Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mozzies 15:17 - Jun 13 with 4336 viewsscotdoc

Best repellant and best after bite treatment-thoughts/experiences?
Mozzies on 15:22 - Jun 13 with 3675 viewsartsbossbeard

I picked up Bushman Extreme (repellent) and Stingoes (bite cream) when in Oz earlier this year and they're both fantastic.

I believe you can get the Bushmans over here but not sure on the Stingoes.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Mozzies on 15:30 - Jun 13 with 3653 viewsSE1blue

I've found After Bite best for instant relief - the liquid stick one, not the gel tube one (that is rubbish)

Also piriton tablets, if you can take it, work extremely well but can make you drowsy.

I've only ever found those mosquito coils that you light to be any good for deterring mosquitos. But that requires you staying in one place like sat outside.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Mozzies on 15:45 - Jun 13 with 3632 viewsStokieBlue

Nothing works with regards to repellent, at least not for me.

I ordered some ridiculous 95% deet stuff off Amazon a few years back when I went to Tikal and they just totally ignored it. Stuff was ridiculous, it leaked in my bag and dissolved the plastic so had to lob it out. God knows what it actually does to one's skin but it certainly doesn't stop mosquitos.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Mozzies on 15:47 - Jun 13 with 3626 viewsSpruceMoose

Mozzies on 15:45 - Jun 13 by StokieBlue

Nothing works with regards to repellent, at least not for me.

I ordered some ridiculous 95% deet stuff off Amazon a few years back when I went to Tikal and they just totally ignored it. Stuff was ridiculous, it leaked in my bag and dissolved the plastic so had to lob it out. God knows what it actually does to one's skin but it certainly doesn't stop mosquitos.

SB

At least we know how come you developed those gills now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Mozzies on 16:02 - Jun 13 with 3604 viewsscotdoc

Mozzies on 15:47 - Jun 13 by SpruceMoose

At least we know how come you developed those gills now.

Cheers to all-bathospheric diving suit then!
Mozzies on 16:11 - Jun 13 with 3593 viewsunstableblue

I used to live on a Mozzi infested island in the tropics.

Key was dusk and night time.

Smoking coils on the veranda, and then plug-in repellents (flat pads) in every room. From about 3pm.

Then Mozi nets on the beds.

These feckers were like bats, and would drain you if given any chance.

Lashings of sticky and potent DEET repellent spray for when moving around.

Happy days.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Mozzies on 16:45 - Jun 13 with 3561 viewsWeWereZombies

If you are going somewhere where malaria is an issue go and see your doctor without delay and get the appropriate prophylaxis. And make sure you either have a mosquito net in your pack or that everywhere you stay has adequate netting.

Watch out for the side effects of the pills though.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Mozzies on 17:01 - Jun 13 with 3534 viewsfooters

Can't you just keep a steady stream of G&Ts flowing? Might make for a slightly wobbly trip but sure you'll manage ;)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Mozzies on 17:06 - Jun 13 with 3517 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sounds like you should best take Stokie!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Mozzies on 18:54 - Jun 13 with 3446 viewsDebsyAngel

Not sure what to suggest about deterrants to them but always find Calamine lotion (which cools the skin) and when it dries some Anthisan insect bite cream works best for me.

Should easily be able to get both in Boots.

https://images.app.goo.gl/uVuPUBgYpPaPeP426
Mozzies on 18:56 - Jun 13 with 3443 viewsSpruceMoose

Mozzies on 17:01 - Jun 13 by footers

Can't you just keep a steady stream of G&Ts flowing? Might make for a slightly wobbly trip but sure you'll manage ;)

I'm planning on taking a small handgun on my trip to Alaska next month to take care of the mozzies there. I believe they are the state bird.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Mozzies on 18:58 - Jun 13 with 3441 viewsfooters

Mozzies on 18:56 - Jun 13 by SpruceMoose

I'm planning on taking a small handgun on my trip to Alaska next month to take care of the mozzies there. I believe they are the state bird.

Thought Trump had put the block on mozzies over there?

Mozzies on 19:01 - Jun 13 with 3435 viewsSpruceMoose

Mozzies on 18:58 - Jun 13 by footers

Thought Trump had put the block on mozzies over there?

I see what you did there.

Mozzies on 19:49 - Jun 13 with 3404 viewsStokieBlue

Mozzies on 18:56 - Jun 13 by SpruceMoose

Cambodia was brilliant for mozzies.

I got off the plane in Siem Reap, looked up wondering what on earth was going on and there were massive dragonflies swooping all over the place. They had picked the place clean of mozzies so a very enjoyable week it was.

Moral of the story is to take giant dragonflies with you wherever you go.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Mozzies on 19:56 - Jun 13 with 3393 viewstcfc

I will 100% guarantee this, mozzies love me and this really works. Avon ‘skin so soft’. Someone told me about it years ago and I now never go anywhere that has mozzies without it. Think I had to go down the eBay route last time I bought some.
You’re welcome.
Mozzies on 19:57 - Jun 13 with 3390 viewsfooters

Mozzies on 19:56 - Jun 13 by tcfc

I will 100% guarantee this, mozzies love me and this really works. Avon ‘skin so soft’. Someone told me about it years ago and I now never go anywhere that has mozzies without it. Think I had to go down the eBay route last time I bought some.
You’re welcome.

Mate, your skin must be like a baby's bum!

Can I touch it?

Mozzies on 20:00 - Jun 13 with 3382 viewstcfc

Mozzies on 19:57 - Jun 13 by footers

Mate, your skin must be like a baby's bum!

Can I touch it?

I wouldn’t even charge you.
Mozzies on 20:02 - Jun 13 with 3379 viewsbrogansnose

Mozzies on 17:06 - Jun 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Sounds like you should best take Stokie!

Madam B takes me with her , not only because of this, but they will feast on me all night and leave her alone. I've been told that they are attraced to some people more than others. I also come up with Etna sized oozing eruptions after being bitten.

I have tried that Avon Skin so Soft cream which used to be effective to a certain degree but now they seem to have taken out some of the citronella.
Mozzies on 20:06 - Jun 13 with 3376 viewstcfc

Mozzies on 20:02 - Jun 13 by brogansnose

Madam B takes me with her , not only because of this, but they will feast on me all night and leave her alone. I've been told that they are attraced to some people more than others. I also come up with Etna sized oozing eruptions after being bitten.

I have tried that Avon Skin so Soft cream which used to be effective to a certain degree but now they seem to have taken out some of the citronella.

I stocked up about 10 years ago and still have some old bottles in a drawer. Caribbean this year so they’ll get used up. Got some of those wrist / ankle bands as well. No idea if they’re any good but dare say they can’t hurt.
Mozzies on 21:29 - Jun 13 with 3335 viewsWeWereZombies

You’re welcome.

According to quite a few 'in the know' it is what the commandos and the SAS use.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Mozzies on 21:32 - Jun 13 with 3332 viewsJimmyJazz

Tiger balm works as a good after treatment

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Mozzies on 22:07 - Jun 13 with 3298 viewsscotdoc

Mozzies on 16:45 - Jun 13 by WeWereZombies

If you are going somewhere where malaria is an issue go and see your doctor without delay and get the appropriate prophylaxis. And make sure you either have a mosquito net in your pack or that everywhere you stay has adequate netting.

Watch out for the side effects of the pills though.

Not being a pedant but my profession is in my username 😁
Mozzies on 22:09 - Jun 13 with 3293 viewsscotdoc

Mozzies on 19:49 - Jun 13 by StokieBlue

Cambodia was brilliant for mozzies.

I got off the plane in Siem Reap, looked up wondering what on earth was going on and there were massive dragonflies swooping all over the place. They had picked the place clean of mozzies so a very enjoyable week it was.

Moral of the story is to take giant dragonflies with you wherever you go.

SB

Scottish one's arny tame😁
Mozzies on 22:11 - Jun 13 with 3291 viewsscotdoc

You’re welcome.

Cheers,one of the options ta
Mozzies on 22:15 - Jun 13 with 3289 viewsscotdoc

Mozzies on 20:06 - Jun 13 by tcfc

I stocked up about 10 years ago and still have some old bottles in a drawer. Caribbean this year so they’ll get used up. Got some of those wrist / ankle bands as well. No idea if they’re any good but dare say they can’t hurt.

At the risk of upsetting the lgbti(insert any extra letter of alphabet) I'm not sure how poofy I want to look in Rome 😁
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024