Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You can understand why she said it 😁 18:24 - Jun 10 with 688 viewsgtsb

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/victoria-derbyshire-jeremy-hunt-wrong-nam
You can understand why she said it 😁 on 18:26 - Jun 10 with 670 viewsBlueBadger

I think it speaks volumes for how well regarded Mr Rhyming-slang is generally regarded that this is a particularly common occurrance.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

You can understand why she said it 😁 on 18:28 - Jun 10 with 659 viewsSwansea_Blue

You can understand why she said it 😁 on 18:26 - Jun 10 by BlueBadger

I think it speaks volumes for how well regarded Mr Rhyming-slang is generally regarded that this is a particularly common occurrance.

I suspect it’s a deliberate ‘thing’ amongst presenters to see who can slip it in. It happens far too often to be a mere slip of the tongue.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You can understand why she said it 😁 on 18:29 - Jun 10 with 647 viewsBlueBadger

You can understand why she said it 😁 on 18:28 - Jun 10 by Swansea_Blue

I suspect it’s a deliberate ‘thing’ amongst presenters to see who can slip it in. It happens far too often to be a mere slip of the tongue.

Like all those UKIP/Brexit Party reps who end being 'accidentally' racist on camera, it's obviously used in conversation enough that the occasional slip happens.

Even one of my consultants, who is the very model of propiety and manners has been known to call him that.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

You can understand why she said it 😁 on 18:31 - Jun 10 with 626 viewsjeera

"It's usually men who say that."

No need for that escape clause Victoria!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

You can understand why she said it 😁 on 18:33 - Jun 10 with 619 viewsSwansea_Blue

You can understand why she said it 😁 on 18:29 - Jun 10 by BlueBadger

Like all those UKIP/Brexit Party reps who end being 'accidentally' racist on camera, it's obviously used in conversation enough that the occasional slip happens.

Even one of my consultants, who is the very model of propiety and manners has been known to call him that.

Or yes, it could just be that.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

You can understand why she said it 😁 on 18:35 - Jun 10 with 610 viewsgtsb

It reminds me of Michael Hunt who used to present the weather many years ago on About Anglia. They never introduced him as Mike for some reason
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 18:37]
You can understand why she said it 😁 on 18:36 - Jun 10 with 604 viewsBudapestByBlimp

I see what you did there ... and I liked it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024