Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brands that work! 10:22 - Jun 13 with 9210 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Berghaus waterproofs....just saying if any of you have been getting wet recently. The trousers have been a godsend.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 19:39]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Brands that work! on 10:27 - Jun 13 with 3512 viewsBobbyDazzler

Ronseal.....does what it say's on the tin!!! haha
Brands that work! on 10:27 - Jun 13 with 3514 viewsSwansea_Blue

Jo.

She seems to have wound up the Kippers a treat over the last couple of days. That works for me

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brands that work! on 10:45 - Jun 13 with 3465 viewsWeWereZombies

I bought a North Face jacket a few years back, around a £100 instead of the £300 I would have paid to replace my much loved Paramo with similar. Was very happy at first but, it's true I treat my outdoor gear very roughly though, find the North Face is failing very badly now. Still got the old Paramo and can see that making its way back into use. Or traded in for a new one, they give you a discount if you do.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Brands that work! on 10:49 - Jun 13 with 3448 viewsNo9

HH always kept me warm
Brands that work! on 10:57 - Jun 13 with 3429 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brands that work! on 10:45 - Jun 13 by WeWereZombies

I bought a North Face jacket a few years back, around a £100 instead of the £300 I would have paid to replace my much loved Paramo with similar. Was very happy at first but, it's true I treat my outdoor gear very roughly though, find the North Face is failing very badly now. Still got the old Paramo and can see that making its way back into use. Or traded in for a new one, they give you a discount if you do.

Her that knows best used to go with North Face.....turns out she didn't know best. Now uses Berghaus too.
Anybody rate a particular waterproof boot (not wellies!)

Brands that work! on 10:58 - Jun 13 with 3424 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brands that work! on 10:49 - Jun 13 by No9

HH always kept me warm

2 lots of heroin?

Brands that work! on 11:00 - Jun 13 with 3415 viewsfooters

Brands that work! on 10:58 - Jun 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

2 lots of heroin?

I'd heard of DDs before but HH?! Lucky man!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Brands that work! on 11:05 - Jun 13 with 3387 viewsWeWereZombies

Brands that work! on 11:00 - Jun 13 by footers

Helly Hansen, and with a username like yours surely you can help Bankster with his waterproof boots query?

Login to get fewer ads

Brands that work! on 11:09 - Jun 13 with 3371 viewsfooters

Brands that work! on 11:05 - Jun 13 by WeWereZombies

Helly Hansen, and with a username like yours surely you can help Bankster with his waterproof boots query?

Unfortunately not. I know you're an outdoorsman but I find all that clobber extremely distasteful... hiking boots, cagoules, fleeces. No, no I say.

If you are more interested in the aesthetics of the female foot, however, then we may chat via PM.

Brands that work! on 11:14 - Jun 13 with 3355 viewsWeWereZombies

Brands that work! on 11:09 - Jun 13 by footers

Unfortunately not. I know you're an outdoorsman but I find all that clobber extremely distasteful... hiking boots, cagoules, fleeces. No, no I say.

If you are more interested in the aesthetics of the female foot, however, then we may chat via PM.

It's a rare one, the foot fetish. I have sometimes glimpsed what it would be to be in that world and even massaged a foot or two but it's not really for me.

Brands that work! on 11:17 - Jun 13 with 3350 viewsbrogansnose

Brands that work! on 10:57 - Jun 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Her that knows best used to go with North Face.....turns out she didn't know best. Now uses Berghaus too.
Anybody rate a particular waterproof boot (not wellies!)

Le Chameau.

Now on my second pair in 14 years and I wear them everyday, not all day though, and I'm talking about the bottom of the range cheap ones too. Warm, comfortable and long lasting with that ' I'm posh, Hey look , I've got green wellies baby.'

Yeah, I know you said not wellies but if its dry you want then wellies are your dizzle on your schizzle.
Brands that work! on 11:18 - Jun 13 with 3346 viewsIpswichKnight

Outfit for today

Colombia waterproof rain jacket
Berghaus waterproof over trousers
Salomon hiking trainers ( waterproof )

Arrived at work all nice an dry. Got a HH jacket which is fabulous but was way to warm this morning for that .
Brands that work! on 11:18 - Jun 13 with 3347 viewsfooters

Brands that work! on 11:14 - Jun 13 by WeWereZombies

It's a rare one, the foot fetish. I have sometimes glimpsed what it would be to be in that world and even massaged a foot or two but it's not really for me.

I'd love to have some sort of alternative sexuality. There are people out there who get hard as a stick of Brighton rock over balloons, jelly and god-knows-what-else. Must be exciting!

Brands that work! on 11:20 - Jun 13 with 3341 viewsSteve_M

North Face has become a lifestyle, rather than a serious outdoor, brand in recent years.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Brands that work! on 11:23 - Jun 13 with 3330 viewsWeWereZombies

Brands that work! on 11:18 - Jun 13 by footers

I'd love to have some sort of alternative sexuality. There are people out there who get hard as a stick of Brighton rock over balloons, jelly and god-knows-what-else. Must be exciting!

I do know someone who manages a sex shop in, of all places, Norwich and she has told me about the strange clubs that go on there. The 'Baby club' I can work out but the 'Furry club', well that sounds a bit too close to stereotyping to me.

Brands that work! on 11:24 - Jun 13 with 3328 viewsNo9

Brands that work! on 10:58 - Jun 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

2 lots of heroin?

No it is a Norwegian brand of harsh weather clothing
Sorry to disappoint
Brands that work! on 11:24 - Jun 13 with 3321 viewsNo9

Brands that work! on 11:00 - Jun 13 by footers

Sorry, see me response to BDS
Brands that work! on 11:25 - Jun 13 with 3316 viewsNo9

Shows my naivety?
Brands that work! on 11:25 - Jun 13 with 3314 viewsBackToRussia

Farking hell, bit expensive aren't they? https://www.berghaus.com/mens-trousers-shorts/mens-trousers which type's yours?

I'm in the market though. Just bought some black muck boots as tired of having wet feet with leathers.

Having done that it will now not rain for 2 months of course.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Brands that work! on 11:28 - Jun 13 with 3300 viewsNo9

Brands that work! on 11:20 - Jun 13 by Steve_M

North Face has become a lifestyle, rather than a serious outdoor, brand in recent years.

That brand is not alone in that respect
Brands that work! on 11:35 - Jun 13 with 3287 viewsSteve_M

Brands that work! on 11:25 - Jun 13 by BackToRussia

Farking hell, bit expensive aren't they? https://www.berghaus.com/mens-trousers-shorts/mens-trousers which type's yours?

I'm in the market though. Just bought some black muck boots as tired of having wet feet with leathers.

I think my waterproof trousers are the Berghaus Deluge ones, I've had them years and they are fine. Get hot for walking in quite quickly if it stops raining but guess that won't concern you too much.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Brands that work! on 11:36 - Jun 13 with 3283 viewsWeWereZombies

Brands that work! on 11:25 - Jun 13 by BackToRussia

Should point out that Bankster's request for the boots not to be wellies was probably because 'rubbers' do not breathe and if you are standing in a river fly fishing that is fine but if your exercise or work is more rigorous then the feet sweat and make the insides of the wellies quite stinky and uncomfortable. Then the excess of sweat can induce blistering.

On Berghaus (like Super Dry a British brand with a 'foreign' sounding name to make the consumer believe they are getting some type of exotic premium) I had a Cyclops rucksack that I bought in the eighties and used for more than twenty years, great brand back then. However I have heard of a tailing off in quality (perhaps due to a tie in with Sports Direct?) similar to the one Steve_M pointed out to me about North Face but perhaps this only affects the less expensive end of their range. One of the dangers of branding, and it is best to look at gear product by product rather than be a slave (sorry, Bankster) to a brand. Having said that, I did find a pair of Rohan trousers in my size in a charity shop for £4.50 last month - didn't have to think twice about nabbing those.

Brands that work! on 11:37 - Jun 13 with 3283 viewssoupytwist

Of course, if you are clad in Paramo you may get the occasional knowing nod from a middle aged bloke who’s into Half Man Half Biscuit as it crops up in the lyrics to “Mod. Diff. Vdiff. Hard Severe”
Brands that work! on 11:37 - Jun 13 with 3275 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Chainsaw boots are fine but a bit weighty. Had a great pair of Timberland boots which kept my feet lovely and dry until the sole fell off. The Excaliburs I got from mountain warehouse leaked almost immediately but they have replaced them saying they must be faulty!

Brands that work! on 11:40 - Jun 13 with 3263 viewsWeWereZombies

Brands that work! on 11:37 - Jun 13 by soupytwist

Of course, if you are clad in Paramo you may get the occasional knowing nod from a middle aged bloke who’s into Half Man Half Biscuit as it crops up in the lyrics to “Mod. Diff. Vdiff. Hard Severe”

I did not know that, will check it out on YouTube. And stop putting those knowing nods to middle aged men barking up the wrong tree...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024