Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD travellers.... Iceland 15:43 - Jun 10 with 1074 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Always meant to stop off on the way back to the UK but never made it happen yet anyway looking to go this trip in July / August for 6 nights.

Want to combine 3 days of decent hiking with everything else there is to do. Have not been or researched, hit me!
TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 15:46 - Jun 10 with 1061 viewsfooters

Highly recommend the donner kebab pizzas.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 15:48 - Jun 10 with 1050 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 15:46 - Jun 10 by footers

Ok, interesting start.
TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 15:50 - Jun 10 with 1042 viewswkj

Should also check out the biometric security system in use at the airport, quite cutting edge there
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 15:50]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 15:50 - Jun 10 with 1040 viewsSpruceMoose

Have you actually been to Iceland? I thought only mum's went there.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 15:50]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 15:50 - Jun 10 with 1033 viewsGeoffSentence

Penis Museum

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 15:52 - Jun 10 with 1025 viewswkj

TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 15:50 - Jun 10 by GeoffSentence

Penis Museum

He's going on holiday, wants to do something different. Keep up

Crybaby

TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 15:57 - Jun 10 with 1010 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I actually forgot it was a Welsh supermarket chain. Brilliant joke
TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 15:58 - Jun 10 with 1004 viewswkj

TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 15:57 - Jun 10 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I actually forgot it was a Welsh supermarket chain. Brilliant joke

I'm not sure the population if Iceland are too keen on being lumped in with the Welsh so lazily

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 15:59 - Jun 10 with 1002 viewsSpruceMoose

TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 15:58 - Jun 10 by wkj

I'm not sure the population if Iceland are too keen on being lumped in with the Welsh so lazily

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/the-eggs-of-merry-bay-iceland

Glad to see J2 hasn't got to their eggs yet though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 16:00 - Jun 10 with 1000 viewsSpruceMoose

Ok, a serious answer.

This looks fooking great:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/samuel-jonsson-s-art-farm

TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 16:21 - Jun 10 with 958 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

On the assumption you want some serious answers - I can’t really help on the hiking but the following definitely worth a look:

- Blue lagoon, obvious but has to be done
- Northern lights, again obvious but if you’re looking to see these via a tour book for the first night, as they then rebook you on the next night and so on if they don’t show or if the weather prevents the trip
- Golden circle, either as a tour or get some transport. The gulfloss and geysers are stunning - tour we did also had some snowmobiling which was pretty cool
- Night out in Reykjavik, although you’ll need to take out a new mortgage first
- Penis museum is massively weird but if you’re into that sort of thing then that’s in Reykjavik too. Also the last McDonalds in Iceland can be found in a hotel in Reykjavik although it’s basically just looking at a Big Mac meal in a glass case
- Sample some traditional Icelandic fermented shark and Brennivin somewhere (lots of restaurants in Reykjavik will do this). Then eat something proper once you’ve thrown up
- On a serious eating note, there is a shack at the bottom of Reykjavik by the dock which does an incredible lobster bisque, and pretty cheap too by comparison to most places in Iceland
- There’s some other stuff like helicopter tours over volcanoes and underwater caving etc that can be done too which look quite good, but not something I’ve done

Enjoy

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 16:49 - Jun 10 with 927 viewsIpswichKnight

If you want to go hiking go to North Iceland you can easily go the entire day without seeing anyone. You'll need to connect to Akureyri it's about 45min flight from Reykjavík city airport.

We staid here https://www.ytralon.is/ it felt like the end of the Earth with the Greenland sea crashing in and a proper storm blowing.

Mývatn is also good for hiking around, we hiked up Hverfjall ( also were we got engaged) as well.
TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 16:53 - Jun 10 with 921 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 16:49 - Jun 10 by IpswichKnight

If you want to go hiking go to North Iceland you can easily go the entire day without seeing anyone. You'll need to connect to Akureyri it's about 45min flight from Reykjavík city airport.

We staid here https://www.ytralon.is/ it felt like the end of the Earth with the Greenland sea crashing in and a proper storm blowing.

Mývatn is also good for hiking around, we hiked up Hverfjall ( also were we got engaged) as well.

Thanks this is more of the stuff I need. Will check it out as begin to research.
TWTD travellers.... Iceland on 17:07 - Jun 10 with 909 viewssilkcutblue

There was me thinking Phil and gav had parked there campervan at the butter market 😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024