Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me? 19:51 - Jun 10 with 37927 viewsSpruceMoose

Or does anyone else find the thought of Boris Johnson being our PM, something we can never erase from our history books, utterly and thoroughly depressing?

I mean, ffs, what's the point of anything if that sh!tstain is our representative?

Britain's fall to complete laughing stock will be complete should this come to pass.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is it just me? on 11:45 - Jun 12 with 2181 viewswkj

Is it just me? on 11:38 - Jun 12 by BrixtonBlue

You'd rather we went back to being rude and abusive to each other? And why does that equal "soul" in any case?

I don't think any soul is being removed at all, often when people make such a claim it equates to "it isn't how I like it"

Although some users come and some familiar faces go, I believe it was recently said by Phil that the traffic on this site continues to grow, despite our down turn in fortunes.

Last person to call TWTD an echo chamber in a discussion of this exact nature with Withnail, another habitual provocateur that was shown the door. In that light it seems clear that the lack of harmony creating soul to a forum is a personal opinion rather than a general assessment of the board.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 11:47]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is it just me? on 11:46 - Jun 12 with 2178 viewsNo9

It seems the tory party membership like liars?
Is it just me? on 11:49 - Jun 12 with 2168 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is it just me? on 11:36 - Jun 12 by BrixtonBlue

If you can't be civil then yes you probably should leave. Benters did exactly that.

You wouldn't call someone you barely know a tit in real life, so why should it be acceptable here?

Oh and no-one's crying.

Have a nice day.

You'll forgive me igf I don't take lectures in civility from a poster who suggested that my wife must have had an affair in the past as there was no other logical reason for my dislike of Paul Jewell, told me to go and play in the traffic, at various times told me to "f" off and has aimed all manner of insults in my direction.

If you are going to jump onto one of my posts with your size twos and make a tit of yourself then I'm going to point this out to you.

Have a good day.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is it just me? on 11:57 - Jun 12 with 2133 viewsSomethingBlue

Apparently everyone should be more racist because that's what the public want to hear. What a shameful mess.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Is it just me? on 11:58 - Jun 12 with 2125 viewswkj

Is it just me? on 11:57 - Jun 12 by SomethingBlue

Apparently everyone should be more racist because that's what the public want to hear. What a shameful mess.

If we didn't use such vitriolic conduct do you think that it would take the soul out of UK politics?

Crybaby

Is it just me? on 11:59 - Jun 12 with 2120 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 11:33 - Jun 12 by ballycastle

It has completely lost it's soul, it is vegetarian vanilla in the extreme, an echo chamber for my view is the only view self back slappers, I have been on here for 19 years and it is a genuine shame to see the board reflecting the self righteous side of the world today.

Seeing as your first post was in January I'm curious as to who you were posting as during the previous 18.5 years?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Is it just me? on 12:04 - Jun 12 with 2095 viewsBrixtonBlue

Is it just me? on 11:45 - Jun 12 by wkj

I don't think any soul is being removed at all, often when people make such a claim it equates to "it isn't how I like it"

Although some users come and some familiar faces go, I believe it was recently said by Phil that the traffic on this site continues to grow, despite our down turn in fortunes.

Last person to call TWTD an echo chamber in a discussion of this exact nature with Withnail, another habitual provocateur that was shown the door. In that light it seems clear that the lack of harmony creating soul to a forum is a personal opinion rather than a general assessment of the board.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 11:47]

Indeed.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Is it just me? on 12:06 - Jun 12 with 2091 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 11:57 - Jun 12 by SomethingBlue

Indeed. I'll note it that mocking muslim women as 'letterboxes' is perfectly acceptable as people like a bit of plain talkin'.

Jesus. How has it come to this?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me? on 12:08 - Jun 12 with 2078 viewsHerbivore

Is it just me? on 08:26 - Jun 12 by GlasgowBlue

See my reply to Joe.

I've seen it. Do you know what specifically the Telegraph asked for when they commissioned Comres to do the poll for them? What methodology, sampling staretgy and parameters were agreed? All of that influences how reliable the polling is. Comres themselves may be apolitical, that doesn't mean the poll results they produce ultimately are. Also, see Steve's post on the previous page.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 12:11]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it just me? on 12:08 - Jun 12 with 2077 viewswkj

Is it just me? on 11:59 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

Seeing as your first post was in January I'm curious as to who you were posting as during the previous 18.5 years?

Crybaby

Is it just me? on 12:10 - Jun 12 with 2066 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is it just me? on 12:06 - Jun 12 by footers

Indeed. I'll note it that mocking muslim women as 'letterboxes' is perfectly acceptable as people like a bit of plain talkin'.

Jesus. How has it come to this?

I'm amazed you have to ask. High profile politicians have been mocking minorities for some time. Whether it be comparing their choice of religious dress to letterboxes or telling them that they don't understand English irony despite living here all of their lives.

Partisan followers on all sides either excused this mocking of minorities or shuffled their feet and looked the other way.

Other people set higher standards and condemned both.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 12:12]

Iron Lion Zion

Is it just me? on 12:12 - Jun 12 with 2051 viewsBrixtonBlue

Is it just me? on 11:49 - Jun 12 by GlasgowBlue

You'll forgive me igf I don't take lectures in civility from a poster who suggested that my wife must have had an affair in the past as there was no other logical reason for my dislike of Paul Jewell, told me to go and play in the traffic, at various times told me to "f" off and has aimed all manner of insults in my direction.

If you are going to jump onto one of my posts with your size twos and make a tit of yourself then I'm going to point this out to you.

Have a good day.

As I said, it's a new thing on here of people trying to be more civil.

I don't recall saying your wife must've had an affair with Paul Jewell and that's why you don't like him, but if I did it sounds like I was joking.

I imagine the other insults were provoked. I've never thrown insults for no reason.

The things is, I haven't made a "tit" of myself. I said a photo you posted looks obviously photoshopped. I still maintain it does. I made no comment on the event and certainly wasn't suggesting it never happened. Sometimes, shock horror, people say what they actually mean. There's no hidden meaning to figure out.

You got the wrong end of the stick and decided to be rude and obnoxious. Shame.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Is it just me? on 12:16 - Jun 12 with 2026 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is it just me? on 12:08 - Jun 12 by Herbivore

I've seen it. Do you know what specifically the Telegraph asked for when they commissioned Comres to do the poll for them? What methodology, sampling staretgy and parameters were agreed? All of that influences how reliable the polling is. Comres themselves may be apolitical, that doesn't mean the poll results they produce ultimately are. Also, see Steve's post on the previous page.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 12:11]

https://www.comresglobal.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/The-Telegraph_Voting-Int

Iron Lion Zion

Is it just me? on 12:21 - Jun 12 with 1999 viewspickles110564

Is it just me? on 11:59 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

Sprucey, I have responded to your pm m8.
How do i find out how long I have been a member on here please?
Is it just me? on 12:22 - Jun 12 with 1995 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 12:10 - Jun 12 by GlasgowBlue

I'm amazed you have to ask. High profile politicians have been mocking minorities for some time. Whether it be comparing their choice of religious dress to letterboxes or telling them that they don't understand English irony despite living here all of their lives.

Partisan followers on all sides either excused this mocking of minorities or shuffled their feet and looked the other way.

Other people set higher standards and condemned both.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 12:12]

It's vile hypocrisy of sickening levels.

Good to see you think Jezza's high-profile now though!

Is it just me? on 12:27 - Jun 12 with 1974 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh well, he's given his speech now. Talked a load of absolute baloney, and then sidestepped his questions. How anyone in their right mind could think he'd make a credible MP is beyond me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is it just me? on 13:24 - Jun 12 with 1876 viewsgordon

Is it just me? on 12:27 - Jun 12 by Swansea_Blue

Oh well, he's given his speech now. Talked a load of absolute baloney, and then sidestepped his questions. How anyone in their right mind could think he'd make a credible MP is beyond me.

So, he's seen Theresa May in action for the last two years and decided that the best approach is to avoid giving straight answers to questions. We'll see how that goes.
Is it just me? on 13:35 - Jun 12 with 1853 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is it just me? on 13:24 - Jun 12 by gordon

So, he's seen Theresa May in action for the last two years and decided that the best approach is to avoid giving straight answers to questions. We'll see how that goes.

His team are keeping him away from the press so as to limit his gaffes. This strategy killed a 20 point lead for May at the last general election.

Iron Lion Zion

Is it just me? on 13:41 - Jun 12 with 1844 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 13:35 - Jun 12 by GlasgowBlue

His team are keeping him away from the press so as to limit his gaffes. This strategy killed a 20 point lead for May at the last general election.

They're all so desperate for a sniff of power not one of them seems to have sat back and had a little think about whether they are remotely capable of doing the job. Such hubris.

From what I have seen of them, none of them seem like they have the required skill set to be a successful leader.

Is it just me? on 13:49 - Jun 12 with 1825 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 13:41 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

They're all so desperate for a sniff of power not one of them seems to have sat back and had a little think about whether they are remotely capable of doing the job. Such hubris.

From what I have seen of them, none of them seem like they have the required skill set to be a successful leader.

And why the fuk can't that chunt Johnson comb is fecking hair? He looks like a toddler. If he's representing us on the national stage we will be an embarrassment only surpassed by the Americans.

Is it just me? on 13:50 - Jun 12 with 1823 viewsNo9

Question 1:- Did Mr Johnson time his Leadership challenge meeting deliberately clash with PM's question time?

Question 2:- as he seemed to confirm, as leader of the tory party that there would be significant changes to the tory government and policies.
Should this not be wrong until he has gone to the country with his new idea's & ideals?
Is it just me? on 13:51 - Jun 12 with 1818 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 13:41 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

At least Johnson has a proven track record of leaving long-term relationships and forging exciting new ones, often before the old one has ended.

Is it just me? on 13:55 - Jun 12 with 1806 viewsHerbivore

Is it just me? on 12:16 - Jun 12 by GlasgowBlue

https://www.comresglobal.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/The-Telegraph_Voting-Int

Very small sample size to be trying to extrapolate GE results. Steve's thread is also relevant in terms of the validity of the results, lots of variables that aren't accounted for within a simplistic survey.

That said, doubtless it'll do its job and firm up support for Boris.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it just me? on 13:56 - Jun 12 with 1802 viewsgordon

Is it just me? on 13:35 - Jun 12 by GlasgowBlue

Boris is pretty brittle and vacuous under proper questioning, and there are plenty of journalists out there who don't like him. He polls well now because he's more high-profile than the other candidates, but he could easily lose support after a few TV debates and interviews. The problem is though that the other leading candidates haven't got anything even vaguely resembling a realistic solution to the Brexit mess either, and their approach would be basically the same, so Boris probably won't be properly exposed on the issue.
Is it just me? on 13:56 - Jun 12 with 1801 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 13:51 - Jun 12 by footers

At least Johnson has a proven track record of leaving long-term relationships and forging exciting new ones, often before the old one has ended.

He certainly gave up his US citizenship like a shot as soon as they became interested in him contributing his fair share to the IRS...

You can't buy patriotism like that.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 13:57]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024