Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me? 19:51 - Jun 10 with 37926 viewsSpruceMoose

Or does anyone else find the thought of Boris Johnson being our PM, something we can never erase from our history books, utterly and thoroughly depressing?

I mean, ffs, what's the point of anything if that sh!tstain is our representative?

Britain's fall to complete laughing stock will be complete should this come to pass.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is it just me? on 19:52 - Jun 10 with 8348 viewsSmithy

Wouldn't use the word depressing, more frightening

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Is it just me? on 19:53 - Jun 10 with 8341 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 19:52 - Jun 10 by Smithy

Wouldn't use the word depressing, more frightening

Beyond that now. Just despondent at the state the country is in.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Is it just me? on 19:56 - Jun 10 with 8329 viewsjeera

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is it just me? on 19:57 - Jun 10 with 8324 viewsslump

All all gone to sh!t since 24 June 2016.

Literally nothing would surprise me now.

UTT

Is it just me? on 20:04 - Jun 10 with 8302 viewsSteve_M

Whereas the other potential candidates......

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is it just me? on 20:06 - Jun 10 with 8299 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 20:04 - Jun 10 by Steve_M

Whereas the other potential candidates......

Well yes. Now you've made me feel even worse. But I think such is my hatred for Johnson it would bother me to see him get what he wants more than the other candidates.

Is it just me? on 20:14 - Jun 10 with 8268 viewsBLUEBEAT

BoJo, Trump, Kim & Putin

Fookin’ell

Poll: W or W

Is it just me? on 20:29 - Jun 10 with 8236 viewsbluelagos

Hard to disagree with any of that. It comes to something when you find yourself thinking Gove isn't all that bad.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me? on 21:41 - Jun 10 with 8177 viewsTrequartista

Do you prefer a dodgy character doing a good job, or a nice person doing a bad job? I'm talking in general in the first instance.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Is it just me? on 22:27 - Jun 10 with 8127 viewsWeWereZombies

Is it just me? on 21:41 - Jun 10 by Trequartista

Do you prefer a dodgy character doing a good job, or a nice person doing a bad job? I'm talking in general in the first instance.

I think it depends on the job. If it is painting and decorating, fair enough so long as the bad person is kept an eye on. But for a job that needs a sense of ethics then a bad person is unlikely to do a good job in the long run even if they appear to be competent, say, administratively. As soon as a decision that requires a moral compass arises their judgement will be suspect.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Is it just me? on 22:49 - Jun 10 with 8101 viewsGuthrum

Is it just me? on 21:41 - Jun 10 by Trequartista

Thing is, I'm not particularly convinced that Johnson is all that competent, either.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is it just me? on 22:55 - Jun 10 with 8083 viewsArnieM

Johnson or Gove ?
I’d go with Johnson ( the lesser of the two evils)any day of the week over that utter slime ball that is Gove.

But let’s be honest, I can’t name a single Tory that isn't a Pompous slime ball.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Is it just me? on 22:59 - Jun 10 with 8064 viewsGirthyguy

Absolutely I couldn't agree more with you on this. I would be embarrassed to call him our PM.
Is it just me? on 07:04 - Jun 11 with 7947 viewsDeano69

See also USA:Donald Trump

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Is it just me? on 07:04 - Jun 11 with 7948 viewsjimmyvet

Is it just me? on 22:59 - Jun 10 by Girthyguy

Absolutely I couldn't agree more with you on this. I would be embarrassed to call him our PM.

If it’s a choice between Boris and JC I would vote for Boris every time. If however the opposition had a rationale centrist none Marxist then at a GE I would be very happy to vote for them. But we don’t we are stuck with current Tories or 70 something bloke who shouts at rallies but doesn’t do a lot else.
Is it just me? on 07:08 - Jun 11 with 7941 viewsKeaneish

Is it just me? on 22:59 - Jun 10 by Girthyguy

I'm embarrassed to call any Tory our PM given the debacle of the last two or three years.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Is it just me? on 07:44 - Jun 11 with 7896 viewsBlueBoots

Is it just me? on 20:14 - Jun 10 by BLUEBEAT

BoJo, Trump, Kim & Putin

Fookin’ell

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Apocalypse

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Is it just me? on 07:51 - Jun 11 with 7873 viewsHerbivore

Is it just me? on 22:49 - Jun 10 by Guthrum

Thing is, I'm not particularly convinced that Johnson is all that competent, either.

His brief time in a cabinet post suggests he absolutely isn't remotely competent.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it just me? on 08:03 - Jun 11 with 7849 viewsChurchman

Is it just me? on 07:04 - Jun 11 by jimmyvet

If it’s a choice between Boris and JC I would vote for Boris every time. If however the opposition had a rationale centrist none Marxist then at a GE I would be very happy to vote for them. But we don’t we are stuck with current Tories or 70 something bloke who shouts at rallies but doesn’t do a lot else.

Agree with that entirely. Corbyn and his cronies scare the heck out of me. Marxism just doesn’t work. When you look at the sorry line up standing for tory leader and the opposition, how has the country wound up with such a sorry bunch across the politician spectrum running it? There’s a lot wrong with politics in this country.
Is it just me? on 08:04 - Jun 11 with 7847 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Is it just me? on 07:44 - Jun 11 by BlueBoots

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Apocalypse

Too late they've already ridden...Thatcher, Reagan, Brezhnev and Li.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Is it just me? on 08:07 - Jun 11 with 7838 viewskilroysilkers

Is it just me? on 08:04 - Jun 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Too late they've already ridden...Thatcher, Reagan, Brezhnev and Li.

If you include me there's five. Just sayin'.
Is it just me? on 08:11 - Jun 11 with 7828 viewsHerbivore

Is it just me? on 08:03 - Jun 11 by Churchman

Agree with that entirely. Corbyn and his cronies scare the heck out of me. Marxism just doesn’t work. When you look at the sorry line up standing for tory leader and the opposition, how has the country wound up with such a sorry bunch across the politician spectrum running it? There’s a lot wrong with politics in this country.

Corbyn is going to implement Marxism now? He's going to start a revolution then?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it just me? on 08:17 - Jun 11 with 7813 viewsitfcjoe

It's a joke he's being considered - he's not achieved anything and would murder his own Grandma for the chance to climb the ladder - it's all about the ambition to be PM, and he will do what it takes - he's got no interest in the job itself.

As much as we can criticise the other candidates like Gove and Hunt, they have at least had long cabinet careers in big jobs where they have some track record to point to - Johnson has had a stint in the foreign office where he seemed to do more harm than good before running away.

He doesn't have the work ethic, it is all about doing what he can to be PM and screw everyone else

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is it just me? on 08:39 - Jun 11 with 7773 viewsBlueBadger

Is it just me? on 07:04 - Jun 11 by jimmyvet

The whole thing is a 'Keane Vs Hurst' question. There's some superficial fine margins to be had, but in reality it's like asking if you'd rather treading a dog turd with your left foot or your right.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is it just me? on 08:39 - Jun 11 with 7769 viewsblueislander

Is it just me? on 08:17 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

It's a joke he's being considered - he's not achieved anything and would murder his own Grandma for the chance to climb the ladder - it's all about the ambition to be PM, and he will do what it takes - he's got no interest in the job itself.

As much as we can criticise the other candidates like Gove and Hunt, they have at least had long cabinet careers in big jobs where they have some track record to point to - Johnson has had a stint in the foreign office where he seemed to do more harm than good before running away.

He doesn't have the work ethic, it is all about doing what he can to be PM and screw everyone else

He is all bluster and no substance. His idea of withholding the money we owe the EU , and using that as a bargaining chip to get a better deal is fallacious. The goverment’s own lawyers have stated that we would be in breach of international law, and would be classed as in default. I can’t see that persuading the EU to renegotiate It certainly wouldn’t encourage other reputable countries to enter into favorable trade deals with us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024