Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me? 19:51 - Jun 10 with 38234 viewsSpruceMoose

Or does anyone else find the thought of Boris Johnson being our PM, something we can never erase from our history books, utterly and thoroughly depressing?

I mean, ffs, what's the point of anything if that sh!tstain is our representative?

Britain's fall to complete laughing stock will be complete should this come to pass.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is it just me? on 18:30 - Jun 12 with 2390 viewswkj

Is it just me? on 18:27 - Jun 12 by footers

No wonder Bart's form was so off last season with all the bickering and frustrating attacks on here.

Spence must have got wrapped in Oh Jeremy... is my bet

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is it just me? on 18:30 - Jun 12 with 2390 viewsgordon

Is it just me? on 18:11 - Jun 12 by footers

Considering the board bonhomie that existed until a day or two ago, wouldn't it be good if all these little squabbles could be put to bed once and for all?

I know some posters have complained that it's somehow too 'soft' for them now, but weren't many the same people complaining about all the arguments? Or maybe I have that wrong.

Either way, if we're to use this valuable board as Town fans, we should probably all make more of an effort to get on. If not, that could eventually translate to negative results on the pitch. Players do read this forum from time to time, you know.

Sometimes last season when I saw Skusey berating Jonny Nolan for yet another sloppy under-hit pass, and our heads dropped and everyone in blue got a bit more nervous and started playing even worse I did think to myself this is the footballing equivalent of watching that BrixtonBlue and GlasgowBlue argue for 15 pages over something someone said about something someone posted online about something someone said about Jeremy Corbyn or momentum or something and I just thought that's what we've done to the team, it's leached into them by osmosis or something, this is our relegation, we own it.
Is it just me? on 18:34 - Jun 12 with 2374 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 18:30 - Jun 12 by gordon

Sometimes last season when I saw Skusey berating Jonny Nolan for yet another sloppy under-hit pass, and our heads dropped and everyone in blue got a bit more nervous and started playing even worse I did think to myself this is the footballing equivalent of watching that BrixtonBlue and GlasgowBlue argue for 15 pages over something someone said about something someone posted online about something someone said about Jeremy Corbyn or momentum or something and I just thought that's what we've done to the team, it's leached into them by osmosis or something, this is our relegation, we own it.

You are a very wise man, my friend.

Though scientifically unproven, there are many theories about negative energy transference. This can impact on many aspects of one's life, including but not limited to: general wellbeing, financial and career success, sexual performance and halfway line interceptions.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is it just me? on 18:35 - Jun 12 with 2370 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 18:27 - Jun 12 by footers

No wonder Bart's form was so off last season with all the bickering and frustrating attacks on here.

Knudsen couldn't get out of here quick enough because of the slagging off he got from Mr Town.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Is it just me? on 18:39 - Jun 12 with 2354 viewswkj

Is it just me? on 18:35 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

Knudsen couldn't get out of here quick enough because of the slagging off he got from Mr Town.

Don't you mean TheTrueBlue1878? I thought he was the one calling him abusive names on here, I always get those two mixed up though, who knows.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is it just me? on 18:43 - Jun 12 with 2342 viewsTrequartista

Is it just me? on 22:49 - Jun 10 by Guthrum

Thing is, I'm not particularly convinced that Johnson is all that competent, either.

I know it's not the same job but he was elected and re-elected as Mayor of London - a section of the population which contains a sizeable Labour vote. Did a good job by all accounts. It remains to be seen if Mr Khan is re-elected.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Is it just me? on 18:45 - Jun 12 with 2340 viewsHerbivore

Is it just me? on 18:43 - Jun 12 by Trequartista

I know it's not the same job but he was elected and re-elected as Mayor of London - a section of the population which contains a sizeable Labour vote. Did a good job by all accounts. It remains to be seen if Mr Khan is re-elected.

He didn't do a good job by all accounts. Many accounts would paint a very different picture than the one you're painting.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it just me? on 18:46 - Jun 12 with 2330 viewsTrequartista

Is it just me? on 11:57 - Jun 12 by SomethingBlue

Apparently everyone should be more racist because that's what the public want to hear. What a shameful mess.

It's only really the left-wingers that consider what he said as racist, as they do automatically almost anything to do with race. I think majority would put it down as being a bit rude maybe.

Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me? on 18:48 - Jun 12 with 2325 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 18:46 - Jun 12 by Trequartista

It's only really the left-wingers that consider what he said as racist, as they do automatically almost anything to do with race. I think majority would put it down as being a bit rude maybe.

"watermelon smiles" "flag-waving picaninnies" "[talking about IQs] blacks are at the other pole"

What d'ya reckon to those remarks, mister?

Is it just me? on 18:51 - Jun 12 with 2312 viewsHerbivore

Is it just me? on 18:48 - Jun 12 by footers

"watermelon smiles" "flag-waving picaninnies" "[talking about IQs] blacks are at the other pole"

Just being a bit rude.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it just me? on 18:54 - Jun 12 with 2302 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is it just me? on 18:11 - Jun 12 by footers

Considering the board bonhomie that existed until a day or two ago, wouldn't it be good if all these little squabbles could be put to bed once and for all?

I know some posters have complained that it's somehow too 'soft' for them now, but weren't many the same people complaining about all the arguments? Or maybe I have that wrong.

Either way, if we're to use this valuable board as Town fans, we should probably all make more of an effort to get on. If not, that could eventually translate to negative results on the pitch. Players do read this forum from time to time, you know.

I can’t work out if this is serious or not, but I love the idea that Dolly arguing with a few posters over whether a picture is photoshopped or not will translate to worse performances on the pitch!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is it just me? on 18:56 - Jun 12 with 2300 viewsTrequartista

Is it just me? on 18:48 - Jun 12 by footers

I was referring to the letter-boxes. Those ones are pretty racist to the majority i would say, if he said them.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 18:56]

Is it just me? on 18:57 - Jun 12 with 2294 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 18:56 - Jun 12 by Trequartista

I was referring to the letter-boxes. Those ones are pretty racist to the majority i would say, if he said them.

Too many times people don't listen when people tell us who they are. Boris is a racist. He has been telling us that for years through the things he says. We should listen and believe him.

Is it just me? on 19:01 - Jun 12 with 2290 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 18:56 - Jun 12 by Trequartista

Worse than saying them, he wrote them*. That means you at least need to think about what you write before you a) write it b) send it to the sub c) run it past the editor for approval.

*This point raises the old philosophical sore of the 'truthfulness' that exists in either the immediacy of speech or 'thought-out' process of writing. Whether one can be or is more 'truthful' than the other is still a matter of fierce debate.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 19:01]

Is it just me? on 19:01 - Jun 12 with 2286 viewsTrequartista

Is it just me? on 18:57 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

Too many times people don't listen when people tell us who they are. Boris is a racist. He has been telling us that for years through the things he says. We should listen and believe him.

See I think there should be another word for when racist or unpleasant language is used as it is then conflated with actual physical racism. I do appreciate that if the former is tolerated it can lead to latter, but even so, someone is just being dismissed over some things he has said, rather than his ability to do the job.

Is it just me? on 19:07 - Jun 12 with 2270 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 18:54 - Jun 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I can’t work out if this is serious or not, but I love the idea that Dolly arguing with a few posters over whether a picture is photoshopped or not will translate to worse performances on the pitch!

I know someone who knows Tommy Oar. Apparently he'd seen some of the vicious rolling battles on this very forum and decided it wasn't the club/country for him. Too much negativity and people getting on players' backs.

Who's to say Norwood (a prolific social media user) isn't using this forum as a yard stick of the club/area too? Don't forget there's been some pretty upsetting stuff put on here in recent weeks.

Is it just me? on 19:08 - Jun 12 with 2267 viewsgazzer1999

So Sprucey, would you rather have Corbyn as Prime minister?
Your last line would be more apt if that came to pass.
Is it just me? on 19:10 - Jun 12 with 2256 viewseireblue

Is it just me? on 19:01 - Jun 12 by Trequartista

See I think there should be another word for when racist or unpleasant language is used as it is then conflated with actual physical racism. I do appreciate that if the former is tolerated it can lead to latter, but even so, someone is just being dismissed over some things he has said, rather than his ability to do the job.

It is the targets of such comments that get to decide.
Is it just me? on 19:11 - Jun 12 with 2252 viewsgordon

On balance though, I still think I'd rather not have a Prime Minister who says racist things, even if when he has people beaten up it isn't driven by racism.
Is it just me? on 19:13 - Jun 12 with 2242 viewsSpruceMoose

Racist words ARE actual racism. Surely you're not saying it's only racist if you physically harm someone?
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 19:15]

Is it just me? on 19:14 - Jun 12 with 2234 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 19:08 - Jun 12 by gazzer1999

So Sprucey, would you rather have Corbyn as Prime minister?
Your last line would be more apt if that came to pass.

Bleeding heck, you're the king of whataboutery.

A) What the fook has Corbyn got to do with it?
B) Yes I would
C) I wouldn't vote for Labour or the Conservatives at this point.

Is it just me? on 19:31 - Jun 12 with 2200 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is it just me? on 19:07 - Jun 12 by footers

I know someone who knows Tommy Oar. Apparently he'd seen some of the vicious rolling battles on this very forum and decided it wasn't the club/country for him. Too much negativity and people getting on players' backs.

Who's to say Norwood (a prolific social media user) isn't using this forum as a yard stick of the club/area too? Don't forget there's been some pretty upsetting stuff put on here in recent weeks.

Thank Christ for that
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 19:32]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is it just me? on 19:32 - Jun 12 with 2204 viewsSpruceMoose

Trequartista be entering this thread like...

Is it just me? on 19:39 - Jun 12 with 2190 viewspickles110564

Is it just me? on 19:14 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

Bleeding heck, you're the king of whataboutery.

A) What the fook has Corbyn got to do with it?
B) Yes I would
C) I wouldn't vote for Labour or the Conservatives at this point.

I'm C at the moment as you know.
Is it just me? on 19:42 - Jun 12 with 2174 viewsTrequartista

Is it just me? on 19:32 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

Trequartista be entering this thread like...

?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024