Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory slew to slay reason? 21:43 - Jun 12 with 1012 viewsMoriarty

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/opinion/inept-slew-of-tory-polit

fka omuircheartaigh

Tory slew to slay reason? on 22:03 - Jun 12 with 978 viewsNo9

The tories seem to be oblivious to the rest of the world watching on with amazement at how deluded so few people can be & yet deny the rest any opportunity to show them something they may not like.
Meanwhile the world has resurrected the phrase 'Perfidious Albion' which is going to be very well received by the members of the WTO - IF Trump hasn't abolished it
Tory slew to slay reason? on 22:24 - Jun 12 with 955 viewsMoriarty

Tory slew to slay reason? on 22:03 - Jun 12 by No9

The tories seem to be oblivious to the rest of the world watching on with amazement at how deluded so few people can be & yet deny the rest any opportunity to show them something they may not like.
Meanwhile the world has resurrected the phrase 'Perfidious Albion' which is going to be very well received by the members of the WTO - IF Trump hasn't abolished it

Certainly from an Irish point of view, it is alarming how so many British politicians are bereft of a basic understanding of Ireland, and how Brexit could affect the Border.

Brexit is a tragic mess.

fka omuircheartaigh

Tory slew to slay reason? on 23:24 - Jun 12 with 922 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tory slew to slay reason? on 22:24 - Jun 12 by Moriarty

Certainly from an Irish point of view, it is alarming how so many British politicians are bereft of a basic understanding of Ireland, and how Brexit could affect the Border.

Brexit is a tragic mess.

I struggle to grasp how much is ignorance and how much is lack of caring.

Despite the Irish border issue being raised during the referendum campaign, many reasonably intelligent "Brexiteers" I know say they didn't realise the problem when they voted.

The comment that still sticks with me is one who said "I thought we would vote out and the following day we would just leave". There are far too many people enfranchised who have no idea what they were voting for. The issue will affect so many who were disenfranchised too. I fear for my children. What state will we be in by the time they get the chance to take us back into the EU?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tory slew to slay reason? on 08:36 - Jun 13 with 865 viewsMoriarty

Tory slew to slay reason? on 23:24 - Jun 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

I struggle to grasp how much is ignorance and how much is lack of caring.

Despite the Irish border issue being raised during the referendum campaign, many reasonably intelligent "Brexiteers" I know say they didn't realise the problem when they voted.

The comment that still sticks with me is one who said "I thought we would vote out and the following day we would just leave". There are far too many people enfranchised who have no idea what they were voting for. The issue will affect so many who were disenfranchised too. I fear for my children. What state will we be in by the time they get the chance to take us back into the EU?

It’s ignorance. Pure and simple. The Border directly affects the UK and it’s people. Also, the government in the U.K. are since propped up by Unionists in the North, for whom the border has always been a primary issue.

Halloween coincides with the Brexit deadline. It’s ironic.

fka omuircheartaigh

Tory slew to slay reason? on 11:18 - Jun 13 with 813 viewsNo9

Tory slew to slay reason? on 22:24 - Jun 12 by Moriarty

Brexit is a tragic mess.

I agree with you - brexit is a tragic mess, however I do beleive it was one created. It didn't just happen and lookig at actions (rather than words) from Mr Cameron after he became leader of the tories it is difficult to see how he ever thought this could become anything else hence my considerations this is a deliberate act.
Tory slew to slay reason? on 12:52 - Jun 13 with 780 viewsMoriarty

Tory slew to slay reason? on 11:18 - Jun 13 by No9

I agree with you - brexit is a tragic mess, however I do beleive it was one created. It didn't just happen and lookig at actions (rather than words) from Mr Cameron after he became leader of the tories it is difficult to see how he ever thought this could become anything else hence my considerations this is a deliberate act.

As far as I recall, the overriding consensus was that the people would vote to stay. I believe Cameron expected that as well and fulfilled his promise to hold such a referendum without thinking the consequences through.

I don’t think the UK or it’s main parties were prepared for the leave result.

There’s a deadline looming with a party leadership contest to come first. Not ideal.

fka omuircheartaigh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024