Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brands that work! 10:22 - Jun 13 with 9213 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Berghaus waterproofs....just saying if any of you have been getting wet recently. The trousers have been a godsend.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 19:39]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Brands that work! on 15:26 - Jun 13 with 2657 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brands that work! on 15:19 - Jun 13 by bluelagos

Scarpa Gtx. Best buy in the ramblers mag. Bought some and gave 'em a good workout over the past few months. Not let me down yet.

+1 for Bergbuas jacket.

Might get some trousers as am yet to find any that withstand heavy rain and are breathable.

Thanks, will check them out.

Edit....how did you find the sizing?
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 15:36]

Brands that work! on 15:44 - Jun 13 with 2634 viewsbluelagos

Brands that work! on 15:26 - Jun 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Thanks, will check them out.

Edit....how did you find the sizing?
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 15:36]

They do halves, which helps.

Problem with walking boots /shoes is you never know if they suit you / your feet til you've done 100 miles in them. I bought some hi'techs and they were brilliant. Second pair, are sh1t, just dont work for my feet.

Scarpa terra gtx , seem to be around £150. Mine were last year's discontinued model for £85. A lot of money either way so only worth it if you are walking a lot. I walked a marathon in mine, not one blister :-)

Also check out Merills, especially if you want shoes not boots.

If you are doing serious walks (10 miles +) regularly, spend the money. If not, just spend £40 on some hi-techs.

Also, wear them in the shop for 10 mins. Go up and down the steps and also try and find a slope to go down. If they are uncomfy in the shop, they will kill on a descent. Decent shop wont mind.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 15:47]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Brands that work! on 15:49 - Jun 13 with 2621 viewsronnyd

Brands that work! on 15:44 - Jun 13 by bluelagos

Problem with walking boots /shoes is you never know if they suit you / your feet til you've done 100 miles in them. I bought some hi'techs and they were brilliant. Second pair, are sh1t, just dont work for my feet.

Scarpa terra gtx , seem to be around £150. Mine were last year's discontinued model for £85. A lot of money either way so only worth it if you are walking a lot. I walked a marathon in mine, not one blister :-)

If you are doing serious walks (10 miles +) regularly, spend the money. If not, just spend £40 on some hi-techs.

Also, wear them in the shop for 10 mins. Go up and down the steps and also try and find a slope to go down. If they are uncomfy in the shop, they will kill on a descent. Decent shop wont mind.

Yes to trying them out for as long as you can before buying. Bought a £100 pair of Brashers in Kendal a few years ago and just couldn,t break them in.
Brands that work! on 16:34 - Jun 13 with 2583 viewsWeWereZombies

£85! Cheapskate...I spent a couple of hundred on my Alt-bergs (another example of a British brand using a foreign name to sound like they come from the Austrian/Italian epicentre of mountaineering boot manufacture, they are actually in Richmond, North Yorkshire), they supply to the Army and the Police but don't let that put you off, not a 'standard issue' or 'put up with what you are given' boot but good one piece leather and some nice touches like click into grip lace holders for when you have pulled the laces tight before you tie them keep that tightness in place. Can be resoled too so I may never have to buy another pair of walking boots, although my ex.copper mate reckons the insoles go. And they didn't stop me falling and lying unconscious for a couple of hours at a couple of thousand feet in Glen Etive last November, but that is more likely to be my own carelessness than the boots (if only I could recall what happened...)
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 16:51]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Brands that work! on 19:01 - Jun 13 with 2549 viewsCoastalblue

I've got a pair of Merills walking shoes, I have to admit they make me feel like I'm about 20 years older when I wear them and it only normally for city walking but there's no doubt they are very comfortable and I tend to struggle with foot wear due to wide feet.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Brands that work! on 19:18 - Jun 13 with 2542 viewsTractorWood

Brompton. There are other folding bikes that are even less than half the price but they are all poor. It's a British brand that globally dominates because it's simply better than anything else out there by such a ridiculous margin.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Brands that work! on 07:38 - Jun 14 with 2475 viewsBluefish

Brands that work! on 11:14 - Jun 13 by WeWereZombies

It's a rare one, the foot fetish. I have sometimes glimpsed what it would be to be in that world and even massaged a foot or two but it's not really for me.

A massive alarm goes off in twtd towers if you say foot fetish on here. A similar alarm goes off in Lucan's trousers

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Brands that work! on 14:37 - Jul 27 with 2333 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brands that work! on 15:19 - Jun 13 by bluelagos

Scarpa Gtx. Best buy in the ramblers mag. Bought some and gave 'em a good workout over the past few months. Not let me down yet.

+1 for Bergbuas jacket.

Might get some trousers as am yet to find any that withstand heavy rain and are breathable.

Miss Slave has just received her Scarpa Terra boots and danced a little jig of joy around the kitchen such was the comfort.....good work Mr Lagos. Now to return my sh1t boots to mountain warehouse and get some too.

Login to get fewer ads

Brands that work! on 14:54 - Jul 27 with 2309 viewsChondzoresk

As far as waterproof tops are concerned I wear Napapjiri. Nothing better. £150 a pop for ‘Rainforest’ it isn’t cheap.
Brands that work! on 17:08 - Jul 27 with 2289 viewshoppy

Chenery Creative...

It includes a Chenery, and is creative... so that works!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Brands that work! on 16:54 - Jul 28 with 2235 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brands that work! on 16:34 - Jun 13 by WeWereZombies

£85! Cheapskate...I spent a couple of hundred on my Alt-bergs (another example of a British brand using a foreign name to sound like they come from the Austrian/Italian epicentre of mountaineering boot manufacture, they are actually in Richmond, North Yorkshire), they supply to the Army and the Police but don't let that put you off, not a 'standard issue' or 'put up with what you are given' boot but good one piece leather and some nice touches like click into grip lace holders for when you have pulled the laces tight before you tie them keep that tightness in place. Can be resoled too so I may never have to buy another pair of walking boots, although my ex.copper mate reckons the insoles go. And they didn't stop me falling and lying unconscious for a couple of hours at a couple of thousand feet in Glen Etive last November, but that is more likely to be my own carelessness than the boots (if only I could recall what happened...)

If you are out there Zombers which alt bergs did you get?

Brands that work! on 17:03 - Jul 28 with 2231 viewscaught-in-limbo

BBC
The Guardian
The Independent

it works for themselves and apparently for most people.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Brands that work! on 17:07 - Jul 28 with 2223 viewsjaykay

here is a brand that works

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Brands that work! on 17:15 - Jul 28 with 2215 viewscrunchie1978

Brands that work! on 11:00 - Jun 13 by footers

I'd heard of DDs before but HH?! Lucky man!

Double dips?
Brands that work! on 18:04 - Jul 28 with 2202 viewsSpruceMoose

Brands that work! on 17:03 - Jul 28 by caught-in-limbo

BBC
The Guardian
The Independent

it works for themselves and apparently for most people.

Aw someone is feeling salty

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Brands that work! on 18:18 - Jul 28 with 2195 viewscaught-in-limbo

Brands that work! on 18:04 - Jul 28 by SpruceMoose

Aw someone is feeling salty

thanks for the increased exposure, Sweety.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Brands that work! on 18:39 - Jul 28 with 2187 viewsSpruceMoose

Brands that work! on 18:18 - Jul 28 by caught-in-limbo

thanks for the increased exposure, Sweety.

You're welcome! Vlad will be pleased!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Brands that work! on 19:27 - Sep 27 with 1927 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Brands that work! on 16:34 - Jun 13 by WeWereZombies

+1 for club Alt-berg.....bloomin lovely and the clippy lace thing is something to behold. Finally had some rain to test them in and so far so good...they ooze quality. Too good to let near blackthorn though!

Brands that work! on 20:44 - Sep 27 with 1902 viewsEly_Blue

Fat Face, I started wearing their polo shirts a year or so ago and wow look at me now, I have a fat face.

I’ll get my coat

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024