Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me? 19:51 - Jun 10 with 37923 viewsSpruceMoose

Or does anyone else find the thought of Boris Johnson being our PM, something we can never erase from our history books, utterly and thoroughly depressing?

I mean, ffs, what's the point of anything if that sh!tstain is our representative?

Britain's fall to complete laughing stock will be complete should this come to pass.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is it just me? on 08:42 - Jun 11 with 3691 viewsflimflam

Just think why we may be getting a new PM?

If all the parties had not been such useless twerps for the last 3 years then we would not be where we are today.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Is it just me? on 08:49 - Jun 11 with 3683 viewsSteve_M

Is it just me? on 20:06 - Jun 10 by SpruceMoose

Well yes. Now you've made me feel even worse. But I think such is my hatred for Johnson it would bother me to see him get what he wants more than the other candidates.

Johnson's sheer vanity and obvious desire to be PM purely for it's own sake means that his failure to do so will be enjoyable but the alternatives are all crap. And that obviously includes Corbyn who struggles to show any opposition to even this sh1tshow of a government.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is it just me? on 08:51 - Jun 11 with 3681 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it just me? on 19:57 - Jun 10 by slump

All all gone to sh!t since 24 June 2016.

Literally nothing would surprise me now.

It's been sh!t for a lot longer than that.

Brexit has served a certain purpose in that regard. By being an inescapably real situation instead of the usual posturing with words, it's exposed our Westminster politicians, the system and a self-interested media that keep fuelling it for what they are. Basically, they're not fit for purpose.

The question is what do we do about that instead of this being exploited by populist chancers like Farage. In Scotland, the truth has been inescapable for longer and has resulted in the SNP. So perhaps this surge of support to the LibDems can last a bit longer and stem a slide to the silly right-wing?

Pronouns: He/Him

Is it just me? on 09:00 - Jun 11 with 3655 viewsHerbivore

Is it just me? on 08:42 - Jun 11 by flimflam

Just think why we may be getting a new PM?

If all the parties had not been such useless twerps for the last 3 years then we would not be where we are today.

What should they have done?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it just me? on 09:03 - Jun 11 with 3650 viewsflimflam

Is it just me? on 09:00 - Jun 11 by Herbivore

What should they have done?

Implemented Brexit for a start and then BJ would not be anywhere near being PM.

Is it just me? on 09:05 - Jun 11 with 3642 viewsHerbivore

Is it just me? on 09:03 - Jun 11 by flimflam

Implemented Brexit for a start and then BJ would not be anywhere near being PM.

How should they have implemented Brexit? You make it sound like it's straightforward.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is it just me? on 09:12 - Jun 11 with 3627 viewsflimflam

Is it just me? on 09:05 - Jun 11 by Herbivore

How should they have implemented Brexit? You make it sound like it's straightforward.

I guess we will see how simple it can be in October.

Is it just me? on 09:14 - Jun 11 with 3622 viewsRadlett_blue

It's depressing, but nowhere near as frightening as the prospect of Corbyn as PM.
The next Tory leader is going to be toast anyway unless they can deliver an acceptable form of Brexit, which is impossible.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me? on 09:19 - Jun 11 with 3620 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Saw this little gem during last nights Thatcher documentary..

....let's not pretend 'populism' is new.....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Is it just me? on 09:31 - Jun 11 with 3600 viewsBlueBadger

Is it just me? on 09:12 - Jun 11 by flimflam

I guess we will see how simple it can be in October.

So, the last three years haven't convinced you that it might be a tad more complicated than it was sold?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is it just me? on 09:38 - Jun 11 with 3597 viewsBlueBoots

Is it just me? on 08:04 - Jun 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

Too late they've already ridden...Thatcher, Reagan, Brezhnev and Li.

Nah - world didn't end then; those 4 had unpleasant ideas, the new 4 have deranged ideas...

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/10/north-korean-general-executed-thrown-piranha-fill

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Is it just me? on 09:41 - Jun 11 with 3594 viewsMrTown

Who cares, we’ve got James Norwood.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Is it just me? on 09:43 - Jun 11 with 3589 viewsflimflam

Is it just me? on 09:31 - Jun 11 by BlueBadger

So, the last three years haven't convinced you that it might be a tad more complicated than it was sold?

Like I said we will see when we actually go and negotiate with a backbone.

They have said no more negotiations so that leaves only one option.

Is it just me? on 09:44 - Jun 11 with 3586 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Is it just me? on 09:38 - Jun 11 by BlueBoots

Nah - world didn't end then; those 4 had unpleasant ideas, the new 4 have deranged ideas...

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/10/north-korean-general-executed-thrown-piranha-fill

Like the Korean general it was the start of a long slow death!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Is it just me? on 09:51 - Jun 11 with 3574 viewsblueislander

Is it just me? on 09:43 - Jun 11 by flimflam

Like I said we will see when we actually go and negotiate with a backbone.

They have said no more negotiations so that leaves only one option.

If you think that the EU are going to roll over when faced with Boris’s idle and fatuous threats then I think you are in for a nasty surprise. What is it that makes you think they will change the agreement that has already been made?
Is it just me? on 09:57 - Jun 11 with 3559 viewsflimflam

Is it just me? on 09:51 - Jun 11 by blueislander

If you think that the EU are going to roll over when faced with Boris’s idle and fatuous threats then I think you are in for a nasty surprise. What is it that makes you think they will change the agreement that has already been made?

They wont. Which leaves just the one option.

Is it just me? on 09:57 - Jun 11 with 3560 viewsSteve_M

Is it just me? on 09:51 - Jun 11 by blueislander

The problem is that too many in the UK don't understand the relative strengths of the EU compared to this country. As evidenced by the post your replied to.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Is it just me? on 10:08 - Jun 11 with 3537 viewschiddley

And you believe this man is going to be top of the pile?
It doesn't matter who gets voted in the government always win.

chill.

Poll: The best joke petition of the last few days

Is it just me? on 10:47 - Jun 11 with 3495 viewsBrixtonBlue

Is it just me? on 07:04 - Jun 11 by jimmyvet

If it’s a choice between Boris and JC I would vote for Boris every time. If however the opposition had a rationale centrist none Marxist then at a GE I would be very happy to vote for them. But we don’t we are stuck with current Tories or 70 something bloke who shouts at rallies but doesn’t do a lot else.

What else is he supposed to do when he's not in power?

You're a symptom of what's wrong in this country - people voting for personalities rather than policies.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Is it just me? on 11:02 - Jun 11 with 3466 viewsitfcjoe

Is it just me? on 10:47 - Jun 11 by BrixtonBlue

You're a symptom of what's wrong in this country - people voting for personalities rather than policies.

You do realise many people disagree with his policies too, and his personality his intertwined with that.

The poster has said if Labour was more centrist he'd vote for them, he clearly doesn't like Corbyn's polciies

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is it just me? on 11:03 - Jun 11 with 3459 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it just me? on 10:47 - Jun 11 by BrixtonBlue

Indeed.

The idea that Boris or indeed any of the other contenders leading the Conservatives is what the UK now needs is frankly insanity. Their record domestically and over Brexit is shocking, and now they look like doubling down.

Objectively we need to reappraise and rebalance the social conditions in this country. Whatever one thinks about Corbyn as a leader, if it's a choice between Red and Blue then there's only one reasonable choice.

Is it just me? on 11:11 - Jun 11 with 3441 viewsitfcjoe

Is it just me? on 11:03 - Jun 11 by Darth_Koont

Indeed.

The idea that Boris or indeed any of the other contenders leading the Conservatives is what the UK now needs is frankly insanity. Their record domestically and over Brexit is shocking, and now they look like doubling down.

Objectively we need to reappraise and rebalance the social conditions in this country. Whatever one thinks about Corbyn as a leader, if it's a choice between Red and Blue then there's only one reasonable choice.

Yellow

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is it just me? on 11:12 - Jun 11 with 3434 viewsWeWereZombies

Is it just me? on 11:03 - Jun 11 by Darth_Koont

Indeed.

Well, there may be another choice:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48580971

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Is it just me? on 11:17 - Jun 11 with 3421 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it just me? on 11:11 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

Yellow

We'll see. I doubt that will translate into a real GE performance but the LibDems do seem to be to the left of the old New Labour so that's a step in the right direction.

It's time for someone to pick up the ball and sort out the UK's structural issues and imbalances. Actively and not just talking about it.

Is it just me? on 11:20 - Jun 11 with 3411 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it just me? on 11:12 - Jun 11 by WeWereZombies

Well, there may be another choice:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-48580971

Well, she's not wrong:

"Ahead of her speech at the European Policy Centre, Ms Sturgeon said people in Scotland had "shown that they comprehensively reject Brexit and want to remain as a European nation".

She added: "Membership of the EU not only has huge economic benefits for Scotland, but is the basis of the core values we share around democracy, equality, co-operation and human rights.

"My engagements in Brussels are an opportunity to outline the Scottish government's support for those values and how they contribute to a better Scotland, Europe and wider world.

"On issues such as climate change and tackling inequality we can all work together to ensure the wellbeing of our citizens, as well as the wealth of member states."

And none of that will be coming from Westminster unless there's a radical shift in priorities and taking responsibility.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024