Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf 07:36 - Jun 13 with 19885 viewsSteve_M

Nothing confirmed yet.

https://www.apnews.com/2eab6e04422d48a99d6946c7e8d543d6

Still, I'm sure everyone can fit this to their existing prejudices.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:13 - Jun 14 with 3538 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:08 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

That's entirely different and you know it.

Massive difference in using economic leverage over invading and subjugating a population. Even now Russia continues to encroach further into Georgia.

You refuse to see the difference because of your own narrative. That's fine but you should acknowledge that as I have.

SB

I was thinking more along the lines of invasion followed by economic annexation in this instance.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:14 - Jun 14 with 3537 viewsStokieBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:13 - Jun 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

I was thinking more along the lines of invasion followed by economic annexation in this instance.

Can you elaborate on "economic annexation"?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:15 - Jun 14 with 3536 viewsfooters

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:13 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

Once again, we are talking nearly 40 years ago. How long can historical events be used as contemporary evidence?

All I am saying is that in this thread alone there were numerous posters who had decided it was the US doing a false flag or whatever without any evidence.

I don't think that is the way people should approach things.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 9:14]

40 years is but a blink of the eye. Just sayin' they'd be foolish not to keep their fingers in pies, much the same as we, China, Russia and Sealand do.

And it's not evidence, just showing they've got form.

Interestingly, the crew of the ship are saying that the objects were 'flying' towards the boat. So maybe not mines after all.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:15 - Jun 14 with 3535 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:09 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

Given that what is acceptable evidence in your mind? It's an interesting debate.

Because from your post you seem to indicate that nothing could ever been seen as evidence as everything can be faked. This is probably true but then surely anyone can claim anything.

SB

Unfortunately things are heading that way....it is clearly problematic to say the very least.

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:16 - Jun 14 with 3534 viewsStokieBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 08:07 - Jun 14 by footers

Haven't said it was the US, but I'm not going to blindly exonerate anyone without evidence. Seems fair to me. Best to keep an open mind.

Why haven't you spoken up against the converse argument?

People are blaming someone without evidence. Surely both are equally wrong?

SB

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:18 - Jun 14 with 3531 viewsStokieBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:15 - Jun 14 by footers

40 years is but a blink of the eye. Just sayin' they'd be foolish not to keep their fingers in pies, much the same as we, China, Russia and Sealand do.

And it's not evidence, just showing they've got form.

Interestingly, the crew of the ship are saying that the objects were 'flying' towards the boat. So maybe not mines after all.

The last bit is interesting I agree. Although human memory is hugely fallible. I guess we need an analysis of the explosions to really know.

As I've said, I've not got any conclusions about the video and perhaps Debster is right that anything can be faked nowadays anyway.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 9:19]

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:20 - Jun 14 with 3518 viewsfooters

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:16 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

Why haven't you spoken up against the converse argument?

People are blaming someone without evidence. Surely both are equally wrong?

SB

I'm not blaming anyone!

Do I have to make alternative cases for every country/group on the planet for any suspicions to be reasonable?

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:22 - Jun 14 with 3506 viewsStokieBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:20 - Jun 14 by footers

I'm not blaming anyone!

Do I have to make alternative cases for every country/group on the planet for any suspicions to be reasonable?

I didn't say you were. Clearly at least 2 posters in this thread have though.

Of course not, I just think that people should apply the evidence fairly to both sides (including lack of evidence).

That clearly wasn't the case in the first 2 pages of this thread.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:25 - Jun 14 with 3500 viewsfooters

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:22 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

I didn't say you were. Clearly at least 2 posters in this thread have though.

Of course not, I just think that people should apply the evidence fairly to both sides (including lack of evidence).

That clearly wasn't the case in the first 2 pages of this thread.

SB

My main doubts lie with whether Iran was involved. Seems bad timing for them to get embroiled in something like this when their status as an OPEC member is as it is and that they were receiving a Japanese PM yesterday for the first time in 40 years.

All this with G20 and OPEC next week. Seems to put a nice little bit of pressure on them don't it.

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:28 - Jun 14 with 3494 viewsStokieBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:25 - Jun 14 by footers

My main doubts lie with whether Iran was involved. Seems bad timing for them to get embroiled in something like this when their status as an OPEC member is as it is and that they were receiving a Japanese PM yesterday for the first time in 40 years.

All this with G20 and OPEC next week. Seems to put a nice little bit of pressure on them don't it.

All very good points although circumstantial.

Guthers has pointed out though that the republican guard are a rule to themselves.

SB

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:30 - Jun 14 with 3491 viewsfooters

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:28 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

Guthers has pointed out though that the republican guard are a rule to themselves.

SB

It's certainly very interesting... We shall see who is behind such shady dealings in the fullness of time. Or will we?

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:32 - Jun 14 with 3487 viewsStokieBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:30 - Jun 14 by footers

It's certainly very interesting... We shall see who is behind such shady dealings in the fullness of time. Or will we?

To be honest I don't think we will ever know.

It's clear that for some (and it's a very valid opinion) there can never be evidence that is unquestionable due to modern tech. Given that the debate can never be decisive on either side.

That's not what I have an issue with. I have an issue with some people deciding it's the US based on the own prejudice without any actual evidence. If there is evidence against the US then by all means point the finger.

SB

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:36 - Jun 14 with 3480 viewsWeWereZombies

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:14 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

SB

From sixty five years ago so that will obviously displease you and caught-in-limbo but:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_Guatemalan_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

The United States were not the first, Britain has a decent track record here, and will not be the last but to say that 'economic annexation' does not go on is just having a blind spot.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:41 - Jun 14 with 3472 viewsStokieBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:36 - Jun 14 by WeWereZombies

From sixty five years ago so that will obviously displease you and caught-in-limbo but:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_Guatemalan_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

The United States were not the first, Britain has a decent track record here, and will not be the last but to say that 'economic annexation' does not go on is just having a blind spot.

What is the specific definition though? I am sure I agree it happens but would like a definition. Do you just mean applying economic pressure to get one's own way?

Do you think that actions 65 years ago under a totally different regime, which due to the political structure of the US changes frequently can be used as contemporary evidence?

It's like using atrocities from the British Empire time period to say we might go kill a load of people somewhere. I just don't think it's valid to site as evidence when deciding categorically that someone is to blame as posters have in this thread.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 9:42]

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:54 - Jun 14 with 3454 viewsWeWereZombies

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:41 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

What is the specific definition though? I am sure I agree it happens but would like a definition. Do you just mean applying economic pressure to get one's own way?

Do you think that actions 65 years ago under a totally different regime, which due to the political structure of the US changes frequently can be used as contemporary evidence?

It's like using atrocities from the British Empire time period to say we might go kill a load of people somewhere. I just don't think it's valid to site as evidence when deciding categorically that someone is to blame as posters have in this thread.

SB
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 9:42]

Well, is there a specific definition of economic activity? These things develop over time, the United Fruit Company is (despite the time that has passed, which also helps clear the fog of hype that occludes the present) a 'digestible' account of how a corporation can have control over the majority of the functioning of an entire country. The ramifications are still felt in Guatemala to this day.

So consider how we are told that foreign powers use bots to undermine our communications and how that in turn blinds us to interventions in Georgia and Ukraine but the natural gas keeps being bought by Europe. How a state prevents outside social media almost totally and uses its own channels to condition and control, but the World still ships in so much produce from that state. Or stand on the border of Ratanakiri province in Cambodia and watch the endless stream of trucks trundle over the crossing point into Vietnam as raw materials drain from the former to aid the resurgent manufacturing boom in the latter. One country gets rich and the other stays poor.

[edit] added some hyperbole about 'the fog of time clearing' in the opening paragraph and added an 'are' that I had omitted in the first line of the second. Also, I forgot to say that 'cite' was spelled incorrectly in the post I replied to...
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 10:06]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 10:42 - Jun 14 with 3426 viewsBluesquid

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:13 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

Once again, we are talking nearly 40 years ago. How long can historical events be used as contemporary evidence?

All I am saying is that in this thread alone there were numerous posters who had decided it was the US doing a false flag or whatever without any evidence.

SB

US actions 40 years ago are very relevant today and regarding recent events.

What about the victims of the 911, 7/7 and Madrid terror attacks?

The US brought in the Al-Qaeda terrorist Wahhabi extremist element from Saudi and funded, armed and supported them and we all know what happened 20 years later don't we?

The actions of a rogue nation.

[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 10:47]
Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 10:51 - Jun 14 with 3410 viewsStokieBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 10:42 - Jun 14 by Bluesquid

US actions 40 years ago are very relevant today and regarding recent events.

What about the victims of the 911, 7/7 and Madrid terror attacks?

The US brought in the Al-Qaeda terrorist Wahhabi extremist element from Saudi and funded, armed and supported them and we all know what happened 20 years later don't we?

The actions of a rogue nation.

[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 10:47]

The example you've picked is also straight out of the cold war as Clinton said - it was a totally different time as I am sure you acknowledge.

Mistakes from a previous administration having longer lasting affects does not mean a current or subsequent administration are doing something similar.

It's a false premise.

You need actual contemporary evidence to make such a conclusion. That is all I am saying. Immediately presuming guilt based on nothing contemporary isn't a valid approach in my opinion.

I am sure we will disagree on that and I don't want a huge argument about it as I am sure you don't.

SB

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 13:23 - Jun 14 with 3364 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:28 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

SB

Correct and they are suspected in a number of different attacks/sabotage:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-iran-oil-tankers-exclusive/exclusive-insu
Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 13:25 - Jun 14 with 3361 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 14:37 - Jun 13 by Oldsmoker

Dirty tricks?
Can't be an insurance scam as acts of war aren't usually covered.
Who would want to start a war with Iran and has plenty of subs patrolling the 7 seas?
Perhaps the country that says they will provide "protection" for all shipping by dispatching a large navy to the Gulf might give us a clue.

This would be covered under marine war unless there was a declaration of state of war between the states involved
Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 14:02 - Jun 14 with 3338 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:14 - Jun 14 by StokieBlue

SB

There's the money made by contractors from the business of war itself....
https://www.ft.com/content/7f435f04-8c05-11e2-b001-00144feabdc0
....and then the pickings after the event all paidvfor in lovely dollars....
https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2011/12/2011122813134071641.html

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 21:09 - Jun 14 with 3299 viewsBackToRussia

SB

I think GB calls it "a pattern of behaviour".

They fabricated the grounds for a war 15 years ago.

If you want to use your rogue regime line, they've had a sure load of rogue regimes.

Is that another pattern of behaviour? They're totting up.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 21:34 - Jun 14 with 3281 viewsStokieBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 21:09 - Jun 14 by BackToRussia

If you want to use your rogue regime line, they've had a sure load of rogue regimes.

"They fabricated the grounds for a war 15 years ago. "

What did they fabricate about Iran - specifics please.

SB

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 08:04 - Jun 15 with 3212 viewsNo9

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 09:13 - Jun 14 by BanksterDebtSlave

Do you mean a return to the days of the Shah?
Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 08:25 - Jun 15 with 3200 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 21:09 - Jun 14 by BackToRussia

Speaking of a Pattern of behaviour, I see Corbyn is bending over backwards to support the regime he took twenty grand from the spout their propaganda at a time they were torturing journalists, executing homosexuals and suppressing political opposition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48645280

I love how he questions whether the government has "credible evidence" yet doesn’t apply the same standards when seeing “he hand of Israel” in one of his conspiracies.

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/corbyn-suspected-hand-of-israel-in-egypt-bo
[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 8:43]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 08:34 - Jun 15 with 3189 viewsNo9

Iranian media claiming two tankers attacked in Gulf on 08:25 - Jun 15 by GlasgowBlue

Speaking of a Pattern of behaviour, I see Corbyn is bending over backwards to support the regime he took twenty grand from the spout their propaganda at a time they were torturing journalists, executing homosexuals and suppressing political opposition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48645280

I love how he questions whether the government has "credible evidence" yet doesn’t apply the same standards when seeing “he hand of Israel” in one of his conspiracies.

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/corbyn-suspected-hand-of-israel-in-egypt-bo
[Post edited 15 Jun 2019 8:43]

Just a simple question:- is there anything anyone could post on this forum, that you couldn't spin into an anti Corybn thread?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024