Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need to develop a supply line 22:58 - Jun 10 with 3127 viewsGuthrum

One which flows well and is capable of penetrating the outer layers of an opponent's defence. Get the ball to Norwood often and in good areas, give him the maximum number of good chances. Avoid isolation at all costs (a bugbear of recent seasons).

For me, that is more a matter of organisation than new personnel. We have talented midfielders, we just need the right organisation and structures. If anything, it is the defence which needs strengthening, to give the rest of the team a firm base upon which to build attacks.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We need to develop a supply line on 23:09 - Jun 10 with 2790 viewsBLUEBEAT

The more I think about it, the more I expect Edwards and Rowe to turn out to be good signings this season...

Poll: W or W

We need to develop a supply line on 23:14 - Jun 10 with 2788 viewsBlueBadger

Other than the defence, my concern is central midfield. League One is pretty unforgiving, physically. Other than maybe Downes, we don't really have anyone in the centre of the park willing to put their foot in and 'win us the right' to play our game.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We need to develop a supply line on 00:58 - Jun 11 with 2720 viewsbournemouthblue

We need to develop a supply line on 23:14 - Jun 10 by BlueBadger

Other than the defence, my concern is central midfield. League One is pretty unforgiving, physically. Other than maybe Downes, we don't really have anyone in the centre of the park willing to put their foot in and 'win us the right' to play our game.

That's Skuse's job but he will fade

We could certainly do with another enforcer of that Ilk who can shoulder much of the physical workload

I sense Lambert probably prefers three busy nimble midfielders in the middle who can zip the ball about at tempo

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

We need to develop a supply line on 05:01 - Jun 11 with 2685 viewsGerkensBeard

The supply line as follows

Skuse/Downes––––- Nolan/Bishop/Dozzell

Lankester/Edwards–– Judge–––(insert new signing LW please)

––––––––-Norwood–––––––––

That’s a 4-2-3-1 btw
We need to develop a supply line on 06:15 - Jun 11 with 2648 viewschristiand

We need to develop a supply line on 05:01 - Jun 11 by GerkensBeard

That’s a 4-2-3-1 btw

Interestingly, you don’t mention Huws, now he could be an influential player for us in midfield next season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

We need to develop a supply line on 07:26 - Jun 11 with 2583 viewsWhitewolf

We need to develop a supply line on 06:15 - Jun 11 by christiand

Interestingly, you don’t mention Huws, now he could be an influential player for us in midfield next season.

I doubt it, considering the fact that he's constantly injured.
We need to develop a supply line on 07:55 - Jun 11 with 2540 viewsChurchman

We need to develop a supply line on 00:58 - Jun 11 by bournemouthblue

We could certainly do with another enforcer of that Ilk who can shoulder much of the physical workload

I sense Lambert probably prefers three busy nimble midfielders in the middle who can zip the ball about at tempo

Skuse has never been a player to ‘put his foot in’ and dominate a midfield in my view. It’s one of the reasons we’ve been outplayed in that area for years. He certainly isn’t going to start now with his legs going. Huws is that type of player and would be perfect at that level if he wasn’t made of glass.

We could do with strengthening in that area.
We need to develop a supply line on 08:03 - Jun 11 with 2522 viewsxrayspecs

Agree with that. Current defensive players not good enough collectively. Need a CB and RB. L1 is a very physical team and the current squad at real risk of being bullied out of games.

Agree about a midfield enforcer too.

Also think we need a big number 9.
Login to get fewer ads

We need to develop a supply line on 08:06 - Jun 11 with 2520 viewsxrayspecs

That’s a 4-2-3-1 btw

Would get someone in to sit in front of back four and give licence to the midfield to get forward. 4-1-3-1-1 (Judge in the 10) or 4-1-3-2 (target man alongside Norwood).
We need to develop a supply line on 08:07 - Jun 11 with 2521 viewshampstead_blue

I do worry about just 1 up front.
Any decent centre half paring can cope with just one player. This formation, IMHO has been one of our downfalls.

MM loved it because it was hard to beat.
I'd prefer two up top.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

We need to develop a supply line on 08:29 - Jun 11 with 2455 viewsGerkensBeard

We need to develop a supply line on 08:06 - Jun 11 by xrayspecs

Would get someone in to sit in front of back four and give licence to the midfield to get forward. 4-1-3-1-1 (Judge in the 10) or 4-1-3-2 (target man alongside Norwood).

Norwood has been brought in to be the main man and lone striker. Looks much bigger than his 5ft 9 height suggests. Big. Strong and quick. I expect Washington if he signs to play wide left
We need to develop a supply line on 08:46 - Jun 11 with 2421 viewsGuthrum

We need to develop a supply line on 08:07 - Jun 11 by hampstead_blue

I do worry about just 1 up front.
Any decent centre half paring can cope with just one player. This formation, IMHO has been one of our downfalls.

MM loved it because it was hard to beat.
I'd prefer two up top.

Or, if we're going to play 4-3-3, the wider two need to be up level with the man in the centre, converging on the goal from either flank, not back acting as part of the midfield. The linking play needs to come from the genuine CMs, or from the wing-backs running up the line.

But for that we need a very strong defensive setup (GK, 2xCB, DM) whom the rest of the team can trust to handle most counterattacks on the break. So that our WBs, CMs and even forwards are not constantly looking over their shoulders, concerned about getting too far upfield if they've then got to turn and race back.

The "high press" is all very well, but it leaves a lot of space in behind if defenders are not the speediest. From watching League highlights shows, that seems to happen a lot in the lower divisions.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 8:53]

We need to develop a supply line on 08:54 - Jun 11 with 2394 viewsReuser_is_God

Dozzell, Nolan, Edwards, Bishop, Judge & Lankester.

If Lambert cannot develop a good supply line with those players available he needs shooting.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

We need to develop a supply line on 08:55 - Jun 11 with 2384 viewsGuthrum

That’s a 4-2-3-1 btw

Yes, we have the personnel, but need to get it running smoothly.

We need to develop a supply line on 09:40 - Jun 11 with 2330 viewsGeoffSentence

We need to develop a supply line on 08:54 - Jun 11 by Reuser_is_God

Dozzell, Nolan, Edwards, Bishop, Judge & Lankester.

If Lambert cannot develop a good supply line with those players available he needs shooting.

And, if he can be brought back from the dead, Emyr Huws.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

We need to develop a supply line on 11:17 - Jun 11 with 2275 viewshampstead_blue

We need to develop a supply line on 08:55 - Jun 11 by Guthrum

Yes, we have the personnel, but need to get it running smoothly.

I'd love it to work but the past three or so years has been dire with that system.

In fact, whatever works is good for me. I don't care. I just want the players, fans, everyone happy!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

We need to develop a supply line on 11:23 - Jun 11 with 2262 viewsWickets

We need to develop a supply line on 23:09 - Jun 10 by BLUEBEAT

The more I think about it, the more I expect Edwards and Rowe to turn out to be good signings this season...

Agree with Edwards and maybe Rowe and we also have Lankester and Judge who can maybe supply Norwood and whoever we manage to get in the box.Lets hope the future is as bright as it seems !
We need to develop a supply line on 11:29 - Jun 11 with 2254 viewswkj

Skimming through this post I realise that I might be echoing the thoughts of other. We need a trusty defense which will lead to better supply is my theory. Our back line was embarrassing last season at many points and often couldn't handle a turn over without conceding or giving away a desperate free kick (often leading to a goal).

If we have players who can hold the ball up better when going forward, and full backs that are able to trust the center halves, I feel the supply will come with the players we have, although getting a capable LM to slot Judge in as a deep lying number 10 could be a handy shout too.

It all keeps coming back to being able to trust that back line handling turnovers much better though, and then looking at the bane of our existence the left side of the pitch is not great, sorry Kenlock fans, I find him average on a good day.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

We need to develop a supply line on 12:27 - Jun 11 with 2182 viewsBiGDonnie

We need to develop a supply line on 23:14 - Jun 10 by BlueBadger

Waits for someone to incorrectly mention Skuse......

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

We need to develop a supply line on 12:28 - Jun 11 with 2178 viewsBiGDonnie

We need to develop a supply line on 00:58 - Jun 11 by bournemouthblue

Whoop there it is....

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

We need to develop a supply line on 12:29 - Jun 11 with 2177 viewsGuthrum

We need to develop a supply line on 11:17 - Jun 11 by hampstead_blue

I'd love it to work but the past three or so years has been dire with that system.

In fact, whatever works is good for me. I don't care. I just want the players, fans, everyone happy!

Agree completely. Which is why it either needs to be made to function well, or be changed to one which does. No point in hiring a prolific goalscorer like Norwood, then leaving him isolated up top on his own, cut off from the ball. That's what did for McGoldrick, to a large extent.

We need to develop a supply line on 12:29 - Jun 11 with 2172 viewschicoazul

We need to develop a supply line on 23:09 - Jun 10 by BLUEBEAT

Agree but Edwards almost definitely leaving.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We need to develop a supply line on 12:30 - Jun 11 with 2165 viewschicoazul

We need to develop a supply line on 06:15 - Jun 11 by christiand

Everyone needs to forget about him. If he is fit, great, but whats the recent history tell us?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We need to develop a supply line on 12:40 - Jun 11 with 2128 viewsDarth_Koont

I hope Judge can settle into his role a bit more. He was always looking for the ball and providing energy but I was pretty disappointed with his actual contribution. Seemed at times that he was trying to do too much and force chances rather than actually create them.

Pronouns: He/Him

We need to develop a supply line on 12:41 - Jun 11 with 2129 viewsWeWereZombies

We need to develop a supply line on 12:27 - Jun 11 by BiGDonnie

Waits for someone to incorrectly mention Skuse......

Yep, in your opinion and eleven and a half hours before you posted that!

Skuse rarely needs to 'put his foot in' because he carries a threat that can break down potential opposition attacks so that they have to try another, hopefully less productive, tack.

However, his critics who say he is slowing down do have a point. Downes is a different type of defensive midfielder (or perhaps he has just not learnt enough canniness off Skuse yet) but should, given his rapid progress so far, be able to take his place. But those are big boots to fill, make no mistake.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024