Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting article on meat production in 2040 10:25 - Jun 12 with 1261 viewsStokieBlue

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/12/most-meat-in-2040-will-not-c

I think that all sounds pretty reasonable. It might not go far enough for some but it's a long way to where we need to be whilst retaining meat in an environmentally and animal friendly way.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 10:40 - Jun 12 with 1242 viewsPendejo

The thing that I have yet to see in any debate on reduction of meat production... What happens to the animals when we've decided we don't need them anymore?

Will there be some sort of farmed animal genocide?

Will there be mass sterilisation so that they die out naturally?
So who keeps them, by keep I mean feed and care.

Will they simply be set free to run wild?
In which case they will be free to reproduce and continue emitting green house gasses, but won't the land used for them need to be used for agricultural purposes?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 10:44 - Jun 12 with 1225 viewsfooters

Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 10:40 - Jun 12 by Pendejo

The thing that I have yet to see in any debate on reduction of meat production... What happens to the animals when we've decided we don't need them anymore?

In which case they will be free to reproduce and continue emitting green house gasses, but won't the land used for them need to be used for agricultural purposes?

I suspect it will be the last option, similar to when the circuses had to get rid of the big cats and elephants. Soon we shall intermingle with the pigs and cows and ducks and sheep as if they were our own. In time they shall become colleagues, friends and neighbours. So be nice to them now lest they turn on you when they become your employer.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 10:44]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 10:46 - Jun 12 with 1223 viewswkj

There will always be a considerable group willing to give cattle a purpose, of this I am certain

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 10:47 - Jun 12 with 1215 viewsfooters

Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 10:46 - Jun 12 by wkj

There will always be a considerable group willing to give cattle a purpose, of this I am certain

As we've seen from those weekly round-ups from Yates.

Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 10:47 - Jun 12 with 1218 viewsDanTheMan

You just stop breeding as many I'd have thought.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 11:31 - Jun 12 with 1162 viewsKievthegreat

Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 10:47 - Jun 12 by DanTheMan

Nah just have an absolutely massive BBQ to get rid of the excess.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 11:31]
Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 11:33 - Jun 12 with 1156 viewsNo9

Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 10:47 - Jun 12 by DanTheMan

The entire world needs to stop breeding
Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 12:58 - Jun 12 with 1088 viewsTIB

Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 10:44 - Jun 12 by footers

I suspect it will be the last option, similar to when the circuses had to get rid of the big cats and elephants. Soon we shall intermingle with the pigs and cows and ducks and sheep as if they were our own. In time they shall become colleagues, friends and neighbours. So be nice to them now lest they turn on you when they become your employer.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2019 10:44]

I look forward to the world being run by cows and pigs. It's been run by lizards for too long...

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 13:12 - Jun 12 with 1054 viewsfooters

Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 12:58 - Jun 12 by TIB

I look forward to the world being run by cows and pigs. It's been run by lizards for too long...

Do you think it's possible that the lizards have been keeping earth's thermostat purposefully low to suit their cold blood?

Our mammalian colleagues may insist on turning it up instead, further speeding the process of global warming.

One for the boffins to think about

Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 13:19 - Jun 12 with 1049 viewsgordon

One would presume that dairy herds, for example, won't have access to the funds to arrange for themselves to be artificially inseminated each year, and equally stud sheep will find transport an issue when looking to find flocks of ewes to impregnate. It's logistics that's going to reduce numbers of farmed animals, in the absence of, um, farmers.
Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 13:58 - Jun 12 with 1018 viewsNo9

Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 13:19 - Jun 12 by gordon

One would presume that dairy herds, for example, won't have access to the funds to arrange for themselves to be artificially inseminated each year, and equally stud sheep will find transport an issue when looking to find flocks of ewes to impregnate. It's logistics that's going to reduce numbers of farmed animals, in the absence of, um, farmers.

When looking at these issues people should remember there were ways of dealing with animal waste in the 60s -70's tanks to put the dumps in, that turded to gas and was used in generators.

Rotting vegitation doesn't produce that much less greenhous gas than animal dumps which is why you can see burning flames on rubbish tips-

& although we tried before the 80's & startrd to get things going in the right direction we are now not doing any of this properly
Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 14:06 - Jun 12 with 1008 viewsJ2BLUE

Seriously?

It's not going to be a hard stop where everything freezes in place is it? They just won't breed as many and there will be a natural decline.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 14:32 - Jun 12 with 992 viewsgordon

Interesting article on meat production in 2040 on 13:58 - Jun 12 by No9

When looking at these issues people should remember there were ways of dealing with animal waste in the 60s -70's tanks to put the dumps in, that turded to gas and was used in generators.

Rotting vegitation doesn't produce that much less greenhous gas than animal dumps which is why you can see burning flames on rubbish tips-

& although we tried before the 80's & startrd to get things going in the right direction we are now not doing any of this properly

Most of that has passed me by, I'm afraid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024