Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. 10:04 - Jun 11 with 3200 viewsBlueBadger

https://www.indy100.com/article/andrea-leadsom-no-deal-brexit-job-losses-tory-le

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:06 - Jun 11 with 2554 viewsartsbossbeard

The wording on the bus was explained away 18 months ago. Move on.

Copyright: Paz26

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:08 - Jun 11 with 2542 viewsfooters

a) "That won't happen"

b) "It's a price worth paying"

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:11 - Jun 11 with 2530 viewsitfcjoe

Project Fear was always Project Fact in reality

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:14 - Jun 11 with 2514 viewsBlueBadger

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:11 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

'Facts are just your opinion though, you shouldn't diss people for having a different opinion'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:16 - Jun 11 with 2495 viewsBlueNomad

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:11 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

It’s right to fear some things
'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:17 - Jun 11 with 2490 viewsBlueBadger

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:16 - Jun 11 by BlueNomad

It’s right to fear some things

Foreigners and burgandy passports?

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:18 - Jun 11 with 2478 viewsitfcjoe

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:14 - Jun 11 by BlueBadger

'Facts are just your opinion though, you shouldn't diss people for having a different opinion'.

I know Tony Blair isn't to everyone's tastes but there is an excellent video of him when he is explaining how someone is debating him and ends up saying that he is trying to 'claim he knows more about the relationship with the EU than him' and his opinion is just as valid as TB's

EDIT - here it is

[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 10:22]

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:19 - Jun 11 with 2473 viewsCoastalblue

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:17 - Jun 11 by BlueBadger

Foreigners and burgandy passports?

Balls

You lost

suck it up

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:23 - Jun 11 with 2461 viewsBlueBadger

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:18 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

I know Tony Blair isn't to everyone's tastes but there is an excellent video of him when he is explaining how someone is debating him and ends up saying that he is trying to 'claim he knows more about the relationship with the EU than him' and his opinion is just as valid as TB's

EDIT - here it is

I've had that in a thread today. Apparently, some thicko hippies who won't vaccinate their kids' opinion is equally as valid as mine when it comes to the benefits of disease prevention by vaccination.

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:25 - Jun 11 with 2451 viewsitfcjoe

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:23 - Jun 11 by BlueBadger

I've had that in a thread today. Apparently, some thicko hippies who won't vaccinate their kids' opinion is equally as valid as mine when it comes to the benefits of disease prevention by vaccination.

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:26 - Jun 11 with 2444 viewsBlueNomad

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:19 - Jun 11 by Coastalblue

Balls

You lost

suck it up

I find it hard to understand how Brixiteers are still euphoric given the way things have turned, and are turning, out
'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:29 - Jun 11 with 2435 viewsitfcjoe

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:26 - Jun 11 by BlueNomad

I find it hard to understand how Brixiteers are still euphoric given the way things have turned, and are turning, out

Because those that are euphoric about it don't understand any of the machinations and will just parrot the Farage's of this world/ The only reason Brexit isn't going well to them is because of Remoaners in the Govt and public stopping it.

"There are none so blind as those who will not see."

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:32 - Jun 11 with 2403 viewsBlueNomad

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:29 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

Because those that are euphoric about it don't understand any of the machinations and will just parrot the Farage's of this world/ The only reason Brexit isn't going well to them is because of Remoaners in the Govt and public stopping it.

"There are none so blind as those who will not see."

My comment was rhetorical. Interesting in Years And Years the Emma Thompson character suggests some people should be denied the vote because they don’t understand. Satire at its best!
'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:34 - Jun 11 with 2387 viewsitfcjoe

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:32 - Jun 11 by BlueNomad

My comment was rhetorical. Interesting in Years And Years the Emma Thompson character suggests some people should be denied the vote because they don’t understand. Satire at its best!

How is this for satire, from the late great Rik Mayall

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:41 - Jun 11 with 2348 viewsDarth_Koont

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:18 - Jun 11 by itfcjoe

EDIT - here it is

I agree with you (and Blair in this instance). But doesn't that highlight the problem with our politics over the last decade or more?

Effectively by believing politics is all about winning for your party and by chasing votes, our parliamentary democracy has created a plebiscite democracy. Or at least built up the misconception that the man in the street should have his hand on the levers of power.

That would be relatively OK if the man in the street was representative of 65 million people. But it's not, it's representative of the votes being chased in marginal seats who frankly don't care that much about the rest of the country.

Pronouns: He/Him

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 11:26 - Jun 11 with 2238 viewsBlueBadger

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 10:41 - Jun 11 by Darth_Koont

I agree with you (and Blair in this instance). But doesn't that highlight the problem with our politics over the last decade or more?

Effectively by believing politics is all about winning for your party and by chasing votes, our parliamentary democracy has created a plebiscite democracy. Or at least built up the misconception that the man in the street should have his hand on the levers of power.

That would be relatively OK if the man in the street was representative of 65 million people. But it's not, it's representative of the votes being chased in marginal seats who frankly don't care that much about the rest of the country.

Sid Vicious was definitely onto something when he said 'I've met the man on the street and he's a c*nt'.

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 12:43 - Jun 11 with 2136 viewsSwansea_Blue

EDIT - here it is

You could cut the incredulity it's so thick. I have moments like that almost every day around Brexit related stuff.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 12:46 - Jun 11 with 2132 viewsfooters

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 11:26 - Jun 11 by BlueBadger

Sid Vicious was definitely onto something when he said 'I've met the man on the street and he's a c*nt'.

"You just don't understand the readers, do you, eh? He's the bloke you see in the pub, a right old fascist, wants to send the w*gs back, buy his poxy council house, he's afraid of the unions, afraid of the Russians, hates the que*rs and the weirdos and drug dealers. He doesn't want to hear about that stuff (serious news)"

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 13:06 - Jun 11 with 2093 viewsBlueBadger

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 12:46 - Jun 11 by footers

"You just don't understand the readers, do you, eh? He's the bloke you see in the pub, a right old fascist, wants to send the w*gs back, buy his poxy council house, he's afraid of the unions, afraid of the Russians, hates the que*rs and the weirdos and drug dealers. He doesn't want to hear about that stuff (serious news)"

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 13:20 - Jun 11 with 2070 viewsBinner

"I think it would be a disaster for our economy and it would lead to a decade of economic and political uncertainty at a time when the tectonic plates of global success are moving". - Andrea Leadsom talking about Brexit in April 2013.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 13:22 - Jun 11 with 2060 viewsSwansea_Blue

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 13:20 - Jun 11 by Binner

"I think it would be a disaster for our economy and it would lead to a decade of economic and political uncertainty at a time when the tectonic plates of global success are moving". - Andrea Leadsom talking about Brexit in April 2013.

Clever woman. Hopefully she's still leading the fight against this madness....

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. (n/t) on 13:36 - Jun 11 with 2032 viewsBinner

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 13:20 - Jun 11 by Binner

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 13:36 - Jun 11 with 2030 viewsartsbossbeard

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 12:46 - Jun 11 by footers

This sounds very similar to my facebook timeline. Sadly.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 13:43 - Jun 11 with 2001 viewsBinner

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 13:22 - Jun 11 by Swansea_Blue

Clever woman. Hopefully she's still leading the fight against this madness....

Clearly they are very principled people. They have a principle to suit any combination of circumstances and can change them at will.

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 13:47 - Jun 11 with 1986 viewsSwansea_Blue

'Job losses are likely' was definitely on the other bus. on 13:43 - Jun 11 by Binner

Clearly they are very principled people. They have a principle to suit any combination of circumstances and can change them at will.

Especially when trying to climb the slippery pole of career progression!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024