Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf 07:36 - Jun 13 with 19777 viewsSteve_M

Nothing confirmed yet.

https://www.apnews.com/2eab6e04422d48a99d6946c7e8d543d6

Still, I'm sure everyone can fit this to their existing prejudices.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 23:16 - Jun 15 with 2065 viewsStokieBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 23:09 - Jun 15 by BackToRussia

Unfortunately for Iran, the US is judge and jury.

Why unfortunately for Iran?

Shouldn't you wait and see the evidence? You are just showing with every post that evidence doesn't matter and that your prejudice against the US rules everything.

It's also not true, plenty of countries are pushing back against a coalition until more evidence is provided.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 23:17]

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 23:17 - Jun 15 with 2065 viewsStokieBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 23:15 - Jun 15 by BrixtonBlue

"Secondly, why do you accept the Iranian side of that story rather than the US one?"

I think the problem here might be Trump. As soon as he says something definitely happened a red flag is hoisted in my brain.

We are talking about the 1987 incident.

SB

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 23:21 - Jun 15 with 2055 viewsBrixtonBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 23:17 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

We are talking about the 1987 incident.

SB

Ah, fair enough, carry on.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 11:12 - Jun 16 with 1988 viewsNo9

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 22:58 - Jun 15 by BackToRussia

Maybe just a case of history repeating itself?
https://www.nytimes.com/1987/09/23/world/26-iranians-seized-with-mine-vessel-mor

Not to mention the Americans shooting down an Iranian civil airliner
Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 11:20 - Jun 16 with 1984 viewsStokieBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 11:12 - Jun 16 by No9

Not to mention the Americans shooting down an Iranian civil airliner

Once again, historical event more than 30 years old. It was certainly wrong and very bad by the US (although it wasn't a precursor to war like people are suggesting this was).

It's also not evidence of US fabrication of evidence against Iran now. This seems an incredibly hard idea for people to grasp.

You need to treat things on merit, not biased hearsay.

SB
[Post edited 16 Jun 2019 11:21]

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 11:23 - Jun 16 with 1975 viewsNo9

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 11:20 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

Once again, historical event more than 30 years old. It was certainly wrong and very bad by the US (although it wasn't a precursor to war like people are suggesting this was).

It's also not evidence of US fabrication of evidence against Iran now. This seems an incredibly hard idea for people to grasp.

SB

I agree that was not a good flip particilarly as this is a very serious issue.

But if you look at my posts on this issue I have tried to stick to the technical issues rather than the political.

The more I look at photographic evidence the less convinced I become these atttacks are straightforward.
Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 11:52 - Jun 16 with 1947 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 11:23 - Jun 16 by No9

But if you look at my posts on this issue I have tried to stick to the technical issues rather than the political.

The more I look at photographic evidence the less convinced I become these atttacks are straightforward.

Be careful!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 11:53 - Jun 16 with 1945 viewsNo9

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 11:52 - Jun 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Be careful!

I was referring to the tanker on fire
Login to get fewer ads

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 12:45 - Jun 16 with 1914 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 11:23 - Jun 16 by No9

"I have tried to stick to the technical issues rather than the political"

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 14:09 - Jun 16 with 1874 viewsNo9

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 12:45 - Jun 16 by GlasgowBlue

"I have tried to stick to the technical issues rather than the political"

So, what is your knowledge of tanker design constraution and operation?
Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 15:06 - Jun 16 with 1851 viewsWeWereZombies

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 14:09 - Jun 16 by No9

So, what is your knowledge of tanker design constraution and operation?

I wouldn't bother to ask, posting up a 'joke' clip is usually a good indicator of nothing left to bring to the discussion.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 15:25 - Jun 16 with 1836 viewsNo9

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 15:06 - Jun 16 by WeWereZombies

I wouldn't bother to ask, posting up a 'joke' clip is usually a good indicator of nothing left to bring to the discussion.

Obviously doesn't understand the technical issues but as a tory has said it's Iran, it must be?
Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 15:28 - Jun 16 with 1835 viewsJ2BLUE

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 15:25 - Jun 16 by No9

Obviously doesn't understand the technical issues but as a tory has said it's Iran, it must be?

To be fair, we could reverse that for you. As a Tory has said it's Iran, it can't be.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 15:30 - Jun 16 with 1832 viewsNo9

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 15:28 - Jun 16 by J2BLUE

To be fair, we could reverse that for you. As a Tory has said it's Iran, it can't be.

I haven't said who it is have I.
Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 19:14 - Jun 16 with 1791 viewsBluesquid

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 19:16 - Jun 16 with 1783 viewsBrixtonBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 19:14 - Jun 16 by Bluesquid

Haha.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 21:29 - Jun 16 with 1748 viewscaught-in-limbo

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 22:43 - Jun 15 by BackToRussia

If I was on trial for armed robbery, and I had 30 convictions for armed robbery, what would your thoughts be about me going into trial?

Surely that depends on whether you are perceived by any individual as "rogue" or "not perfect".

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 21:42 - Jun 16 with 1732 viewsBackToRussia

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 23:16 - Jun 15 by StokieBlue

Why unfortunately for Iran?

Shouldn't you wait and see the evidence? You are just showing with every post that evidence doesn't matter and that your prejudice against the US rules everything.

It's also not true, plenty of countries are pushing back against a coalition until more evidence is provided.

SB
[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 23:17]

Evidence presented by who? Whose word is to be believed here?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 23:00 - Jun 16 with 1691 viewsBackToRussia

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 11:20 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

SB

I wonder what the US would do if Iran shot down a US passenger plane?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 23:08 - Jun 16 with 1679 viewsStokieBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 23:00 - Jun 16 by BackToRussia

I wonder what the US would do if Iran shot down a US passenger plane?

It's a pointless question. Firstly because it was 30 years ago and secondly because you aren't comparing equal powers.

It's Iran was the superpower then everything would be reversed but you know this and thus is why you framed the question in such a way.

SB

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 23:09 - Jun 16 with 1673 viewsStokieBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 21:42 - Jun 16 by BackToRussia

Evidence presented by who? Whose word is to be believed here?

I've not said anyone should believe anyone's word. Hopefully evidence will speak for itself.

What is clear is that you won't be the US regardless of the evidence. That's a problem.

SB

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 23:10 - Jun 16 with 1672 viewsBackToRussia

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 23:08 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

It's a pointless question. Firstly because it was 30 years ago and secondly because you aren't comparing equal powers.

It's Iran was the superpower then everything would be reversed but you know this and thus is why you framed the question in such a way.

SB

Why does there have to be huge states meting out their version of justice abroad at all?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 23:11 - Jun 16 with 1670 viewsBackToRussia

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 23:09 - Jun 16 by StokieBlue

I've not said anyone should believe anyone's word. Hopefully evidence will speak for itself.

What is clear is that you won't be the US regardless of the evidence. That's a problem.

SB

I'm not sure it is actually. As an interested party they should be taken with a (large) pinch of salt. We have the UN and other international neutral bodies for a reason.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:16 - Jun 17 with 1588 viewsStokieBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 23:10 - Jun 16 by BackToRussia

Why does there have to be huge states meting out their version of justice abroad at all?

That's a good point and a much better argument than the simple "US is bad because" argument that has raged for 7 pages.

However I do think there is a moral case to be made in many instances. Such "recent" instances would be the first gulf war and the Balkans intervention.

It's as I said. Each case should be taken on it's merits as determined by the evidence. I dislike the preconceived statements based on historical precedence for these situations.

SB

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:18 - Jun 17 with 1587 viewsStokieBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 23:11 - Jun 16 by BackToRussia

I'm not sure it is actually. As an interested party they should be taken with a (large) pinch of salt. We have the UN and other international neutral bodies for a reason.

I guess it depends on your definition of interested.

I'd also point out that the UN is essentially useless in these matters due to it's structure. For instance in the Balkans conflict China and Russia said they would veto military action designed to stop the ethnic cleansing which was ongoing. A ridiculous position and highlights how it's a fatally flawed "neutral" body.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024