Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster 02:53 - Jun 12 with 4056 viewsBluedandy

in UK....loves Ipswich with heart and soul..

Had my photo taken with him at a PGL soccer course in 1981 and boy what an athlete.

Luckily witnessed his debut as a second half sub against Man Utd in 1979-80...okay it was a drab nil nil but the hair was something else.

Five goals in one game against Southampton won't be bettered...
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 3:02]
Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 06:48 - Jun 12 with 3935 viewsWarkystache

I saw him on Christmas Eve last year in the Marquis in Layham. He had to ring his missus to come and pick him up.

He can tell some very funny stories about his time at the club. Stuff he said he couldn't put in his autobiography.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 11:24 - Jun 12 with 3642 viewsBlueBadger

Alan Brazil is the best broadcaster in the country who is called 'Alan Brazil'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 15:16 - Jun 12 with 3467 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Pleased he is making it to 60 to be honest.
Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 15:24 - Jun 12 with 3457 viewsclive_baker

He looks like a tomato now.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 15:31 - Jun 12 with 3446 viewshoppy

If you had your photo taken with him now, it would need to be using a wide angle lens.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 15:42 - Jun 12 with 3419 viewsHolyGoalie

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 15:31 - Jun 12 by hoppy

If you had your photo taken with him now, it would need to be using a wide angle lens.

He don't look like a bloke with many miles left on the clock I must say

Ipswich by the grace of gloves

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 16:08 - Jun 12 with 3376 viewsBackToRussia

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 15:24 - Jun 12 by clive_baker

He looks like a tomato now.

Still better at football than you though.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 16:12 - Jun 12 with 3363 viewsgainsboroughblue

I saw his 5 goal salvo against Southampton. Great night that was. He should have had 6 but unselfishly tried to get D'Avray on the scoresheet.

I still find it hard to believe he packed in at 27/28 but seeing him outpaced by Butcher at Portman Road when he was playing for Coventry was possibly the writing on the wall.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 16:24 - Jun 12 with 3336 viewsclive_baker

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 16:08 - Jun 12 by BackToRussia

I would bet my house he isn't in that state.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 16:50 - Jun 12 with 3263 viewsBobbyDazzler

Love big al (brazil!) one of my favourite players of all time .saw him do a talking event few years back now at corn exchange i think was any one else there?
Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 17:15 - Jun 12 with 3210 viewsWD19

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 16:50 - Jun 12 by BobbyDazzler

Love big al (brazil!) one of my favourite players of all time .saw him do a talking event few years back now at corn exchange i think was any one else there?

Did you get in a drinking competition with him?

That would explain why you cannot remember if anyone else was there or not!!
Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 17:43 - Jun 12 with 3167 viewsallezlesbleus

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 16:12 - Jun 12 by gainsboroughblue

I saw his 5 goal salvo against Southampton. Great night that was. He should have had 6 but unselfishly tried to get D'Avray on the scoresheet.

I still find it hard to believe he packed in at 27/28 but seeing him outpaced by Butcher at Portman Road when he was playing for Coventry was possibly the writing on the wall.

I was there too and I'm sure D'Avray should have had at least a hat-trick, the number of times Brazil unselfishly set him up.

He was a great finisher. Great company when he owned the Slack Bladder for a short time too!
Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 19:46 - Jun 12 with 3061 viewsBrightonBlue

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 17:43 - Jun 12 by allezlesbleus

I was there too and I'm sure D'Avray should have had at least a hat-trick, the number of times Brazil unselfishly set him up.

He was a great finisher. Great company when he owned the Slack Bladder for a short time too!

I remember seeing him play at 30 in mich d’vary’s testimonial. He looked a cut above our regular team!
Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 20:03 - Jun 12 with 3029 viewsBackToRussia

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 16:24 - Jun 12 by clive_baker

I would bet my house he isn't in that state.

Drop the keys off whenever.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 20:06 - Jun 12 with 3022 viewstiptreeblue

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 11:24 - Jun 12 by BlueBadger

Alan Brazil is the best broadcaster in the country who is called 'Alan Brazil'.

Another jibe at something to do with the town, you must be hilarious to be at parties with
Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 20:16 - Jun 12 with 3010 viewsBloomBlue

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 16:08 - Jun 12 by BackToRussia

Spurs and ManU fans probably would argue you could even call Alan Brazil a footballer.
Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 20:55 - Jun 12 with 2960 viewsbournemouthblue

I see he had a random loan to the US at the start of his career?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 21:01 - Jun 12 with 2945 viewsBloomBlue

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 20:55 - Jun 12 by bournemouthblue

I see he had a random loan to the US at the start of his career?

Yes you know MM and his desire to loan out our best young strikers

Oh hold on
Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 21:32 - Jun 12 with 2889 viewsBlueBadger

Alan Brazil turns 60 this weekend.... total Town legend and best broadcaster on 20:06 - Jun 12 by tiptreeblue

Another jibe at something to do with the town, you must be hilarious to be at parties with

That's quite the stretch there to turn a joke about Alan's 'James Whale for thickos' schtick on the radio into 'booo down with Ipswich' there, chuckles.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024