Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Careful what you wish for? 21:26 - Jun 10 with 4827 viewsxrayspecs

ROI 1-0 Gibraltar

78 mins

Sean Maguire offside now. Mick McCarthy screams some instructions from the sideline.

This is terrible to watch.
Careful what you wish for? on 21:30 - Jun 10 with 2486 viewsPinewoodblue

Four goals in four games but 5pts clear in their group if scores don't change.

Wonder what he will say if they are booed on the final whistle..

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Careful what you wish for? on 21:34 - Jun 10 with 2450 viewsxrayspecs

A reminder that Gibraltar have conceded 107 goals in their previous 22 qualifiers, all defeats.

BBC
Careful what you wish for? on 21:40 - Jun 10 with 2421 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

2-0 now

5 points clear at the top of their qualifying group now, and 3 wins from 4 plus an away draw at the team in second. A successful campaign so far

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Careful what you wish for? on 21:59 - Jun 10 with 2327 viewsvapour_trail

Careful what grudges you hold twelve months and one relegation later.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Careful what you wish for? on 22:01 - Jun 10 with 2311 viewsxrayspecs

Careful what you wish for? on 21:40 - Jun 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

2-0 now

5 points clear at the top of their qualifying group now, and 3 wins from 4 plus an away draw at the team in second. A successful campaign so far

Before Denmark game - would take a point and not even get on the plane.

Dull victory vs one of the worst teams in the world

MM grinding out results. Is that what fans really want?
Careful what you wish for? on 22:04 - Jun 10 with 2294 viewsTerry_Nutkins

What is the point of this post? He's doing a good job again with a very poor ROI team. He does it very well. Honest, hardworking and tactically sound football. Not great to watch but suited to limited squads.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Careful what you wish for? on 22:10 - Jun 10 with 2260 viewsxrayspecs

Careful what you wish for? on 21:59 - Jun 10 by vapour_trail

Careful what grudges you hold twelve months and one relegation later.

Appreciated what MM did for us. He was working on a shoe string.

Hated his obstinate failure to accept why Town fans fell out with him. I stopped my ST after many years because the four hour round trip became a heart sink. I am passionate about my club - have been since mid-70s - MM and his football gave me a reason not to come anymore.

I find his post-ITFC sniping incredibly bitter.

Anyway, new ST in a lower league with a new manager and cannot wait.
Careful what you wish for? on 22:12 - Jun 10 with 2236 viewsFtnfwest

2-0 now

He can only beat what’s in front of him. But you do realise 2 of those 3 wins have been against Gibraltar ?!
Login to get fewer ads

Careful what you wish for? on 22:14 - Jun 10 with 2225 viewsxrayspecs

Careful what you wish for? on 22:04 - Jun 10 by Terry_Nutkins

What is the point of this post? He's doing a good job again with a very poor ROI team. He does it very well. Honest, hardworking and tactically sound football. Not great to watch but suited to limited squads.

Dour. Paint by numbers, Grind out a point. Sorry, football should be entertaining. It should be what we live for at the weekend, not what we endure.
Careful what you wish for? on 22:16 - Jun 10 with 2217 viewsSuperblue95

Careful what you wish for? on 22:01 - Jun 10 by xrayspecs

Before Denmark game - would take a point and not even get on the plane.

Dull victory vs one of the worst teams in the world

MM grinding out results. Is that what fans really want?

As I’m living in Ireland, I used to always sit down and watch every Ireland match on the telly. I haven’t watched a single minute of any match since Mick took over again though.

Nothing against him but I just can’t bear watching his football anymore

Edit: I did see a clip of the goal Judge assisted the other day actually so technically I have watched something
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 22:18]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Careful what you wish for? on 22:16 - Jun 10 with 2216 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Careful what you wish for? on 22:10 - Jun 10 by xrayspecs

Hated his obstinate failure to accept why Town fans fell out with him. I stopped my ST after many years because the four hour round trip became a heart sink. I am passionate about my club - have been since mid-70s - MM and his football gave me a reason not to come anymore.

Good for you (the season ticket) but rise above it.

The good thing about his sniping is that he is bitter about leaving. He loved it here and feels he deserved longer. In terms of achievement on the pitch he probably did but in terms of entertainment and relationship with the fans his time was run.

It would be nice if he moved on. If he can't perhaps our fans can. I respect MM for what he did and wish him well with ROI. I wish he hadn't burnt his bridges in the way he did but he is ITFC history and we have had far worse managers in recent history.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Careful what you wish for? on 22:17 - Jun 10 with 2209 viewsFtnfwest

Careful what you wish for? on 22:12 - Jun 10 by Ftnfwest

He can only beat what’s in front of him. But you do realise 2 of those 3 wins have been against Gibraltar ?!

That’s unfair as I didn’t mention that they also beat Georgia...after putting them off by throwing tennis balls at them just before the free kick
Careful what you wish for? on 22:29 - Jun 10 with 2166 viewsxrayspecs

Careful what you wish for? on 22:16 - Jun 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

The good thing about his sniping is that he is bitter about leaving. He loved it here and feels he deserved longer. In terms of achievement on the pitch he probably did but in terms of entertainment and relationship with the fans his time was run.

It would be nice if he moved on. If he can't perhaps our fans can. I respect MM for what he did and wish him well with ROI. I wish he hadn't burnt his bridges in the way he did but he is ITFC history and we have had far worse managers in recent history.

Oh, I am not encumbered by this. It was meant to be an ironic post but I am suspecting I did not do a great job on irony....

As I said, MM helped us punch above our weight in terms of results. But the performance and matchday experience went down hill to the point that many fans simply walked away. Many more than me.

Spent a lot of the last couple of seasons visiting lower league grounds completing the 92. Had not envisaged that would be a dry run for next season. However, I enjoyed most of those games far more than watching Town in the latter MM years. A welcome reminder that it is ultimately not how high you are in the football pyramid but whether you enjoyed your time and want to go back again next time.
Careful what you wish for? on 22:35 - Jun 10 with 2141 viewschristiand

Careful what you wish for? on 22:10 - Jun 10 by xrayspecs

MM would be grinding out results with the current Manchester City squad,he can’t deliver any other way. It’s what you get with him.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Careful what you wish for? on 23:06 - Jun 10 with 2044 viewsBlueBadger

2-0 now

Yes, but he said some swearwords at a football match once.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Careful what you wish for? on 23:15 - Jun 10 with 2022 viewsBlueBadger

Careful what you wish for? on 22:14 - Jun 10 by xrayspecs

Dour. Paint by numbers, Grind out a point. Sorry, football should be entertaining. It should be what we live for at the weekend, not what we endure.

Personally, I'd have rather not endured getting relegated to the third division.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Careful what you wish for? on 23:16 - Jun 10 with 2016 viewsStokieBlue

2-0 now

I think both points can be true can't they?

It can be dull as fook but still be a successful campaign.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Careful what you wish for? on 23:18 - Jun 10 with 2007 viewsSpruceMoose

Jesus wept.

Every time you make a post like this Mick laughs his cock off.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Careful what you wish for? on 23:26 - Jun 10 with 2001 viewsBlueBadger

Careful what you wish for? on 23:18 - Jun 10 by SpruceMoose

Jesus wept.

Every time you make a post like this Mick laughs his cock off.

There's definitely a weird kind of Stockholm Syndrome underlying all this 'look what Mick's doing, hahahahahaha I'm so glad we got relegated to the third division with nary a whimper' stuff.
Don't get me wrong, the man's time was up and things were STALE, but pretending things are BETTER at ITFC now is lunacy.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 8:33]

Careful what you wish for? on 23:27 - Jun 10 with 1986 viewsBlueBadger

Careful what you wish for? on 23:16 - Jun 10 by StokieBlue

I think both points can be true can't they?

It can be dull as fook but still be a successful campaign.

SB

Curse you Stokie, for your endless bloody reasonableness.

Careful what you wish for? on 23:28 - Jun 10 with 1980 viewsBlueBadger

Careful what you wish for? on 23:27 - Jun 10 by BlueBadger

Curse you Stokie, for your endless bloody reasonableness.

As a by-the-by, who would win a 'most reasonable poster on TWTD' contest out of Stokie or Guffers?

I reckon Guffers on technicalities but it would definitely go the full 12.

Careful what you wish for? on 23:29 - Jun 10 with 1981 viewsBlueBadger

Careful what you wish for? on 22:16 - Jun 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

We've had two of them in the last season alone.

Careful what you wish for? on 23:30 - Jun 10 with 1993 viewsPhilTWTD

Sounds a very familiar sort of press conference after tonight's game.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/mccarthy-puzzled-by-the-negativ
Careful what you wish for? on 23:45 - Jun 10 with 1939 viewsMJallday

man does better at his job without constraints of transfer fees and availability of an entire country worth of players shocker.?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Careful what you wish for? on 06:34 - Jun 11 with 1725 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Careful what you wish for? on 22:17 - Jun 10 by Ftnfwest

That’s unfair as I didn’t mention that they also beat Georgia...after putting them off by throwing tennis balls at them just before the free kick

2 of his 3 what’s came against Gibraltar? And they what Georgia? Exactly

Ipswich Town have only won 3 more games than Mick McCarthy has since he left the club. We’ve played 45 more games

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024