Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans 18:32 - Jun 13 with 11241 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:34 - Jun 13 with 3816 viewsfooters

I reckon there'll be plenty more Shy Rories coming out in the Tory ranks as this rumbles on. They know the score, but whether Mr Stewart is PM material I'm not so sure.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:39 - Jun 13 with 3801 viewsSpruceMoose

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:34 - Jun 13 by footers

I reckon there'll be plenty more Shy Rories coming out in the Tory ranks as this rumbles on. They know the score, but whether Mr Stewart is PM material I'm not so sure.

Rory, Rory, still a Tory.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:39 - Jun 13 with 3803 viewsBlueBadger

He's got a look of the Ed Millibands about him, hasn't he?
God, if only Ed could have eaten a bacon sandwich competently, this whole sorry clusterf*ck could have been avoided.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 19:03]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:41 - Jun 13 with 3794 viewsBlueBadger

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:39 - Jun 13 by SpruceMoose

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:43 - Jun 13 with 3776 viewsfooters

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:41 - Jun 13 by BlueBadger

Iain Banks is Zed Rogers. Who knew.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:44 - Jun 13 with 3775 viewsgiant_stow

The fact is isn;t really pm material is what makes him appealing, I think at least.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:46 - Jun 13 with 3765 viewsBlueBadger

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:43 - Jun 13 by footers

Nah, Iain Banks was literate, clever and compassionate.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:48 - Jun 13 with 3746 viewsSpruceMoose

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:43 - Jun 13 by footers

Where is that nude scene expert anyway?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Login to get fewer ads

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:49 - Jun 13 with 3743 viewsfooters

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:46 - Jun 13 by BlueBadger

Don't be hatin' on ma boi Zed. He watches and waits, even as we speak.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:50 - Jun 13 with 3744 viewsOldsmoker

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:46 - Jun 13 by BlueBadger

For some (god knows) reason I chose Ian Banks Wasp Factory as some light reading for a holiday once.
I started it on the plane out, left it and finished it on the plane ride home.
That was one f*cked up book.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:50 - Jun 13 with 3740 viewsJ2BLUE

He clearly knows he needs a hail mary to become leader. Why not say it?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:57 - Jun 13 with 3711 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:39 - Jun 13 by BlueBadger

He's got a look of the Ed Millibands about him, hasn't he?
God, if only Ed could have eaten a bacon sandwich competently, this whole sorry clusterf*ck could have been avoided.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 19:03]

Nothing like EM. Before becoming an MP, Rory Stewart has been a member of MI6 (allegedly), been a deputy governor in Iraq (where his compound came under attack from militia), lived in Kabul for three years working to restore historic buildings in Kabul , its finances, installing water supply, electricity, and establishing a clinic, a school and an institute for traditional crafts, appointed Professor of Human Rights at Harvard University, written several books and spent 21 months walking across Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India and Nepal, staying in 500 village houses along the way.

I can’t think of anybody else in politics who has had his life experiences at such a young age.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 19:13]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 19:00 - Jun 13 with 3690 viewsBlueBadger

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:50 - Jun 13 by Oldsmoker

For some (god knows) reason I chose Ian Banks Wasp Factory as some light reading for a holiday once.

There's a lovely story in one of his books about his mum attending one of his book launches and a punter, who'd just re-read Wasp Factory, asking her what happened to him in his childhood to make him write THAT,

She apparebtly replied with 'och nothing, he was always a happy wee boy'.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 19:02 - Jun 13 with 3683 viewsSpruceMoose

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:57 - Jun 13 by GlasgowBlue

Nothing like EM. Before becoming an MP, Rory Stewart has been a member of MI6 (allegedly), been a deputy governor in Iraq (where his compound came under attack from militia), lived in Kabul for three years working to restore historic buildings in Kabul , its finances, installing water supply, electricity, and establishing a clinic, a school and an institute for traditional crafts, appointed Professor of Human Rights at Harvard University, written several books and spent 21 months walking across Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India and Nepal, staying in 500 village houses along the way.

I can’t think of anybody else in politics who has had his life experiences at such a young age.

I think he was more referring more to their shared trait of awkward gormlessness.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 19:02 - Jun 13 with 3684 viewsblueislander

Boris was a member of the Bullingdon Club.
Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 19:03 - Jun 13 with 3668 viewsBlueBadger

Edited for clarity, there.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 19:04 - Jun 13 with 3666 viewsfooters

If he were a member of MI6 that could lead to all sorts of deep state shennanigans vis-a-vis Brexit.

Tin foil time.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 19:16 - Jun 13 with 3593 viewsNthQldITFC

It's undeniably naughty and irrelevant to comment on a politician's personal appearance, but at 0:29 he looks likes he's going to go all Alien and burst out of Ian Holm's chest!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 21:25 - Jun 13 with 3444 viewsWeWereZombies

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:50 - Jun 13 by Oldsmoker

I would recommend you not to tangle with 'A Song of Stone' then.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 21:41 - Jun 13 with 3414 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Perhaps what is PM material is actually the issue.

Perhaps not having some megalomaniac with no empathy and a determination to be "strong and stable" while inflicting the greatest pain they can get away with on the most needy in society is actually what the country needs.

Perhaps our impression of "PM material" is the big problem.

PS Someone who is prepared to put at risk his own campaign by stating that he will stand against Boris' undemocratic proposals makes me glad he exists even if they won't vote him in.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 21:46 - Jun 13 with 3406 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 18:39 - Jun 13 by SpruceMoose

Sadly we'll only be getting another Tory out of this process. I've never been unilaterally against Tories before, so I feel a bit mean saying this. But the last decade has been a real eyeopener.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 21:47]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 21:49 - Jun 13 with 3397 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh that Rory. I thought you meant this one

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 21:56 - Jun 13 with 3371 viewsBlueBadger

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 21:25 - Jun 13 by WeWereZombies

I would recommend you not to tangle with 'A Song of Stone' then.

Christ, it's unreadably bleak, is that one.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 22:04 - Jun 13 with 3332 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Boris will definitely not be inviting the Pogues to Parlament and that Rory shouldn't worry and get so stressed about something that hasn't happened yet. Rather looked to me like he was having opium withdrawals.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 22:05 - Jun 13 with 3330 viewsfooters

Rory’s not having any of Boris’ shenanigans on 21:41 - Jun 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Perhaps what is PM material is actually the issue.

Perhaps not having some megalomaniac with no empathy and a determination to be "strong and stable" while inflicting the greatest pain they can get away with on the most needy in society is actually what the country needs.

Perhaps our impression of "PM material" is the big problem.

PS Someone who is prepared to put at risk his own campaign by stating that he will stand against Boris' undemocratic proposals makes me glad he exists even if they won't vote him in.

I agree with you wholeheartedly!

But aren't we now so post-Thatcher, presidential-sofa-politics-style that we can't go back?

The British government *should* be all about the Cabinet. Or just call me old fashioned.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024