away it would still be less exciting seeing if he could finish 5 seconds ahead than 2 cars racing together on the track, IMO

As a spectator, I also find it somewhat unsatisfactory where the car that crosses the line first doesn’t win - if the view is that Vettel should be punished a better ruling would be for him to cede the place to Hamilton, again IMO

Probably straying into another separate debate on where the lines of sport v entertainment blur there mind you!

Sebastian Vetel on 09:00 - Jun 10 with 3206 viewsBloomBlue

Rubbish. Vettel made the mistake, stay on the track and then its not a issue, if Hamilton had pushed him off the track you could argue it's also racing, but in the rules it's not and neither is what Vettel did.
Sebastian Vetel on 10:50 - Jun 10 with 3054 viewsNo9

If you don't understand the F1 rules why do you comment on them?

Stefano Domenicali from Maserati / Farrari made it plain the rules had been interpreted correctly and would be re-reviwed as normal at the FIA.
Sebastian Vetel on 10:51 - Jun 10 with 3044 viewspickles110564

LOL Vettel did not have control of his car, thought that was his sole purpose?
Sebastian Vetel on 10:55 - Jun 10 with 3024 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sebastian Vetel on 10:50 - Jun 10 by No9

If you don't understand the F1 rules why do you comment on them?

Stefano Domenicali from Maserati / Farrari made it plain the rules had been interpreted correctly and would be re-reviwed as normal at the FIA.

Stefano Domenicali stopped working for Ferrari in 2014 - he’s currently the CEO of Lamborghini

Sebastian Vetel on 10:56 - Jun 10 with 3022 viewsNo9

Sebastian Vetel on 22:34 - Jun 9 by Pinewoodblue

Vettel has shown over the last few seasons that he isn't very good under pressue from other drivers.
He has made numerous mistakes, as pointed out yesterday he made a critcal error under pressure letting Jenson Button through.
Any number of comment shave been made that he will soon have to yield to LeClerc- who may have been told to ease off so SV didn't end up in 3rd place.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024