Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me? 19:51 - Jun 10 with 38006 viewsSpruceMoose

Or does anyone else find the thought of Boris Johnson being our PM, something we can never erase from our history books, utterly and thoroughly depressing?

I mean, ffs, what's the point of anything if that sh!tstain is our representative?

Britain's fall to complete laughing stock will be complete should this come to pass.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is it just me? on 17:07 - Jun 11 with 1514 viewsgordon

Is it just me? on 16:40 - Jun 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Some will be upset but a deal that sees most of the key points (and crucially freedom of movement) will ultimately be accepted - I don’t buy that it’s simply no deal or remain, although it doesn’t look like there are much other options from the position May has negotiated us into

I’m not sure on your final paragraph either - as Gordon has alluded I think the consequences of not leaving could be much more far reaching than just risking some economic fallout

Not leaving (after a second referendum or whatever) would lead a surge in support for far-right populist parties, entering the vacuum left by the disintegration of the Tories.

At least if Boris 'delivers' brexit and owns the disaster that is coming, at least there's a chance that the next alternative might be a sensible post-Corbyn Labour party to clean up the mess.

I just can't see how we can keep free movement given how the media and certain politicians would play it if we did. would still be 'betrayal' etc.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 17:09]
Is it just me? on 17:08 - Jun 11 with 1509 viewsGlasgowBlue

Is it just me? on 17:05 - Jun 11 by Darth_Koont

http://labourconference.org/#timetable.html

No mention of Palestine on the planned timetable. Brexit and Healthcare were already on there so maybe you got confused about the choice to add in Palestine as an extra?

You didn't read what I posted did you? At last year's Labour party conference, constituency parties put Palestine ahead of Brexit and the NHS in their choice of issues to be discussed.

I have to go. I'll leave you with this

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Is it just me? on 17:08 - Jun 11 with 1507 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it just me? on 17:05 - Jun 11 by GlasgowBlue

what gives you the impression that I am anything but calm?

Joe's original post was about people's perception of Labour under Corbyn. If you don't believe that putting Palestine above the NHS and Brexit as a topic for discussion at the conference of the party who are supposed to be the government in waiting, gives the impression to disillusioned northern working class voters that Labour cares more about the middle east than it does about the north east then you are a symptom of how out of touch London Labour are with the rest of the country.

Good! If enough people in Labour think like you then Bolsover, Hartlepool etc are lost and Corbyn won't ever reside in 10 Downing Street.

See above. You've made a pretty disingenuous insinuation there.

But that's as natural and expected as a bear defecating in the woods.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is it just me? on 17:09 - Jun 11 with 1505 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 17:08 - Jun 11 by GlasgowBlue

You didn't read what I posted did you? At last year's Labour party conference, constituency parties put Palestine ahead of Brexit and the NHS in their choice of issues to be discussed.

What I find more concerning is how far down that list 'Climate' is.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Is it just me? on 17:10 - Jun 11 with 1502 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it just me? on 17:08 - Jun 11 by GlasgowBlue

That's not an answer. Those subjects were already tabled for discussion.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is it just me? on 17:10 - Jun 11 with 1501 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is it just me? on 16:59 - Jun 11 by Steve_M

How is an end result that leaves the UK in a far worse position than the rest of the EU a negotiating advantage? Yes, No Deal is bad for the EU but it would be far worse for the UK.

I didn’t say it was an advantage but it would put us in a better negotiating position than taking the worst result for the EU off the table - even if it’s a bad result for us too

As it stands it looks a quite possible outcome for us anyway, except we’ve had much less time to prepare for it

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is it just me? on 17:12 - Jun 11 with 1489 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Is it just me? on 17:07 - Jun 11 by gordon

Not leaving (after a second referendum or whatever) would lead a surge in support for far-right populist parties, entering the vacuum left by the disintegration of the Tories.

At least if Boris 'delivers' brexit and owns the disaster that is coming, at least there's a chance that the next alternative might be a sensible post-Corbyn Labour party to clean up the mess.

I just can't see how we can keep free movement given how the media and certain politicians would play it if we did. would still be 'betrayal' etc.

Yep agree with that - not to mention the short term climate which I think could very realistically lead to some properly violent disturbances on the streets. Whilst we clearly shouldn’t be beholden to things like that, the wider consequences do need to be considered

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Is it just me? on 17:17 - Jun 11 with 1471 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 17:05 - Jun 11 by GlasgowBlue

what gives you the impression that I am anything but calm?

Joe's original post was about people's perception of Labour under Corbyn. If you don't believe that putting Palestine above the NHS and Brexit as a topic for discussion at the conference of the party who are supposed to be the government in waiting, gives the impression to disillusioned northern working class voters that Labour cares more about the middle east than it does about the north east then you are a symptom of how out of touch London Labour are with the rest of the country.

Good! If enough people in Labour think like you then Bolsover, Hartlepool etc are lost and Corbyn won't ever reside in 10 Downing Street.

Don't you care about the Palestinian people? Should it not be brought up for discussion?

I'm sure the working class voters in the north were all glued to conference. Maybe they only just saw that bit and missed the majority of the event where Labour members were discussing Labour policies that would benefit them.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me? on 17:44 - Jun 11 with 1431 viewspickles110564

Is it just me? on 14:58 - Jun 11 by footers

Sorry, weren't you just putting down geography students and others despite not having a degree yourself? I'm not the one with chips on my shoulder, buh.

Again just more spin from you.
Is it just me? on 17:45 - Jun 11 with 1430 viewspickles110564

Is it just me? on 15:05 - Jun 11 by footers

Why would you be saying your nephew is relatively thick if you didn't?

You really are a smug @rse, i never said that.
Is it just me? on 17:46 - Jun 11 with 1429 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 17:44 - Jun 11 by pickles110564

If you get the chances matey I wouldn't mind you taking a look at and addressing my posts. I'm worried you thought I was being mean to you when that wasn't my intention.

Is it just me? on 17:47 - Jun 11 with 1420 viewspickles110564

Is it just me? on 15:44 - Jun 11 by footers

They'll never own it because it's 'not what we voted for' - such a cop out. So I agree that it needs to be the hardest possible Brexit to satisfy the hardcore leavers.

I can't see any political opportunity for us to change course now. Tory and leave voters, this is your mess, own it.

What about all the MP's that voted to invoke Article 50, they knew if they did not agree a deal we would leave on WTO terms. They are all to blame.
Is it just me? on 17:55 - Jun 11 with 1396 viewsfooters

Is it just me? on 17:45 - Jun 11 by pickles110564

You really are a smug @rse, i never said that.

And you never turned up to the football. But hey ho.

I actually think you're a troll so much of what you post on here just doesn't stack up.

Now, pickles, please, leave me alone. I am going to place you on ignore now so any comments you may have for me, please direct them to Phil via PM.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is it just me? on 17:57 - Jun 11 with 1393 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 17:55 - Jun 11 by footers

And you never turned up to the football. But hey ho.

I actually think you're a troll so much of what you post on here just doesn't stack up.

Now, pickles, please, leave me alone. I am going to place you on ignore now so any comments you may have for me, please direct them to Phil via PM.

Is it just me? on 18:22 - Jun 11 with 1357 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 17:44 - Jun 11 by pickles110564

It’s that time again people.. by pickles110564 29 Dec 2018 22:52
Your club? How old are you? Typical uni boy who is clueless, I hope you are not taking business studies? probably studying art or something else that's worthless in the business world.

This post doesn't suggest you look to favourably on university types though mate, you must agree?

Is it just me? on 18:31 - Jun 11 with 1338 viewswkj

Is it just me? on 17:47 - Jun 11 by pickles110564

What about all the MP's that voted to invoke Article 50, they knew if they did not agree a deal we would leave on WTO terms. They are all to blame.

Remind us again, how did you vote in the EU referendum?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is it just me? on 18:52 - Jun 11 with 1320 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 18:31 - Jun 11 by wkj

Remind us again, how did you vote in the EU referendum?

Is this a trick question? I mean, he obviously voted Leave. He's been talking about No Deal Brexits for months now.

Is it just me? on 18:57 - Jun 11 with 1313 viewswkj

Is it just me? on 18:52 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

Is this a trick question? I mean, he obviously voted Leave. He's been talking about No Deal Brexits for months now.

Really?, I must have missed it. Hopefully he humours me with a reply to make sure I'm reminded

Crybaby

Is it just me? on 19:17 - Jun 11 with 1276 viewsjaykay

Is it just me? on 18:22 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

It’s that time again people.. by pickles110564 29 Dec 2018 22:52
Your club? How old are you? Typical uni boy who is clueless, I hope you are not taking business studies? probably studying art or something else that's worthless in the business world.

This post doesn't suggest you look to favourably on university types though mate, you must agree?

i cant wait to hear "they don't know they are born" to be thrown into the mix.
nothing wrong with getting a decree in geography ,rodney trotter only got a O level in that subject and he finished up a t.v. star

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Is it just me? on 19:21 - Jun 11 with 1264 viewsgordon

Is it just me? on 17:47 - Jun 11 by pickles110564

No deal was only really being talked about by remainers back then - leavers thought it was absurd to think we would end up without a deal.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 19:32]
Is it just me? on 19:21 - Jun 11 with 1261 viewskilroysilkers

Is it just me? on 19:17 - Jun 11 by jaykay

i cant wait to hear "they don't know they are born" to be thrown into the mix.
nothing wrong with getting a decree in geography ,rodney trotter only got a O level in that subject and he finished up a t.v. star

I failed my eleven-plus in 1953; however, I later passed the review and was educated at Saltley Grammar School, Saltley, Birmingham. I then attended the London School of Economics to study politics and economics.

Just goes to show what a little hard work and gumption can do!
Is it just me? on 19:22 - Jun 11 with 1258 viewsSpruceMoose

Is it just me? on 19:21 - Jun 11 by kilroysilkers

I failed my eleven-plus in 1953; however, I later passed the review and was educated at Saltley Grammar School, Saltley, Birmingham. I then attended the London School of Economics to study politics and economics.

Just goes to show what a little hard work and gumption can do!

Shut yer face you permatanned racist pr!ck.

Is it just me? on 19:29 - Jun 11 with 1239 viewswkj

Is it just me? on 19:22 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

The timing of this account is coincidental wouldn't you say

Crybaby

Is it just me? on 19:30 - Jun 11 with 1238 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is it just me? on 17:07 - Jun 11 by gordon

They’re going to bleat on about betrayal whatever the outcome. Just look at how they’ve moved the goalposts saying that a no deal Brexit is the only thing anyone voted for. They’re liars and opportunists hell bent on driving us over a cliff edge in pursuit of their own personal ambitions (and at the behest of their pay masters).

It needs to be fought every step of the way imo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is it just me? on 19:34 - Jun 11 with 1227 viewsWeWereZombies

Is it just me? on 19:22 - Jun 11 by SpruceMoose

That's a bit tanist...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024