Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me? 19:51 - Jun 10 with 37931 viewsSpruceMoose

Or does anyone else find the thought of Boris Johnson being our PM, something we can never erase from our history books, utterly and thoroughly depressing?

I mean, ffs, what's the point of anything if that sh!tstain is our representative?

Britain's fall to complete laughing stock will be complete should this come to pass.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is it just me? on 14:33 - Jun 11 with 1511 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 14:30 - Jun 11 by pickles110564

Sprucey thats not fair, I was answering a question where someone said you were rich on £80k a year. As far as I am concerned that is not rich.
Rich is people like Clegg that drops all their principles as soon as they get a sniff of power of a gold coin or too.
Cable was just the same, Miliband etc. there are too many of them to mention.
Look at Kinnock totally against the EU until he started receiving money from them.
Hessletine, how much does he get from the EU every year?

That's my point. To many working class people 80K a year IS rich. Doesn't matter that there are people even richer than that.

To a lot of people I know, including my own family, what they consider rich is an extremely low starting level of two foreign holidays a year and a brand new car every three.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 14:36]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Is it just me? on 14:33 - Jun 11 with 1505 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 14:26 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

He doesn't like Labour - he must be a Tory.....

You're a lib dem aren't you? Pretty staggering betrayal that.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is it just me? on 14:33 - Jun 11 with 1505 viewspickles110564

Is it just me? on 14:25 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

What year is your nephew in? What university does he attend?

Just finished 1st year at Liverpool m8.
As soon as my daughter arrived in UNI the hard graft began.
Is it just me? on 14:34 - Jun 11 with 1503 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 14:32 - Jun 11 by pickles110564

So now you are comparing a Law Degree in a top university to a degree in geography? You really are being silly on this one Footers.

Have you done both degrees? If not then you're being the silly one.

Those degrees are both respectable and both require completely different skill sets. I know you want to big up your daughter, but don't do it by throwing your nephew under the bus.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 14:37]

Is it just me? on 14:34 - Jun 11 with 1502 viewswkj

Is it just me? on 14:33 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

That's my point. To many working class people 80K a year IS rich. Doesn't matter that there are people even richer than that.

To a lot of people I know, including my own family, what they consider rich is an extremely low starting level of two foreign holidays a year and a brand new car every three.

Mate, I'm so rich now if someone shows me a picture of a bank note, I can tell you what bank it comes from. Too bad my porridge had the consistency of shillings though

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is it just me? on 14:35 - Jun 11 with 1496 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 14:33 - Jun 11 by pickles110564

Just finished 1st year at Liverpool m8.
As soon as my daughter arrived in UNI the hard graft began.

What university is she at?

Is your nephew opting to take the year abroad a lot of Geography course offer?

Is it just me? on 14:36 - Jun 11 with 1489 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 14:34 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

Have you done both degrees? If not then you're being the silly one.

Those degrees are both respectable and both require completely different skill sets. I know you want to big up your daughter, but don't do it by throwing your nephew under the bus.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 14:37]

Fancy talking about degrees being easy when you haven't even got one!

Still time, pickles.

Is it just me? on 14:38 - Jun 11 with 1474 viewspickles110564

Is it just me? on 14:36 - Jun 11 by footers

Fancy talking about degrees being easy when you haven't even got one!

Still time, pickles.

Ha Ha back to the good old Footers, yes I know you think I am thick and like rubbing it in.
Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me? on 14:39 - Jun 11 with 1469 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 14:38 - Jun 11 by pickles110564

Ha Ha back to the good old Footers, yes I know you think I am thick and like rubbing it in.

How is it any different to you disparaging your nephew though? I guarantee you he wont be doing 7 hours of lectures a week in his second year btw.

Is it just me? on 14:40 - Jun 11 with 1465 viewspickles110564

Is it just me? on 14:35 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

What university is she at?

Is your nephew opting to take the year abroad a lot of Geography course offer?

My daughter finished at UNI and is now studying to become an accountant.

Not that I am aware of.
Is it just me? on 14:40 - Jun 11 with 1463 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is it just me? on 14:07 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

It might just be what I see on Twitter and the rabbit holes I choose to go down and the middle class left wing privately educated university graduate Corbynistas seem to care less about the genuine working class in this country and that are being ignored whilst talk of Syria, Palestine and the like who I'm sure the people they are trying to get elected to represent couldn't really care less about when they are on zero hour contracts going to foodbanks and struggling from day to day.

Maybe I just don't know enough about foreign affairs, but those on our own doorstep need to be prioritsed in my view and they aren't being

There is an element of the Labour support now which actively looks down on the very working class types the party has traditionally aimed to support

Clearly it’s not a majority but it’s a very vocal minority, and is one of the reasons Labour have lost some of their traditional support base in recent years

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is it just me? on 14:41 - Jun 11 with 1462 viewswkj

This is getting farcical to be honest.

Crybaby

Is it just me? on 14:41 - Jun 11 with 1460 viewsgordon

Is it just me? on 14:25 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

It doesn't tackle it the right way for me - tax grabs mainly and all the talk of nationalisation of rails and services is just pie in the sky

Just a small point, but the nationalisation of 'rails' isn't pie in the sky. It happened in 2002. Management of our rail network was privatised in 1994 as part of the Railways Act, and was privately run for 8 years by Railtrack - it was so disastrous and bad value for money for the taxpayer that it was re-nationalised in 2002 as Network Rail.

Equally, the privatised franchising system has been pretty awful, and various franchises have been temporarily nationalised in the wake of collapses to keep the trains running. There are lots of franchises ending in the next few years, and it would be pretty straightforward to re-nationalise as the franchises expire - it just needs the Railways Act to be repealed, which effectively forbids the public sector from running franchises on a permanent basis.
Is it just me? on 14:41 - Jun 11 with 1457 viewspickles110564

Is it just me? on 14:39 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

How is it any different to you disparaging your nephew though? I guarantee you he wont be doing 7 hours of lectures a week in his second year btw.

Again you have taken this out of context,.
I will now add dont talk about UNI on my avoid topics list.
Is it just me? on 14:42 - Jun 11 with 1452 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 14:40 - Jun 11 by pickles110564

My daughter finished at UNI and is now studying to become an accountant.

Not that I am aware of.

I have to say, considering the way the Earth is going climate wise, Geographers may prove to be more valuable to us than accountants.

I hope you're not so down on your Nephew when you see him in person. You should be proud of him. He's going to contribute to something worthwhile. Not like he spends all day inside gambling online and eating takeaways.

Is it just me? on 14:43 - Jun 11 with 1445 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 14:41 - Jun 11 by pickles110564

Again you have taken this out of context,.
I will now add dont talk about UNI on my avoid topics list.

We aren't falling out mate, I'm just trying to get you to see that 7 hours of lecture a week in your first year (if that is correct) is not all the work he will be doing.

Is it just me? on 14:44 - Jun 11 with 1441 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is it just me? on 14:42 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

I have to say, considering the way the Earth is going climate wise, Geographers may prove to be more valuable to us than accountants.

I hope you're not so down on your Nephew when you see him in person. You should be proud of him. He's going to contribute to something worthwhile. Not like he spends all day inside gambling online and eating takeaways.

Taking a pop at other posters again I see, what did Rommy ever do to you?
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 14:44]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is it just me? on 14:45 - Jun 11 with 1435 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 14:44 - Jun 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Taking a pop at other posters again I see, what did Rommy ever do to you?
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 14:44]

Rommy is fully engaged in higher education I think you'll find!

Is it just me? on 14:45 - Jun 11 with 1434 viewswkj

Quality of Degree =/= finite time in lab + finite time in lectures

Quality of Degree = finite time in practical labs + finite time in lectures + variable time of self directed study

q = l + p + xs

Crybaby

Is it just me? on 14:47 - Jun 11 with 1430 viewsbrogansnose

Is it just me? on 14:11 - Jun 11 by footers

Well, that's the 'I swallow and spout cheap, ridiculous characterisations without thinking' bingo card marked off.

If you read Labour's manifesto you might find some stuff in there that tackles many domestic issues. Not sure there's a whole lot on Syria and Palestine in there though :(

And could people stop using 'university educated' as some sort of insult? It's ridiculous and frankly insulting to those of us who went to uni and worked hard for our degrees.

Thanks

Joe's not wrong here though. Apart from giving the impression that the current leadership is more concerned with the Middle East and the internal situations in the likes of Venezuela, they don't convey their message to those effected by globalisation and austerity very well and come accross as aloof and more interested in internal factionalism. Admittedly, some of this will be media generated but Labour are not taking advantage of what is a godawful, dangerous bunch of ignorant, self seeking incompetant Tory schmucks. People I know and work with absolutely revile Corbyn whilst being fully aware that the likes of BJ et all are chuffing useless.

Well done for getting your degree and I'm sure you worked damn hard for it and I mean that sincerely but when you then go on about ' thick brick lugging donkeys' , which is my trade btw, then you alienate the working class who you purport to fight for and support. See also Emily Thornberry. When Labour loses touch with the working class then it leaves a void to be filled which it has been by populist's like Farage and his ilk.
Is it just me? on 14:49 - Jun 11 with 1411 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 14:47 - Jun 11 by brogansnose

Joe's not wrong here though. Apart from giving the impression that the current leadership is more concerned with the Middle East and the internal situations in the likes of Venezuela, they don't convey their message to those effected by globalisation and austerity very well and come accross as aloof and more interested in internal factionalism. Admittedly, some of this will be media generated but Labour are not taking advantage of what is a godawful, dangerous bunch of ignorant, self seeking incompetant Tory schmucks. People I know and work with absolutely revile Corbyn whilst being fully aware that the likes of BJ et all are chuffing useless.

Well done for getting your degree and I'm sure you worked damn hard for it and I mean that sincerely but when you then go on about ' thick brick lugging donkeys' , which is my trade btw, then you alienate the working class who you purport to fight for and support. See also Emily Thornberry. When Labour loses touch with the working class then it leaves a void to be filled which it has been by populist's like Farage and his ilk.

Fwiw, I don't think Footers is serious about the hod botherers. I think he's just responding to the constant criticism that students seem to get on here.

Is it just me? on 14:50 - Jun 11 with 1404 viewsGeoffSentence

Is it just me? on 09:57 - Jun 11 by flimflam

They wont. Which leaves just the one option.

two options

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Is it just me? on 14:50 - Jun 11 with 1402 viewswkj

Is it just me? on 14:49 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

Fwiw, I don't think Footers is serious about the hod botherers. I think he's just responding to the constant criticism that students seem to get on here.

It is a facinating critique to be honest, anyone that ignores the fact a balance of thinkers and doers makes the world tick is an utter hod botherer tbf

Crybaby

Is it just me? on 14:54 - Jun 11 with 1384 viewspickles110564

Is it just me? on 14:50 - Jun 11 by wkj

It is a facinating critique to be honest, anyone that ignores the fact a balance of thinkers and doers makes the world tick is an utter hod botherer tbf

It is the people like Footers that are so smug and think they are so much better than us thickies that is the problem.
Is it just me? on 14:54 - Jun 11 with 1383 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 14:47 - Jun 11 by brogansnose

Sorry brogs, didn't mean to offend. As Spruce pointed out it was more a dig at those who seek to pull down students and other book-wranglers.

I agree that Labour hasn't done a great job at holding the government to account or laying out its vision. But that is very difficult with such a hostile press who want to play personality politics and not focus on policy.

On the other hand, I don't want to infantilise the working class who know full well what they're voting for. If they honestly believe the Tories/UKIP/Brexit will do them a favour then there's not much more I can say to that. They have eyes, ears and brains too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024